Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Is it AirPower which is on the horizon :D?

Maybe Apple fired all the car engineers because they are already finished with the perfect car. No more work to be done.

criticasm

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2017
I don't care about reality goggles & robotic cars. I'd like a MacBook without keyboard or screen cable issues thanks Timmy. And while you're at it, how about an iPad Pro that isn't a flimsy piece of $h1te. These are just a few of the problems Apple is having with it's products right now. A CEO talking of "the future" & not tackling the present is like Nero & his fiddle.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
That line only works once or twice.

Although I can understand why someone doesn’t want to hear the same thing over and over from Cook, but what would you expect him to say? He _should_ be positive and uplifting, and needs to let investors/customer base know that there is new technology in the works. What I like about Apple, is that sometimes they surprise us with things we never saw coming, and Apple is usually really unique about placing emphasis on making their products more memorable and special. That’s why I think they have such a strong following, because they are unique in what they do, even if it’s not on our timeline of when we want to see these changes.

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
He's been saying that since 2011. We've seen a watch. And a speaker that can't connect to anything. Bigger iPhones, smaller iPhones, bigger iPads, smaller iPads. All from a genius CEO who doesn't even know what a computer is.

For 7 years we've been hearing about all the amazing products in his pipeline. Where are the products, Timmy.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
You guys are so picky..

Tim is trying to change the world

Can't you just use Siri Dictation on your broken keyboard $4,000 MacBook Pro?
[doublepost=1551474342][/doublepost]
For 7 years we've been hearing about all the amazing products in his pipeline. Where are the products, Timmy.

Agreed - I think I'd like to smoke from whatever pipeline Tim is getting his pulls from..

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
I would be blown away if you could just produce an updated affordable desktop computer.

That has a computing power at least comparable to the the bargain basement machines from Dell and Lenovo today. Even the cheapest Dell makes Macs look anemic at 5-10 times the cost.
[doublepost=1551474446][/doublepost]
Agreed - I think I'd like to smoke from whatever pipeline Tim is getting his pulls from..

The smoke may be potent, but the pipeline is clogged.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
"More new iPad SKUs! Come 'n get 'em!"

5b6a0d658905f2346c8b4a47-750-563.jpg

BrooksA

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2014
Think he means this, which will be announced on Tuesday:

iPhone-SE2-render-Ben-Geskin-3D-CAD-2-680x450.jpg

Latest processor and camera on a par with Google's phone, using software to improve image quality. You can't see but there is a fingerprint reader under the screen, would have been so much better without the notch, but they are betting on facial gestures being central to iOS in the future.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Think he means this, which will be announced on Tuesday:

iPhone-SE2-render-Ben-Geskin-3D-CAD-2-680x450.jpg

Latest processor and camera on a par with Google's phone, using software to improve image quality. You can't see but there is a fingerprint reader under the screen, would have been so much better without the notch, but they are betting on facial gestures being central to iOS in the future.

Don't tease me like that please..
It hurts to have my heart toyed with like this...

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2010
"Apple's eventual goal is to be able reduce the price of the 2018 Retina MacBook Air". Hmm, I know, maybe they could reduce the price of the 2018 Retina MacBook Air. Problem solved. I am available if you need more bright ideas Apple.

Also they could actually include a quad core processor and slightly better graphics card like the Surface 2 laptop which has a similar sized frame.

Apple keep saying they want to make the best products possible and yet they don’t even use the best tech available to them at a given time.

The Macbook Air could of had a quad processor in it but Apple purposely gimp it so not to compete with their MacBook Pro line. That’s not making the best product possible.

The Cappy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2015
Dunwich Fish Market
Cook went on to say that Apple's eventual goal is to be able reduce the price of the 2018 Retina MacBook Air, which currently starts at $1,200. In reference to the Apple Watch and the AirPods, Cook said there's a "long, great roadmap" of "fantastic" products on the horizon.

While Cook did not go into more detail, rumors have suggested that AirPods coming in the near future will be available in new colors (black) and will have new functionality including "Hey Siri" support and the ability to be wirelessly charged.

Seriously? That was your example to follow up with "'fantastic' products on the horizon"? Or was that clumsy sarcasm on your part.

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Waiting for someone to comment that “AirPods coming in black isn’t new feature” so I can direct them to the iPad 2 introduction where Steve Jobs lister “comes in white” as a tent pole feature.

Reactions: neutrino23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.