Space grey Apple Watch & nylon straps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Kinger61, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Kinger61 macrumors newbie

was in the Apple Store and they didn't have any stock to show me the new nylon bands on the actual space grey watch! I was interested in royal blue nylon but they paired it with Rose gold sport watch so unsure! Anyone get nylon with the space grey watch? Just looking idea to see what's nice combination!

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

See if this helps - all of the watches with all of the bands >>> click here

3. robertpatryk macrumors member

4. Kinger61 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

I have a Royal Blue coming end of week, will let you know my thoughts on it paired with a Space Gray 42mm...

6. Kinger61 thread starter macrumors newbie

A photo of it on the space grey would be great too! Would be much appreciated ! :) cheers

7. wuman82 macrumors newbie

image.jpeg image.jpeg

8. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Very nice, was thinking about that same combo. I also think the Pearl would look good. How does it compare to the sport band as a daily band?

Side note - how do you like having the Digital Crown on the other side?

9. Kinger61 thread starter macrumors newbie

The pearl does look good on it! I have seen that combo in person! I just have a similar colour strap already!

Does anyone have the scuba blue band on the space grey??

10. wuman82 macrumors newbie

The nylon band is lighter than the sports band, so with the nylon band on I sometimes don't feel the band. Also with the sports band I couldn't get a fit that I liked, it was either too tight or too loose for my liking. With the nylon I feel like I can get a perfect fit where I don't feel like the band is squeezing me.

I've gotten used to the crown in the other side, I had to do it out of necessity because when I work out my wrist bending were setting off Siri. Once I've gotten used to the crown on the left side it's no different.

11. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

Quick pic! I actually like it a lot with Space Gray! Image1460161487.651423.jpg

12. lsquare macrumors 6502

Is the nylon band waterproof? I'm seriously leaning on the space grey watch and black nylon strap rather than with the black rubber strap. Are there any advantages with the rubber strap?

13. wuman82 macrumors newbie

The nylon band is waterproof in the sense that it's fine to get it wet. It's not water repellent, in fact it soaks up water. But that's what makes it more comfortable than the rubber straps. The rubber straps are water repellent, so that if you get water or sweat between your wrist and the band it just sits there and making you uncomfortable. The nylon band will actually soak up the water and keep your skin dry. The nylon band will dry very quickly too.

14. Samh92 macrumors regular

Samh92

S4, you get my approval sir :cool: