Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
They dropped the slate because the anodized color was so dark that even the tiniest of scuff marks / dents would easily jump out to the naked eye. I do agree that it looked amazing on my iPhone 5 and original Mini! However, I did have to get a few replacements due to bright scuffs / dents that I wouldn't as easily spot on the colors available today.

Ok, that makes sense. I don't really have any scratches on my mini but I can see that happen, especially on the phone.
Hopefully, we will get a black model when they switch back to glass for the 2017 iPhone then.

PalmiNio

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
2016%2F05%2F30%2F44%2FASUS_ZenBook_3.ec6ff.jpg
Nice!

The Asus Zenbook 3 in "Royal Blue" color was the best blue metal color ive seen. Combined with the gold lines it gives that luxery feeling.

Would love to se Apple adding that color!

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Now that's innovation, people.

Blue and Pink Phones.

Funny isn't it, how despite all efforts, such sexual stereotypical colors still exist today.
With those colors only chosen to drive sales for either sex.

Why not nice socially neutral colors on the high end products?
Greens, Yellows, Oranges etc?

All three of which, in the right "tone" can look amazing against Black.
Like high end super cards, with Black and Yellow, orange, green paintwork that really "pops"

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
I'm voting for Deep Zebra color.

But if they replace rose gold version with a nice red one that'd be awesome.

Reactions: akash.nu

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Don't care. I never buy black iPhone... All my iPhones, iPod and iPads are in either gold or silver. I hate Black phone because it shows finger print easily and o cannot handle this.
I don't like to go with the black one either. I think my last black iPhone was the 3GS.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I can't see Apple axing a standard business (and fashion) color. If they introduce dark blue it will be in addition to, not a replacement. They've done garish, so now they will give people that prefer something different but still subdued. Also the face will not be white.

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
Please, just make more colors with a BLACK front. So much nicer than the white.

The gold would look great with a black front. Or pure red... anything for variety from the old gray.

Because I will not get a sun-glaring white faceplate that makes all the sensor holes look like missing screws....

Black front with Silver would be my go to if it were available.

neilhu

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2011
Who cares about a different color?
Apple cares more about comestics than substance....

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I can't see Apple axing a standard business (and fashion) color. If they introduce dark blue it will be in addition to, not a replacement. They've done garish, so now they will give people that prefer something different but still subdued. Also the face will not be white.
You can never say anything with Apple.

lw9090

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
This rumor is probably to see if Samsung and Huawei will release one before Apple has a chance to, then apple says gotcha!

Reactions: bobob

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
Once again, while competition take their eye off the ball and fit Bluetooth 5 to stuff. Apple know what the public really want. Deep Blue. And by golly they're so crazy and forward thinking they'll jolly well go and do it despite the cynicism. Think different!

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I would prefer a deep blue to the gold or pink (ok, 'rose gold'), but I wouldn't buy it.

I don't see them dropping a black+grey/silver model of some description though... that would be incredibly foolish.

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
True, but it makes zero business sense to axe black/gray. If Apple wants to see sales really plummet then it should do that.
Don't forget apple was the first to axe dvd drives, Ethernet ports and everyone said it was madness.

Not to mention they've never had a memory card solution on iPhones which was an absolute must back in the days. It never hampered their sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.