Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 206 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 222 42.5%
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Votes: 94 18.0%

• Total voters

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
My Note 10 solution is more elegant but I am pleased with how Apple implemented its arrangement. I was afraid it was going to be the black void depicted by some renders and instead this looks a bit like some old school box cameras. A bit.

And I think that spider is adorable. And I am terrified of spiders.

Reactions: CrazyForCashews

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
iPhone 11 pro, in comparison to all other iPhones, looks like a village idiot.
[doublepost=1568203739][/doublepost]
You do know this is Apple we're talking about? Samsung, LG, Huawei they could all get a pass with design like this. But not Apple, which was ALWAYS about design first, and funcionality later. Dont try to defend this monstrosity with "it'll take great pictures!". The only thing that matters at Apple is "Damn that looks nice!"
[doublepost=1568203896][/doublepost]
What? You serious? better than 2G or 3G? 2G was a leap forwards back then when it came to phone design, 3G sure was plasticy at the back, yet it was still elegant and nice to look at.

It does look nice. Looks to be the best quality screen on a smartphone. Maybe cameras as well. They’re second to none with amount of camera apps. That’s impressive design.

But nope here comes a few burger flippers wondering why so many cameras. Why can’t they be flush? So stupid on so many levels. These are the non techies you ignore.

Reactions: aFlockaCgulz

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2017
It does look nice. Looks to be the best quality screen on a smartphone. Maybe cameras as well. They’re second to none with amount of camera apps. That’s impressive design.

But nope here comes a few burger flippers wondering why so many cameras. Why can’t they be flush? So stupid on so many levels. These are the non techies you ignore.
Sorry, but impressive design is this:
YZcFJLWfDfaYgwxXcNo6Jc-1200-80.jpg

Reactions: iSilas and Smartass

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
574019-triple-camera-setup.jpg

I don't get worked up over camera bumps and things like that. I also don't care about the lens placement. But, where I take issue is that while the square is part of the overall one-piece glass back, they chose not to give it the same matte finish as the rest of the phone. So instead, it looks like a piece of transparent plastic over a non-matte glass back. I try, but I cannot un-see it. I suppose a case would help offset this but for those who forego using a case I find it personally to be a questionable design choice. If that is the answer to "color-matched", I likely would have preferred to just have an all black square as opposed to this.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
View attachment 857289

I don't get worked up over camera bumps and things like that. I also don't care about the lens placement. But, where I take issue is that while the square is part of the overall one-piece glass back, they chose not to give it the same matte finish as the rest of the phone. So instead, it looks like a piece of transparent plastic over a non-matte glass back. I try, but I cannot un-see it. I suppose a case would help offset this but for those who forego using a case I find it personally to be a questionable design choice. If that is the answer to "color-matched", I likely would have preferred to just have an all black square as opposed to this.
I need to see one in person. In some photos they look like they match.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F09%2Fiphone-11-pro-max-closer-look-apple-event-3.jpg

Does the iPhone 11 have a different back? Because with that phone the camera bump and back glass seem to match perfectly.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F09%2Fiphone-11-pro-max-closer-look-apple-event-2.jpg

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
An iPhone is a practicality device, not a piece of artwork that needs to be displayed on a wall for everybody to look at. No one cares what the back of an iPhone looks like, because it’s in a case anyways for the majority of customers. It’s really interesting to see how frantic others fret over the little things about how an iPhone looks, but everybody else in the real world just uses it as a tool every single day without issue.

You don't speak for everyone. I care what it looks like.

The back of the phone is hideous.

Furthermore, the hideous part, the camera bumps, are not concealed by cases, so slapping a case on it doesn't hide the ugliness.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012

My 11 Pro Max will be going into its case immediately out of the box along with a glass screen protector. If people see my new iPhone, they're not going to comment on the looks, they're going to ask me how the new camera is.
newsflash: Your case wont cover the hideous cameras, so people will still see that three-eyed monstrosity and ask you "ugh, is that the new iphone?"

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
What I want to know is why the need for the huge exteriors on the cameras?

Are these larger apertures compared to something like the Note 10 Plus? I just don't know why they need to be that large and obtrusive when others are implementing the "same" array without the bulk.

Is there a purpose around the design or just a way to differentiate from other handsets?

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I need to see one in person. In some photos they look like they match.

Does the iPhone 11 have a different back? Because with that phone the camera bump and back glass seem to match perfectly.

Where I really noticed it was while watching first-hand videos on YouTube. The iPhone 11 does have a different back in that it does not have the Matte finish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.