Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shreff86

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2015
I was just looking for some feedback from users of this case if you like it enough to continue using it or found it to slick or problems with it and decided to use another brand case

Berthacrowley

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2015
Nahant, MA
I was just looking for some feedback from users of this case if you like it enough to continue using it or found it to slick or problems with it and decided to use another brand case
I only found it too slick the first few days because I was used to a grippier case. I've had it for over a month now and I've gotten used to it. I'm fairly clumsy and haven't dropped it yet (though I do find myself holding the phone a little tighter than I used to just in case!)

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Been using the evutec Karbon SI on my 6s. Very much like the PlayProof with it's slim profile, but less slippery. Not enough grip to affect taking it out of my pocket and dragging every piece of lint with it like a certain fruit silicon case does.

Reactions: rcjr

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Ordered a playproof for my wife's 6s plus. I didn't care for the Karbon. I like the ballistic urbanite with carbon fiber way better. Love the extra lip and corner protection.

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
Been using the evutec Karbon SI on my 6s. Very much like the PlayProof with it's slim profile, but less slippery. Not enough grip to affect taking it out of my pocket and dragging every piece of lint with it like a certain fruit silicon case does.

+1 for the Karbon SI. I've had this case on my 6s Plus (for the second time now) and I like it more and more.

shreff86

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2015
+1 for the Karbon SI. I've had this case on my 6s Plus (for the second time now) and I like it more and more.

do the buttons seem better on this one compared to the other one you returned and was the box labeled for the 6s plus or just 6 plus the ones I seen were only labeled for the 6 plus

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I sent my karbon back and am using the playproof. The karbons buttons just didn't cut it for me.

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
do the buttons seem better on this one compared to the other one you returned and was the box labeled for the 6s plus or just 6 plus the ones I seen were only labeled for the 6 plus

Out of the box, the buttons were the same as my previous unit. However...I again took the case by itself and, for about 15 minutes (seriously), pressed in and loosened up the buttons as best I could. Last time I had mentioned how the buttons reverted back to their muted state but this time I am experiencing much better results after a few weeks of continued use. Is it perfect? No. But no case really is. The pros for me, however, do outweigh the cons, which are minimal in my opinion.

As for the packaging itself, there was a sticker on the top left corner saying the case is compatible with with the iPhone 6s Plus. It really is a great case.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
I'm really liking this case. I just replaced my incipio dualpro that I have been using since last year when I got my iPhone 6.

This case is much smaller and appears to be more durable than my former incipio case (the black hard plastic of the dualpro kept cracking).

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
I caved. I ordered an Evutec. Man that case is expensive.

Woot! It is on the pricey side but I think it's a solid case. Definitely break it in and give it some time to see how you like it. Mine has been on for a while now and I really enjoy using it/how it is on my phone.

Also...as if I need ANOTHER case...Evutec just came out with the Texture ST series for iPhone 6/6s. I love the way it is described so I emailed them and they said plans are in the works to release it for the 6 Plus/6s Plus in the next few months. Here we go again! I'll have hawk eyes out for this one.

Reactions: blaine07

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Woot! It is on the pricey side but I think it's a solid case. Definitely break it in and give it some time to see how you like it. Mine has been on for a while now and I really enjoy using it/how it is on my phone.

Also...as if I need ANOTHER case...Evutec just came out with the Texture ST series for iPhone 6/6s. I love the way it is described so I emailed them and they said plans are in the works to release it for the 6 Plus/6s Plus in the next few months. Here we go again! I'll have hawk eyes out for this one.
We have issues.... lol. I don't like the price, but I really do like the case. It's slim like the Playproof with a good amount of grip so I don't feel like I'm going to drop it. All while still being drop rated the same as my UAG! This might be a keeper. The thinness is deceiving in how protective it's rated to be, but I guess time will tell.

I've also noticed what some were saying about the buttons. My power and volume down buttons are fine, but volume up is a little mushy for some reason. Not a big deal but something I noticed, probably only cuz I read about it here.

I saw that Texture ST case also! And I also asked and they said a few months out for the 6s Plus. At that point I'd probably wait and get the iPhone 7 equivalent if I end up switching to that.. lol.

Reactions: rcjr

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Man I need to stop reading this thread! I think if I had seen the Evutec before the Playproof I may have gotten it. I actually switched back to my UAG to see if there's a noticeable difference of grip and I do notice a difference. I might switch again to the PlayProof but this Evutec is intriguing. And still drop protected to at least the same amount as my UAG.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used PlayProof in dark blue? :D lol

Still interested? I am, possibly.

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
Just ordered a playproof, thanks for all the reviews here. I have an ice max screen protector so hopefully they play nice together

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
I returned mine. Just too slippery feeling in the hand. Too bad though as it appears to give great protection.

leo.andres.21

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
Centre of the Attention
I have my PlayProof for 3 days now. I went with one of the printed one and man does it look and feel good. I can see why some may say it's a bit slippery, mine is less slippery with all the print holding onto my fingertips when I'm not gripping on it. I like the shape it takes, it adds a bit of thickness but just right in my opinion. Overall, I like this case a lot, wished it was just a tad cheaper so I could get a few different designs.

Reactions: willmtaylor

scjr

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
I just received this via e-mail. If anyone is interested, you can get 20% off Rhinoshield products at their website or their Amazon store.

code: NOJOKE11

Expires Monday.

Reactions: willmtaylor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.