Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiiim

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2005
I'm pretty certain that during at least Monday, the Apple Store's banner ad stated, "pre-order for Delivery August 28, 2009"

yeah it did for US orders, i'm guessing now they gone past that point.

But still doesnt change the international situation. ;)

ravensfan55

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
I spoke with an Apple chat rep who said that "no Snow Leopard orders have been shipped yet". I asked him if he was referring to UTD or all orders, he said all orders.

i51330

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2009
Dallas, TX
i placed my order from Apple.com last night and it has shipped but usps doesnt show any useful information. i hope to have my friday :)

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
Prepared for shipment :)

I saw the stuff on their website about needing to have a signature, but you can login to your Apple account once the tracking # is up there and should be a link to "pre-sign" for the shipment.

Can't wait :)

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
Prepared for shipment on mine.

For those of you with an iPhone, there is a version of Delivery Status for it, although no push notifications yet (now that would rock).

mat25

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2008
I order from the Canadian apple store (online), and it says prepared for shipment, but it also says ships by august 28th not delivered by august 28th. I ordered mine on Monday, is anyone else seeing somthing similar? (if you ordered from the canadian store) Also do you think I will get SL on Friday? Thanks

s_gelboy

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2005
I order from the Canadian apple store (online), and it says prepared for shipment, but it also says ships by august 28th not delivered by august 28th. I ordered mine on Monday, is anyone else seeing somthing similar? (if you ordered from the canadian store) Also do you think I will get SL on Friday? Thanks

Ordered mine as well on the Canadian Store... Hope to receive it on Friday. It was the case when I ordered Leopard two years ago, received it same day as release. For now, on "prepared for shipment"

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Snow Leopard - Order shipped! (uk)

Order Shipped

Dear yetanotherdave

We are pleased to advise you that your Apple Store order W*******has been dispatched by mail and will be delivered to your shipping address.

The expected postal time for your order is 3 business days. This is an estimated lead time only and may vary slightly. As your order is being delivered by post there is no tracking available.

Please allow 3-4 days to receive your Invoice. Please note, your Invoice will be sent to you by e-mail and is not included with your delivery.

Woo! Yay! But 3-4 days? In theory royal mail should have it to me on Friday, as post is usually next day, I guess apple are covering themselves, at least I hope so!

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Mine shipped

Attachments

• Picture 1 02-18-04.png
    Picture 1 02-18-04.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 68

ravensfan55

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
Anyone from the States have their orders shipped yet? Peeps on Twitter are starting to report that it's shipping.

Since it's almost 7PM in California, I'm guessing any picked up shipments are now being scanned in at the FedEx facility near Cupertino.

MKCLLNS

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
UK user - still prepared for shipment. - According to US store - UK store isn't so good to tell the news.

Although Amazon have dropped their prices! ...$5 in the US - but only £1 in the UK - seriously?? a pound....with exchange rates taken into account UK users are already spending a fair bit more before the reductions.

Fingers crossed for friday delivery...first time ordered something for release date for apple...lets hope the experience is a good one.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
UK user here, my order shipped today (up-to-date SL) Should have it on friday wooooot:D

theqwertyblog

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
Hi. I ordered mac os x snow leopard earlier on today. It said in an email from apple tht if I ordered before 11:59 tonight it would be at my door on the 28th. Now on my order page it is sayig 3-5 days for shipping. When will it come now? And if apple said it would be here the 28th it's not fair that now it won't be. Please help.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Woo! Yay! But 3-4 days? In theory royal mail should have it to me on Friday, as post is usually next day, I guess apple are covering themselves, at least I hope so!

If its posted by first class, which I suspect it may be, then you may even get it as early as tomorrow morning.

MKCLLNS

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
when did you order it? and is it and UTD disc or an upgrade disc?

im getting the £25 disc and order monday 24th.....still prepared for shipment :/

but well done (i suppose) hope you get it friday then.

theqwertyblog

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
Shipping times lie?

Hi. I ordered mac os x snow leopard earlier on today. It said in an email from apple tht if I ordered before 11:59 tonight it would be at my door on the 28th. Now on my order page it is sayig 3-5 days for shipping. When will it come now? And if apple said it would be here the 28th it's not fair that now it won't be. Please help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.