Several iPhone X Owners Encountering Green Line on Display Due to Potential Hardware Defect

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Mswift5 macrumors newbie

Mswift5

My iPhone X 64gb space gray just deployed the green line issue this morning.

2. Marconelly macrumors 6502

Marconelly

How long did you have it? I'm very worried that this issue can possibly manifest at any time, for seemingly no reason, and after the phone has been working perfectly for a very long time. I just found out a friend had the same problem, which has renewed my worry about this.

3. iamkorombo macrumors newbie

I am also one of those unlucky to get that green line. Bought the phone less than a week ago.

4. AngryAppleUser macrumors newbie

AngryAppleUser

--- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2018 ---
    If you purchase your Apple phone from a carrier such as AT&T or Sprint they will tell you that they can not replace it at the Apple store. They will tell you that you will have to get your phone replaced by the carrier you purchase it from. This is exactly what I am going through right now at this time. So this post is misleading and is giving out the wrong information.

5. Rubicon13 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2018 ---
    Green line...

Attached Files:

6. rayyy09 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Apr 20, 2018 ---
    --- Post Merged, Apr 20, 2018 ---
    Same thing happened to my iPhone I just got it about 2 days ago put tempered glass and a case on it then like 2 hours later I see a green line down the side

7. efichet macrumors newbie

Started happening after about 3 months of normal usage. Phone never dropped. The line only shows up on dark background or videos. Here is what it looks like.

Attached Files:

8. sage plumley macrumors newbie

Well I waited and got mine may 31 and it still has it.

9. Asm0d3ux macrumors newbie

I have also experienced the same. Bought my Ipx 4 months ago and a bright vertical green line appeared to be my screen that wont go no matter how many time I restart my phone. The phone was never been dropped nor spilled water on it. Luckily it's still under free warranty but very disappointing.

IMG_3653.JPG IMG_3654.JPG

10. spif91 macrumors newbie

spif91

After 10 months. Green line time. Got a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow....

Attached Files:

11. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

I just got the green line after 10 months. I've owned just about every single iPhone since the4 very first one, and this is the first time I've had an issue like this. They better swap it out for free (being that it's also the most expensive iPhone I've ever paid for!)

12. honglong1976 macrumors 65816

honglong1976

"Free green line with every iPhone X"
    Premium models only!

13. genshi, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018

genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

I guess I'm extra special because when I posted that yesterday, it was only one line... this morning, multiple lines and getting worse!

Verticle_Lines_iPhoneX.png

EDIT: The Apple Store swapped it out for a new iPhone since it's still under warranty. What I hadn't noticed until the Apple employee took my iPhone out of its case is, the screen was completely lifted off of the body of the iPhone! He said it was because the battery was failing and it had expanded (which is its safety feature.) Kind of ironic that, out of all of the iPhones that I've had, this is the first time I've ever used a case, which is why I hadn't noticed this "expansion" happening.

14. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

This just happened to me on the far right hand side while playing a video. I believe I got this phone in June or July of this year. Super frustrating.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

At least Apple fixes this stuff. Samsung refuses to fix the pink line on my Galaxy

16. john123 macrumors 68020

john123

On what grounds?

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You mean Samsung? At first they told me I caused it. Then when the warranty expired they told me they would have covered if it was under warranty... but now it's not so it's not their problem. I'm like "WTF!" I have a Galaxy S all the way to the S8, and Note 7. Honestly when it comes to service they are a bit behind Apple still. I've moved on. My new Android phones are all from Huawei.