Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
The report also suggests the triple camera system could only be offered on higher storage capacity models. If Apple can’t offer the new camera system on a £1099 64GB Max variant then quite frankly I’m done with Apple. Price gouging at it’s finest. 64GB has been more than sufficient as I’m heavily invested in iCloud/Apple Music and I’m sure many others feel the same
I hear you. I took that same approach a few years yet came crawling back.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Well, its only been a year since I purchased my 2017 iPhone X. So, will be skipping 2019 too and possibly 2020 too because it will be the first iPhone with 5G so not gonna take any chances on that.

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Enough of the "thinness wars;" can we just get a phone with a flat back again please?
Phones would be pretty thick if they matched the size of camera bumps. I'm sure a subset of people would appreciate it, but I'll wager the lion's share of consumers would not. Especially given the size of screens these days.

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
I'm not that worried about the camera bump. I always put my iPhone in an OtterBox case so the bump doesn't matter to me. I'm currently using the iPhone Xs Max which is a great phone and I will probably skip the 2019 iPhone rather than upgrading unless Apple delivers some truly "must have" feature in it (not sure what that might be - maybe integration with AR glasses?). Just a bump in camera or CPU performance isn't going to be enough to get me to upgrade this time around so I will probably be waiting and hoping for 5G in 2020 or even 2021.

Benhamdoun

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2019
That's a helluva bump by anyone's standards and couldn't be uglier. Has Ives had an undiagnosed stroke or something?

novakk86

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2018
All of the reviewers keep saying that the Pixel 2 and Pixel 3 from Google take the best photos. Both are single camera equipped but the special sauce is in the image processing.

To me just adding more and more cameras to the phone is a brute force approach to try and create better photos when the smarter way is with engineering effort on the image processor and associated software.

But I'm just going by the reviews, I own neither an iPhone X/XS or a Pixel.
More cameras can mean more focal points

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Introducing... iPhone XS MAX 2036!

JOKE.png

Reactions: mrex

Beldarr

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2015
Is apple making phones or cameras? It seems the newest updates over the last few years is mostly camera. Maybe a name change to Kodak would be fitting.

nexusrule

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
I think the rendering skews the perception of how it would look in real life. If I look at my iPhone X and imagine how the camera system would appear, the result seem definitely more pleasant than the actual one, smaller because way less tall and more contained and balanced, perhaps because of the square shape. But in the rendering it looks like ****.
[doublepost=1552669193][/doublepost]
Is apple making phones or cameras? It seems the newest updates over the last few years is mostly camera. Maybe a name change to Kodak would be fitting.

Well, the camera is one of the top most used feature for the general population, it's also often used or essential in social networks and messaging, the are probably 90% of what 90% of people do with their smartphones. That's why it gets a lot of attention.

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
I dont need a Triple Lense Camera System! I need a phone that takes good pictures - one camera is completely enough for this task, but you need AI knowledge for this, and as we all know, Apple is in the stone age - AI wise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.