Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
felt long at the 30 second mark, interminable after 2 minutes. no wheelchair athletes? every other pc box checked--how boring is our inclusive culture

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
You ought to look up what went on with Sonic Runners especially. That devolved into such a disaster that it ultimately killed the game. It will definitely explain why some of us are very gun shy about buying derivative titles like SMR.

Well I mean, to be fair that's Sega. Sega are the masters of the ****up.

shaun3000

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2006
The in-app purchase appears to link to your Nintendo account that you set up at the start. My theory is that anyone using that Nintendo account and the same Apple ID should be able to hit "restore purchase" and play, but I haven't had a chance to test that theory just yet.
It’s linked to the My Nintendo account, the Apple ID doesn’t matter. I just put it on both of my kids’ iPads using my Nintendo account. they have a different Apple ID than I do.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Played the game for 5 minutes....its horrible. You have no control over the moment other than jumping. Already deleted it after 3 levels. What a waste! I was so excited about it

That's what makes it fun. You have to time it well to get the coins. It can also be played with one hand, which is useful especially when playing it on a larger phone.

If I want a complete platformer I'll just play on my 3DS. This is a pick-me-up, and it's well done. You know, classic Nintendo standards.

airwalk331

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2012
I've been dying for a good iOS game and I was all set to buy this one sight unseen on launch day. But the news of that always-on internet connection thing... It's gotten to the point where it's easier to pirate games than to buy them, because when you pirate them you don't have to deal with BS DRM like this!

How do you pirate a free iOS game?

kcamfork

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
How long has this been in development? The first two things I see:
  • A help menu (that I accidentally tapped) where they ask if you want a 'customer service inquiry' - should obviously be 'enquiry'.
  • The worse ever country picker that doesn't use the standard iOS rubber banding/momentum, which should be totally unnecessary anyway given the regionality of the App Store.
Deleted. Was going to pay the unlock fee and give it a shot but nah.

Macrumors readers really are pathetic entitlists. You go continue to play your standard crappy iOS games loaded with micro transactions. I'll play a game I paid one small fee for (yes, $9.99 is small compared to a new 3DS game which would be $39.99), made by a quality game developer.

Your loss.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007

Attachments

• IMG_5305.PNG
    IMG_5305.PNG
    219.9 KB · Views: 169

pers0n

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2014
Might be wrong, but I feel like they made this an IAP so you cannot transfer a purchase to your family accounts.

I thought apple had something called family sharing that would let you share apps to about 5 people. I dont buy games but thought it worked for all apps

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Your complaints are petty.
This issues I raised would not have been left unchanged by someone who have a **** about user experience.

As a Canadian I shall boycott everything that spells it "color" instead of "colour". Some things should just not be tolerated!

/s
Did I call for a boycott? Small issues are issues and speak volumes about who made the product. When does an issue become important enough to care about then?

I must remember that issues are only worth mentioning when they're boycott worthy, mustn't I.
/s

mthomas184

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2016
Cupertino
How long has this been in development? The first two things I see:
  • A help menu (that I accidentally tapped) where they ask if you want a 'customer service inquiry' - should obviously be 'enquiry'.
  • The worse ever country picker that doesn't use the standard iOS rubber banding/momentum, which should be totally unnecessary anyway given the regionality of the App Store.
Deleted. Was going to pay the unlock fee and give it a shot but nah.

Oh no! You had to scroll to your country and it had a different feel to it!? Stop the press and notify Nintendo that Brookzy doesn't approve! o_O

....... And it's inquiry.

Reactions: Essaux

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
Am I the only one for whom this game has no sound?

I read through all the comments looking for this. I'm trying to play on my iPad Pro and I also have no sound. I turned sound on in the menu of the game and checked iOS sound settings. Everything is on but I get no sound.

Anyone else?

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Macrumors readers really are pathetic entitlists. You go continue to play your standard crappy iOS games loaded with micro transactions. I'll play a game I paid one small fee for (yes, $9.99 is small compared to a new 3DS game which would be $39.99), made by a quality game developer.

Your loss.
Pathetic entitlist? You mean someone who cares about the brand and user experience. A 'quality game developer' wouldn't have included that horrendous scroll menu.

Oh no! You had to scroll to your country and it had a different feel to it!? Stop the press and notify Nintendo that Brookzy doesn't approve! o_O

....... And it's inquiry.
British English is a thing, and it isn't inquiry here. Every other app I have used manages to localise properly.

Reactions: AppleWes

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I read through all the comments looking for this. I'm trying to play on my iPad Pro and I also have no sound. I turned sound on in the menu of the game and checked iOS sound settings. Everything is on but I get no sound.

Anyone else?

I got sound on my iPhone 6s+ but I had to flip the mute switch off.

Reactions: s0nicpr0s

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
This not something Apple or Nintendo should be proud of. Its a joke.

Not being able to stop, go back, and hit or grab something you missed is completely counter to the Mario experience.
Pathetic entitlist! Pathetic entitlist! /s

(Your 'cool story' comment was a bit mean, by the way. :()

Reactions: bchreng

Speechless

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2015
Non-gentrified Brooklyn.
I'm sure I'm already the 100th person to say this, but this is seriously cool and fun! Brings me back to my Nintendo 64 days. This is some serious retro fun.

I'm really digging this!
I have lots of iOS games and this one is absolutely fun and nostalgic. These pink/purple/green coins are absolutely brutal and i'm only one level 1. Can't wait to see what more they add.

Reactions: ErikGrim
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.