Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
For some reason, this time mine isn't manually showing up under My Choice even through I know the tracking number through alternative lookup methods. So I decided to call UPS last night and a rep tells me international shipments aren't available to change delivery options through UPS MyChoice. LIES. I've done this before with iPhones and NIKEiD packages. Going to call again tonight to make sure my is held for pickup Friday morning!

I'm sure my iPhone is in great company alongside everyone else's...currently in Kentucky. Haha.

Mitch Rapp

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
How are you all getting your tracking number? Mine says deliver on Sept 16, but I haven't received a tracking number yet.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Does anyone know if I can pick up my iPhone if it's shipped under my mom's name? We have the same address.

When you arrange for the package to be held at the UPS CC, it asks you to type in the name of the person who will pick up the package. Do that and bring your ID.

stanman64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
When I go to Change Delivery under my choice, the option of "pickup my package at a UPS location" is greyed out. Could this just be due to the fact that my package hasn't officially shipped yet? Still at "Ready for UPS" status.

edit: Shipped through Sprint. Anyone else seeing this option greyed out?

Last edited:

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
When I go to Change Delivery under my choice, the option of "pickup my package at a UPS location" is greyed out. Could this just be due to the fact that my package hasn't officially shipped yet? Still at "Ready for UPS" status.

Yeah sounds about right. Ready for UPS technically means the label is made but ups hasn't scanned it into the system

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Mine is supposed to be held for pickup (which is what I requested) since when I check the status it says "Delievery Change Requested: Hold for pickup". I had tried to get it sent to a UPS store which is closer, but kept having problems and had to change that request a couple of times. However, now I just got the Apple shipping confirmation and when I select "track shipment" on the Apple order page (which is not the UPS page so I take it with a grain of salt) it says:

Address Corrected - Delivery Attempted September 14, 2016
Address Corrected - Delivery Attempted September 13, 2016
Shipment In Transit - Delayed September 13, 2016
Address Corrected - Delivery Attempted September 12, 2016
Shipment In Transit September 12, 2016
Est. Delivery September 16, 2016
Carrier UPS
Tracking Number

I find the "delievery attempted" strange, but I assume it's a system issue. I also don't know why it says "delayed", although it has been in Kentucky for a few days, but I think it's in good company there.

cgen1

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I changed my delivery option to my local UPS hub and it changed my estimated delivery from 9/16 to 9/19. I've seen that that is common for UPS Retail Stores, but should I assume it will actually arrive at the hub on 9/16?

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
I changed my delivery option to my local UPS hub and it changed my estimated delivery from 9/16 to 9/19. I've seen that that is common for UPS Retail Stores, but should I assume it will actually arrive at the hub on 9/16?

Might want to give them a call, if it's really a CC they should have it. I'm hoping I didn't mess anything up with mine yet since its still waiting to be picked up by UPS, no delivery date as of yet.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Are you sure you changed it to the hub and not the local UPS store? If you changed it to the hub, it would say "hold for pickup." If you changed it to a UPS store, it would indicate that the package is being delivered to another UPS location. If it is the hub, then it would seem impossible for the date to move unless there is something wrong with the order in general.

AprilShowers424

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
US
I always pick up packages from UPS. I've never had to wait an extra day. I've never picked up from the UPS store though I always use the main center.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina

As others said, give them a call. If it is more convenient for a HUB/UPS Store closer to you, that in fact may be why...but it should drop the date by that much. If feasible just tell them you want to hold for pick-up. Hopefully your UPS distribution center/main location isn't too far away for that.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Interesting point on delivery dates. If changing delivery addresses results in a one day delay, it's one business day, so changes a Friday delivery to Monday.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Interesting point on delivery dates. If changing delivery addresses results in a one day delay, it's one business day, so changes a Friday delivery to Monday.

That still doesn't make sense, and i guess its variable on how far away the preferred UPS Store is away from the Main Hub/Distribution Center. I have a UPS Store right up the street which is probably about 20 miles away from the main location on the other side of town, but whenever I change packages to the UPS store right up the street from me, they still arrive the same day.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I changed mine to be held for pickup at the CC and it still says delivers by Friday. I hope I'm able to pick it up before work since they open at 8 AM.

Anybody with experience knows if they sort it out he might before and it will be available first thing in the morning? This is my first time doing it this way. Usually wait for delivery.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I changed mine to be held for pickup at the CC and it still says delivers by Friday. I hope I'm able to pick it up before work since they open at 8 AM.

Anybody with experience knows if they sort it out he might before and it will be available first thing in the morning? This is my first time doing it this way. Usually wait for delivery.

Yes, should be ready first thing in the morning, because if you hadn't held for pick-up it would technically be on the truck for delivery or getting ready to head out.

Reactions: penajmz

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Yes, should be ready first thing in the morning, because if you hadn't held for pick-up it would technically be on the truck for delivery or getting ready to head out.
Great. I'm really hoping that's the case. The CC is close to work and I don't get in until 9. The plan is to pick it up then head to work. We shall see..

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Just changed mine to UPS distribution center. It sure as hell better be there like he said! Checked the status page and it's still in Louisville so here's to hoping

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Just changed mine to UPS distribution center. It sure as hell better be there like he said! Checked the status page and it's still in Louisville so here's to hoping

I changed mine on Tuesday with a rep via phone, and mine too is still in Kentucky also with the same status. I called to confirm this wasn't error, and I was informed once it starts to move again, the status should be updated.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I changed mine on Tuesday with a rep via phone, and mine too is still in Kentucky also with the same status. I called to confirm this wasn't error, and I was informed once it starts to move again, the status should be updated.

exactly how mine is. I just assume it'll come down by truck today. unless it takes an early morning flight tomorrow. who knows.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
exactly how mine is. I just assume it'll come down by truck today. unless it takes an early morning flight tomorrow. who knows.

Oh yea and he did say it would be ready for pickup by 8a. That's the scary part. Last time my watch was stolen from there.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Where does everyone live that there's open up at 8 my CC opens up at 9 lol

Atlanta. But the CC is in a really shady part outside the city. that's what makes me nervous. I just checked My Choice and it does show I'll be picking it up. Waiting until 5 or 6pm for UPS to deliver bites!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.