Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
No Blue colour again 🙄 i think it will be exclusive online like 22U
The rumored exclusive colors include blue and red. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I'm okay with pink and off white. But I think this isn't their best year for colors. I'm not excited, put it that way.

Edit: according to the 9 to 5 article:

"Samsung is also expected to offer several other colors including Gray, Light Blue, Light Green, Red, Beige, Black, Green, and Light Pink as Ross Young claims."

Wait, how is Light Pink different from Misty Lilac? To me, Misty Lilac IS light pink. Oh well, as a former tomboy, I can't claim to ever have had a good grasp of why colors have the crazy names they get assigned.

Second edit:. Looking at that list I think Ross young was calling them like he saw them a s Misty Lilac is indeed the light pink and beige is the Cotton Linen or whatever it's called. And what I call off-white.

Last edited:
Reactions: Healer Flame

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I love that there is no massive camera bump. It's really hard to keep the glass of the 14 Pro Max bump clean. I'm fastidious and even I can't do it. I keep a little polishing cloth with me. I even vacuum the lint out of my pockets and purse pocket regularly. I wash my hands a bit too often, as someone who tends to pets and who handles food. Yet every time I look at my iphone it looks messy. A mix of greasy fingerprints and lint. Eww.

My S22 Ultra always looks pristine. I love the aesthetic!

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I love that there is no massive camera bump. It's really hard to keep the glass of the 14 Pro Max bump clean. I'm fastidious and even I can't do it. I keep a little polishing cloth with me. I even vacuum the lint out of my pockets and purse pocket regularly. I wash my hands a bit too often, as someone who tends to pets and who handles food. Yet every time I look at my iphone it looks messy. A mix of greasy fingerprints and lint. Eww.

My S22 Ultra always looks pristine. I love the aesthetic!
Most camera modules stick out a bit but the iPhone's cameras stick out just a bit too much these days for my liking.

Reactions: 5105973

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Does anyone think Samsung will make it worth it to upgrade from the S22 Ultra to the 23 Ultra?

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Does anyone think Samsung will make it worth it to upgrade from the S22 Ultra to the 23 Ultra?
It all depends how much you paid for the S22 Ultra. I mean we all know Samsung throws some enticing trade-in deals. I'm sure we'll see $950 to $1,000 trade-in on top of the $100 store credit. I think for early reservations and whatever else they add to the pre-order deals...

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
It all depends how much you paid for the S22 Ultra. I mean we all know Samsung throws some enticing trade-in deals. I'm sure we'll see $950 to $1,000 trade-in on top of the $100 store credit. I think for early reservations and whatever else they add to the pre-order deals...
I’m not in the US (I’m from the UK) so we don’t get the store credit option to register. I got a discount from my work when I brought my S22 Ultra, but i pre-ordered after the event last year.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
If i had Exynos s22U oh yes its worth it if 23u is going to SD

If they keep prices the same and offer around £500-£600 for my S22 Ultra on trade in, i probably will upgrade. But there have been rumours of a price hike.

With the S23 Ultra going to Snapdragon (as rumoured) will it be a big jump in battery life from the Exynos 22 Ultra?

I got my S22 Ultra with a good deal to be fair, there was also 12 month of Disney Plus thrown in AND a free pair of the Buds Pro.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I’m not in the US (I’m from the UK) so we don’t get the store credit option to register. I got a discount from my work when I brought my S22 Ultra, but i pre-ordered after the event last year.
Ah I see and I would definitely move to S23 for the chip

Reactions: Dave245

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
All depends on the price increase and what trade in you can get. If you only need to pay say 400 odd than I would say yes as SD gen 2 is supposed to be great.

I will be pre-ordering but I’m not likely to keep it.

Reactions: Dave245

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Galaxy S23 Stock Wallpapers

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_144904_150.jpg
    IMG_20230114_144904_150.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230114_144903_571.jpg
    IMG_20230114_144903_571.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230114_144903_832.jpg
    IMG_20230114_144903_832.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20230114_144903_805.jpg
    IMG_20230114_144903_805.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I do keep my fingers crossed for camera improvements. I can definitely get shots not possible with my iphones, not even my 14 Pro Max. But I have to be practiced at quickly manipulating some manual controls and I have noticed today some "shutter lag" that made me nervous I would miss capturing the exact moment and facial expressions I was trying to get. Fortunately I got them. I don't know how but I got them!

I'm talking about my attempts to get medium to bright light indoor shots of people and cats on my S22 Ultra. Window lighting only.

Brightly lit outdoor photos are generally always easy and good.

iOS bugs aside, and my health struggles with iphone pwm aside, I'm pretty pleased with my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I've got the 1 TB model and feeling ridiculously happy about that, though really there's no logical reason to, since I'm not constantly shooting pro Raw or prosumer level videos. It's just a weird idiosyncrasy of mine to think "1 TB, ooooooo😯"

I've got a color I adore, the deep purple. So I'm looking at my 14 Pro Max and thinking there's actually a possibility I'll keep it another year. I'm really considering it. It's refined, in my opinion, to where I want it to be. I'm thinking of not risking the jump to iphone 15 and a new paradigm with possibly new periscope lenses. Apple isn't as flawless as I once sheeply considered them and I am not eager to jump to a new design and wait for them to possibly need to work the kinks out. There's a lot to evaluate when we get closer to that decision.

Meanwhile with the Samsung situation, I am close to contenment with the s22 Ultra but not quite. I am hoping the S23 Ultra will be the refinement of this device that I do like so much...just not quite.

I'm looking forward to better low light photography, better power efficiency, and a slightly flatter display. I'd love to see the shutter lag issue finally addressed but I'm not holding my breath on that. :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to pick my favorite leaked color. I think it's Lilac. I also saw one s23 in blue that looked gorgeous. That is probably one of the exclusive colors. If it's available in the specs I want I may go for blue. I'm not sure. It's fun to anticipate!

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2016
England
I always go for the samsung every year but also get the latest iPhone. My Samsung just ends up collecting dust as my family mainly use iPhone.

But Samsung is the best imo and Android offers so many better features. I also think the S22 Ultra camera is way better than the iPhone this year. Really not liking the iPhone camera this year especially the very low focal distance before it switches to the hideous macro.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I always go for the samsung every year but also get the latest iPhone. My Samsung just ends up collecting dust as my family mainly use iPhone.

But Samsung is the best imo and Android offers so many better features. I also think the S22 Ultra camera is way better than the iPhone this year. Really not liking the iPhone camera this year especially the very low focal distance before it switches to the hideous macro.
My friends and family also use iphones. There used to be stretches where my Samsung phone would gather dust a bit but I am physically unable to look at any iPhone display for very long without incurring a headache and other neurological side effects. So I'm using both phones in tandem. I find some apps are better on iOS and some on Android.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2016
England
My friends and family also use iphones. There used to be stretches where my Samsung phone would gather dust a bit but I am physically unable to look at any iPhone display for very long without incurring a headache and other neurological side effects. So I'm using both phones in tandem. I find some apps are better on iOS and some on Android.
What baffles me is that some android apps and google apps work better on iOS. It is very silly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.