Space Black owners thread.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Pug72, May 17, 2015.

1. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The Apple OEM stainless steel link bracelets have ingenuity and simplicity with the individual link removals. I really like these bands and I think they're extremely clever, however; I do warn you to watch for counterfeits on eBay and make sure you look for pictures on the band where the clasp for identifiers.

2. Nisaja macrumors 6502

I have a black Milanese loop on my Space Black. Looks very modern

3. Nisaja macrumors 6502

Yep that’s totally normal. I had some pics I took from an iPhone with the flash on. I’ll try to find them for you. Mines exactly the same color. Don’t worry about it

4. gagatronics macrumors newbie

gagatronics

Hi all! I’m thinking of getting my husband series 3 SBSS but can’t decide between black sports band or black milanese. This will be his first AW and will probably only use this for gym or anything casual. Appreciate any inputs. Thanks

5. TonyPC macrumors newbie

I wear Milanese for work and black sports loop for gym. Classy for work - athletic looking for gym. Works awesome.

6. jonstatt1 macrumors regular

So do I. But as mentioned elsewhere you have to be VERY careful handling this combination. If the strap even just brushes over the screen or the sensor section under the watch it will scratch it. Somehow Apple's DLC really is harder than the Sapphire screen and will scratch it easily. Furthermore if there is enough pressure of the strap against the side of the watch, it will scratch the side of the watch body as well!

7. Nisaja macrumors 6502

I have pasted a clear sticker over the rear sensors, cut in the shape of a heart. That way it doesn’t get scratched.

8. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

This is what I ordered on my Series 3, but man does that loop pull on arm hair. I've since changed out for a link bracelet and have been very pleased.

9. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

10. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

In my experience most of the knock off ones on Amazon tend to be pretty hard to tell apart from the original. Not much reason to pay Apple hundreds for some of these bands. In fact, the fake Milanese loops are even better than the official ones because I've noticed the magnets are stronger. The official Apple loop loosens up constantly on my arm throughout the day.

11. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Exact same combo here.

Looking for a brown leather band to pair with black lugs and leaning toward the Nomad modern buckle which looks great with the SBSS.

No scratches so far and the Milanese is very light and comfy during the work day.

12. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Anybody else hunting down a series 3 LTE Space Black and finding it impossible to find?

13. HeadphoneAddict macrumors regular

HeadphoneAddict

That sucks. I got mine on day one 9/22/17, and my local Apple the store had a few available for walk-ins as well. But I haven't checked the supply since that day, when I was checking into it for my son.

We're a big hand me down family. Instead of my son buying a new S3 LTE Space Black that was in stock, he traded for my 4 month old Series 2 GPS SB, and gave me his 4 month old AppleCare+ replacement Series 1 SB + $160. I'm now giving the S1 to my daughter this weekend in trade for her FitBit Charge HR that we're giving to my other daughter.

14. loplop macrumors newbie

I concur. I've had my SB SS/Milanese for only two days, and the ceramic back (between the HR sensors) already has fine scratches on it. I have been careful to never lay the watch down on the band (always lay the watch on it's side) yet they're already there. Oh, well...

Otherwise, it looks fantastic with the SB SS. I particularly like how the combo catches different light temperatures differently. It's really nice. There's some depth to the SB SS that I didn't anticipate.

One thing I'm not thrilled about with my SB SS is the weight. It has much more "presence" on the wrist, and makes itself known a lot when I'm cycling (which I do 2x or more a day, as I commute on a bicycle). I have been wearing a S0 Alu AW Sport for a few years, and I'm really surprised at the difference in feel--the Alu S0 disappeared on the wrist, the SB SS S3 does not. When cycling, the weight of the SS causes it to flop around and make itself known. I'm not sure I like that, as I've been accustomed to the lightweight Alu. At work, though, that's not a problem, and perhaps I'll become re-accustomed to the satisfying weightiness on the wrist.

15. Sigp232 macrumors member

Sigp232

Target website just ordered mine had 3 inventory and were gone in 2 minutes always keep on checking took me a week watching there website but finally got one. Late at night or early morning best time to check I’ve heard. Got lucky when I checked half hour ago for the heck of it and were in stock, briefly.

16. andrewface, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

andrewface macrumors 6502

andrewface

I've joined the club. Upgraded from sport series 1 to SS series 2 with Milanese loop:

[​IMG]

17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

is anyone else constantly polishing their watch? If so what are you using? I'm currently just using a microfiber cloth?

18. HeathH macrumors regular

Yup. I wear my S0 everyday all day. I tend to use microfiber and wet lens cleaners.

19. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I just checked a wide search on Bestbuy.com and found one in stock 15 miles from where I will be tomorrow, talk about lucky! So I just purchased for pickup.....hoping there won't be any problems. Hopefully I'll be posting photos, really looking forward to the speed bump and ability to be away from my phone periodically.

20. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I remember when third party link bracelet started to come out. And then some of the reviews were stating how good the quality really was. So I think if somebody really wanted to have one the link bracelets with removable links, there a good value for what you're receiving.

21. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Ordered a Nike series 3 for in store pick up at Best Buy yesterday. When I went to pick up my order, I saw they had a 42mm space black in stock! So I exchanged it out right away!

22. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I have one on the marketplace for 2 weeks.

Minimal interest if any at all.

You may not be able to see that forum though.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    Usually my tie :)

23. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I hadn’t seen that Cnasty, I was looking for the one with Sports Band though, really nice what you are doing for fellow members.

I was counting solely on istocknow and Apple stores for stock, I randomly gave a try for Target, Best Buy and Macy’s, but thought Apple would favor their own stores first.

I couldn’t believe last night when I saw 1 available, I ordered it through Best Buy Mobile in Neshaminy Mall in PA. Got the confirmation, and the status wasn’t moving off processing. After my work appointment at 1, I still did not receive my ready for pickup. So I called that store which kept forwarding me to their main store. The most ridiculous thing was they could not get a status update internally, and could not contact the store. They said there was none in stock and 1 reserved but couldn’t confirm if that was mine. I got an email a minute after that call showing the item I ordered was out of stock.

I was not happy, but I did another quick search before I took off and found the Best Buy Mobile in the mall 10 minutes from my house had it in stock. I ordered it for pickup, called the store right away to confirm it was in stock as the site stated. I got forwarded to the main store here too. They gave me the direct number to the mobile store. The manager there saw the order I made, put me on hold, went to the back and told me I was in luck, their UPS delivery came 10 minutes ago, they have it, and he made sure to complete my order for pickup so it was ready for me.

Just picked it up....

[​IMG]

24. HeathH macrumors regular

What band is that?

25. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

The original Stainless Steel DLC Link band from my series 0