Samsung to Announce New Flagship Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Smartphones in February

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Mirice99 macrumors regular

Exactly! I love having the inferior sound of BT headphones, and its even better having to charge them every day while suffering audio delays while watching videos with constant drop outs.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 17, 2017 ---
    Every single release from IOS9 up has contained major crippling bugs, so no the OS experience is not even remotely "far better".

2. Phonephreak Suspended

Phonephreak

So you enjoy a smaller screen. I want the largest screen possible.

3. danny842003 macrumors 6502

danny842003

No just a full bezel (aka notch) across the top.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Most of your post is subjective; eg what is “good” and by whose measurement.

5. MH01 Suspended

MH01

On a "rumours" forum where people share opinions ? Subjective posts ..... Really ? Come on .

6. FFR macrumors 65816

FFR

I have both the 8 plus and the x.
    When playing movies and tv shows not much difference at all.

[​IMG]

7. I7guy macrumors G5

Right exactly, my point. On a "rumors" forum where people share opinions. It's perfectly fine too have two differing opinions, but you used an example of "good UX" as to imply IOS was good UX design. So I was just wondering....

8. MH01 Suspended

MH01

And you implied that come financials time, Critisim of any sort will be invalid if apple gets record profits. So what is your point with financials ? Cause you seem to use it to shut down opinions ? Touché mate. This game we play can be perceived as hypocrisy .

Happy to start over . How is financials valid ?

9. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors regular

H.E. Pennypacker

How hard is it to understand that the notch is needed for FaceID and it’s apples distinguishing look.
    who Still uses 3.5. Welcome to 2017.
    Bwhahaha. Android Software is king. Thanks for the good laugh. I needed that. Far less iPhone users “jailbreak” and those that do, do it because they refuse to go to the abomination of of android OS.

10. I7guy macrumors G5

I see what you did there..."criticism of any sort". Seems like that is used to shut down opposing opinions.

My point isn't implication. I am saying outright, that for-profit companies like apple, can have their overall health gauged by various financial indicators. I didn't say they were perfect. The praise and criticism that are heaped on apple are both subjective in nature and any two people may disagree with any praise or any criticism.

"Good UX" is not an end-point it's a process and all I was asking is by whose yardstick.

11. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Ever hear apple's slogan "it just works" ? So you think it was due to software or hardware ? Neither , it was great user experience design .

Google ux and apple , very quickly you will learn why Apple has been considered one of the best in that field, which has led to thier success .

Hint : the iPod was meh hardware, but damn. A useable MP3 player cause it was so easy for the user to interact with it .... yup Apple , got the user experience right .

12. I7guy macrumors G5

It just works is now a meme and had nothing to do with iphone originally.

13. MH01 Suspended

MH01

well let’s cut out losses here .

Love how you mentioned the iPhone , without understand the reason why it was such a huge success . Yeah just a meme, and nothing to do with the iPhone....

Have a good day

14. Sevanw macrumors 65816

Sevanw

Sorry, what exactly is that huge technical achievement?

15. I7guy macrumors G5

There is much written about face id. I clearly don't have to repeat all that is on the internet about that technology.
    I thought this is a thread about phones. Not UX design. But anyway, have a great day as well. :)

16. Gilligan's last elephant macrumors 6502

17. ovo6 macrumors 6502a

At your nearest store buy one get one free lmaoo

18. DeepIn2U macrumors 601

DeepIn2U

It's worked that way in 2017
    S8/S8+ sales through the roof, and with over 7mths lead on Apple.
    Note8 released prior to both iPhone 8/X release and hasn't hurt S8/S8+ sales

I'm just saying with just under 2 full months this year, and 2 months into 2018 sales for the X will be hurt, even if we just compare pricing on launch day for the S9 if it's cheaper at full retail by $150-200US trust me the carrier contractural pricing will also cause Apple to adjust the price. I know, a lot of Armchair-CEO guidance here yet the significant price difference (retail / contract) of the S8 vs iPhone 8 + X is significant (N. America).

19. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

What are you talking about? I’ve owned Android phones since 2009 and this is something you just made up. Android has improved by leaps and bounds over the years and is pretty darn rock solid and bug free these days. The only software that has improved more is the Samsung UE. If you compare the old Touchwiz from a few years ago to today’s Samsung UE the improvement made is astonishing.

I’m running iOS 11 on an iPad Air 2 and maybe iOS is getting so bloated that it’s becoming hard for an Air 2 to run it, but I can tell you Android 7.0 with the Samsung UE on top of it is buttery smooth and bug free compared to my current iOS experience.

20. H.E. Pennypacker, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017

H.E. Pennypacker macrumors regular

H.E. Pennypacker

Better sound quality from a phone? Please elaborate.

21. Gilligan's last elephant macrumors 6502

Bluetooth has a lower bandwidth than a wired connection and when using the likes of a Sony Xperia or an HTC10 with good quality headphones, it does matter.

22. FFR macrumors 65816

FFR

Sales through the roof, a bit of a hyperbole.

The s8 sales are not doing so well. The galaxy s6 sold 10 million units in its first month,the s7 between 7 million an 9.5 million on its first month
    The s8 barely broke 5 million.

Maybe you were being sarcastic?

Note 8 has only sold about a million units, again, not exactly through the roof, when the note 7 sold about 3 million units before it was recalled for combustion.

Compared to iPhone X, which sold 6 million units in Black Friday weekend alone, without any promotions.

“No iPhone X deals, no problem: Apple still sold 6 million last weekend”
    http://bgr.com/2017/11/28/black-friday-iphone-x-sales-discounts/

“Global shipments of Galaxy S6 series top 10 mln”
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/bus...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=238485056

Galaxy s7 sales
    https://www.gsmarena.com/the_samsun...0_million_units_moved_in_march-news-17610.php

Galaxy s8 sales
    http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-has-reportedly-sold-over-5-million-galaxy-s8-units-2539873

23. AZ63 macrumors 6502

AZ63

It was promoting their product in comparison to the iPhone. Sammy waterproof, Apple not. Sammy wireless charging, at the time, Apple not. Sammy headphone jack, Apple not - dongle hell. etc

24. Klyster, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017

Klyster macrumors 65816

Klyster

Note 8 had sold 1 million in South Korea as of last month.
    I'd imagine world wide sales would be more....
    https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/ne...1-million-units-in-south-korea-report-1770385

http://bgr.com/2017/08/03/samsung-galaxy-s8-sales-july-2017-20-million/

Your links are a little misleading ....
    Or did you mean within the first month?

25. Sevanw macrumors 65816

Sevanw

Sure ok. Lol