Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your iPhone 6 / 6S bent? (Public Poll)

• Total voters

pscl

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2013
I voted yes and I don't have a 6 or 6+.

This poll is biased unless you require proof for both options. Otherwise anyone can vote 'no' without even owning the phone to pad the results.

fool. sabotage.

pscl

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2013
People who are going crazy about few reports of (intentionally) bent iphones with no fckin proof are fools.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Then stop being biased and require proof of purchase to vote in the poll period.

its proof of bending . why are you so offended if i ask people to show bend phones do you want people to hide false facts ? just vote no truthfully. be an adult about it

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
wow, look at all those proof pics of those who voted yes to having a bent phone.

jpeg42

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Orygun
its proof of bending . why are you so offended if i ask people to show bend phones do you want people to hide false facts ? just vote no truthfully. be an adult about it

Then this shouldn't be a poll. It should just be a thread stating "show me pictures of your bent phone". You are trying to say by posting a poll (and in earlier responses) that the number is statistically small. Likely so, especially on this site, because any fanboi can vote no with multiple accounts to protect Apple's image. Any internet poll is worthless and doesn't prove a thing.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY

This poll is biased unless you require proof for both options. Otherwise anyone can vote 'no' without even owning the phone to pad the results.

Polls use the honor system, that's how it works. Don't try to sway it just because you don't like the results.

I don't have either phone and I didn't vote.

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
you can't realistically bend it into a perfect shape. with aluminium if you have machinery it is impossible to get a shape where if you lay it down or up, that you don't get a wobble. It is nearly impossible to match the bend back with the warping of bending to become perfectly straight. when you bend anodized aluminium, the fingers of a human are too big to have a precise bend back. not buying this. there has to be a rocking even a little. you can post the picture of the approximate bend it has.

No, I already bent it back into shape. I agree that you wouldn't be able to bend it back into shape if you bent it to such a degree that deformation occurred (i.e. affecting the spatial arrangement of aluminum particles), but bending mine back into shape, which took less force that I would have thought, put my 6+ in like new condition.

If you have trouble visualizing what I'm trying to explain, think about slightly bending a long aluminum ruler. With a slight bend, you can actually bend it back straight with virtually no ill affect. Now think of bending the same ruler in half until the opposite ends meet. The aluminum particles in the middle of the ruler have traveled such a distance apart that bending the ruler back in place would be impossible.

As I've tried to explain here, it is very possible to fix a slight bend in aluminum. That's because physics. Once a certain amount of bend has occurred, aluminum cannot be placed back perfectly, mine did not acquire such a degree of bending.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't wear skintight jeans and jam a large thin phone in my pocket before I site down. So NO it's not bent and it never will be.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Then this shouldn't be a poll. It should just be a thread stating "show me pictures of your bent phone". You are trying to say by posting a poll (and in earlier responses) that the number is statistically small. Likely so, especially on this site, because any fanboi can vote no with multiple accounts to protect Apple's image. Any internet poll is worthless and doesn't prove a thing.

you sound like as if you dont want people to see the scale of the issue . the more people vote the more anomolies like your fake vote wont happen .contribute to this forum by being truthful.no one is getting hurt if i ask for the pictures. if anything it will add to the impact not diminish it.i mean isnt that what you want ?

pscl

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2013
can somebody please explain to me, how one managed to get its iphone bend THIS way in front pocket?

i mean... if it bends... wouldnt you expect it to bend the long way? like the shape of your tigh?

please... explain it to me!!!

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Right now iboost is the only one in the yes column who has had pictures uploaded albiet elsewhere. everyone else is suspect

----------

No, I already bent it back into shape. I agree that you wouldn't be able to bend it back into shape if you bent it to such a degree that deformation occurred (i.e. affecting the spatial arrangement of aluminum particles), but bending mine back into shape, which took less force that I would have thought, put my 6+ in like new condition.

If you have trouble visualizing what I'm trying to explain, think about slightly bending a long aluminum ruler. With a slight bend, you can actually bend it back straight with virtually no ill affect. Now think of bending the same ruler in half until the opposite ends meet. The aluminum particles in the middle of the ruler have traveled such a distance apart that bending the ruler back in place would be impossible.

As I've tried to explain here, it is very possible to fix a slight bend in aluminum. That's because physics. Once a certain amount of bend has occurred, aluminum cannot be placed back perfectly, mine did not acquire such a degree of bending.

can you rock it on a table

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

Or that this is actually a very insignificant issue with probably not even a few hundred devices having this problem, my 6 is perfect.

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
can you rock it on a table

Again, READ.

I noticed my 6+ was bent yesterday near the bottom volume button. I determined this by lying the 6+ on its face on a table and pressing on each of the four corners one by one. The wobble was quite apparent. I've since bent it back into place (approximately anyway), so I don't have pictures.

That's the second time I've had to instruct you to *READ* my post. I placed all the necessary information in there so I didn't have to make posts like this.

Not the brightest bulb in the box, are you Hasan?

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Again, READ.

That's the second time I've had to instruct you to *READ* my post. I placed all the necessary information in there so I didn't have to make posts like this.

Not the brightest bulb in the box, are you Hasan?

then can you post an example of it instead of making up stories? I have read enough but many people can just make stories. 1 picture is enough. really. Its about validation, I can say I have 50 iPhones and all are bent because i had them in the back seat. great story, wheres the proof. show it.

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
then can you post an example of it instead of making up stories? I have read enough but many people can just make stories. 1 picture is enough. really.

It takes me a while to do this, seriously- I hate name calling- but you are an idiot. I'm sorry, but there's no way around stating this.

I. Bent. It. Back. Into. Place. Therefore. I. Can't. Take. A. Photo. Of. A. Bend. Or. Wobble. That. Doesn't. Exist. Nor. Will. I. Bend. It. Out. Of. Shape. Again. As. Proof.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
It takes me a while to do this, seriously- I hate name calling- but you are an idiot. I'm sorry, but there's no way around stating this.

I. Bent. It. Back. Into. Place. Therefore. I. Can't. Take. A. Photo. Of. A. Bend. Or. Wobble. That. Doesn't. Exist. Nor. Will. I. Bend. It. Out. Of. Shape. Again. As. Proof.

you can't bent it back to what is was before, straight, even a slight bend will be visual with a picture of the phone laid down on its glass or back. its pretty simple. No name calling and more picture taking or everyone will just think its a story. just take a picture and that is good enough. Right now the assumption is your story is made up. there was no bend as bending it back to fix it is not possible without an adverse reaction from the metal to bend elsewhere. calling BS.

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
you can't bent it back to what is was before, straight, even a slight bend will be visual with a picture of the phone laid down on its glass or back. its pretty simple. No name calling and more picture taking or everyone will just think its a story. just take a picture and that is good enough. Right now the assumption is your story is made up. there was no bend as bending it back to fix it is not possible without an adverse reaction from the metal to bend elsewhere. calling BS.

I hope you're joking now, because that's all I can conclude from our conversation. Either way, I won't be replying to your posts anymore.

FzNk

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012

Any poll like this has an inherent flaw that doesn't even require people to lie. A greater percentage of the people with bent phones are going to vote than those without bent phones because they're more likely to be looking for threads on bent phones.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
I hope you're joking now, because that's all I can conclude from our conversation. Either way, I won't be replying to your posts anymore.

all you got to do is post 1 picture, you do have another camera right? otherwise everyone will think its a made up story. good one though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.