Returned Jet Black 7+ for Gold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SuperKerem, Oct 8, 2016.

1. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

After using a Jet Black 7 Plus for a week or so, I decided that the black bezel wasn't for me. Today I swapped it out for a gold model (with a white bezel, as I have had for the past 3 years) and instantly felt right at home. I must admit that the glossy exterior looks more premium, but I always use a case so this wasn't too important.

Just a short thread about my opinion :D

2. Lyshen macrumors 6502

I'm nearly the same, had white bezel (silver or rose gold) iPhones since the 4s... but this generation sticking with the JB version, stability is nice but so is change haha...

3. Conan86 macrumors 6502

I've been using a black bezel ever since the iPhone 4.. got really sick of it and have finally changed to a white bezel with gold casing this year. The white interface blends in really well with the white bezel and somehow makes me feel better when using it. The craze for black iPhones also made getting a white bezeled phone much easier this year.

4. maxsquared macrumors regular

I prefer the gold phone, had one since 6, and was going to get the gold one as well, until I saw the ugly write antenna line in person, it ruins everything, I've settled for a Matt Black one.

5. double329 macrumors 6502

I went back and forth. I always ended up with Gold/White and that is what I have for 7plus. My picked up black for my kids.

6. mattysmith118 macrumors 6502

Pic please? xD

Whats your opinion on the matte black?

7. ToddH macrumors 65816

ToddH

Nice! I chose silver from the get go. I too love the white bezel. I'll probably never own a black iPhone again, too dark, boring, depressing.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Your post doesn't make much sense. If you had a gold iPhone 6, it has white antenna lines too.

9. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Opposite here. Every time I use the daughter or wifes white front phone I hate them. Cant stand to read or watch a video on them at all

10. Complex757 macrumors regular

Complex757

I had gold before and got matte black this time

I got tired of the white. Black makes the bezel seem smaller and it also doesn't distract when watching a movie.

11. 2015Girl Suspended

2015Girl

I had a black screen and hated it. Got the SE in white.

12. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Yeah and the white antenna lines on the 7 look immensely better now than they did on the 6 and 6s.

13. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

14. Americasteam macrumors regular

Had a matte black 7 Plus and traded it for silver. Love white phones. My 6S Plus was also black and I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

15. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I had gold for my iPhone 6+, but went with space gray for my 6s+. Chose Matte Black this time as I prefer the black bezel. I won't lie though, I really do like the gold.

16. Conan86 macrumors 6502

I get how you feel! Somehow, the black bezels of an iPhone and especially an iPad makes me feel depressed, I can't explain but it just makes me feel that way. People always argue that white bezels distracts, but it has never once distracted me from the content. My brushed silver bezeled LG TV doesn't distract either..

The only thing I like about the black bezels on the iPhone is when the screen is off, it looks seamless as one piece of black glass.

17. predation macrumors 65816

18. Lyshen macrumors 6502

Hmm how about like jet pearl white?

This way it would have a shiny pearly white sheen to it.... now that would be interesting.

19. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I ordered the Silver iPhone 7 and Gold 7 Plus. I wanted a change from the black bezel with Space Gray. Received the Gold yesterday and it looks great. I really like the white bezel too, when I thought I wouldn't.