Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Model are you getting?

• Total voters

drygioni

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2017
What's everyone doing for sleeves/cases for the 14 inch from UK sellers? I need a sleeve of some kind even just for carrying it around the house!

I've always had the Incase snap-on cases, and aside from the fact they're not shipping until early next year I'm a bit wary of putting one on my Space Grey 14, a lot of posts on this forum saying it scratches easily compared to standard silver.

Reactions: Roadster Lewis

Hendohimself

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
I’ve used one of these for my 13” MBP. It’s docked most of the time so this has just been for keeping it from scratches in my bag. Not sure if the new 14” will fit in it, but will look for something similar.

Inateck Laptop Sleeve Compatible with MacBook Air 13 2018-2020, MacBook Pro 13 2016-2020, MacBook Air/MacBook Pro M1 2020, Surface Pro X/7/6/5/4/3, iPad Pro 12.9 2020 - Dark Grey https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072K...abc_A6G05PCYZNJ1XAVCKZ5Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: drygioni

dogegg

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
What's everyone doing for sleeves/cases for the 14 inch from UK sellers? I need a sleeve of some kind even just for carrying it around the house!

I've always had the Incase snap-on cases, and aside from the fact they're not shipping until early next year I'm a bit wary of putting one on my Space Grey 14, a lot of posts on this forum saying it scratches easily compared to standard silver.
I’ve got an incase one on my current space grey 13” and no issues with scratching.

Was planning on getting the same for my new 16” but didn’t realise that deliver times were so long

earltedly

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2009
No tracking info at all since my BTO shipped last Wednesday. Still saying a delivery date of this Wednesday. No tracking info link and the despatch email just says ‘standard shipping’ and has what I think is a 10 digit DHL number. DHL doesn’t recognise it.

I’m assuming it’s on a big pallet making it’s way to the UK and it’ll only get scanned when it gets handed off for in country delivery Tuesday?

It’s a business order so I’m not sure if they handle them differently.

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
Interesting that DHL do Saturday delivery for some stuff, was really hoping to see mine tick over to out for delivery.
I’d happily pay extra for weekend slots like dpd do for pre 10:30

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
So after my unannounced failed delivery attempt yesterday by DHL, I had booked re delivery for the next available slot, which was Monday. So imagine my surprise at an SMS from DHL this morning saying that my Apple parcel is out for delivery today!!!
You love to see it

Reactions: JD2015

mctrials23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
It’s not uncommon for couriers to pull out all the stops for apple

Yep, UPS managed to get ones from the same plane mine was on to people in Scotland and delivered yesterday. Mine however managed to travel about 25 miles sideways in the 24 hours since it landed. Still about 3.5 hours away from me. :rolleyes:

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Bigup the Tamworth crew!!

giphy.gif

Our laptops are being walked to our doors

alexqndr

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
London

giphy.gif

I've just tried to call UPS to see if I can redirect the parcel to a collection point or get a week-end delivery.

When I asked to be connected with an operator, the answering machine hastily hung up on me. This after saying that nothing can be done to a parcel until the day before the planned delivery 😂

Truth is that they like those Macs so much that they want to keep them.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I've just tried to call UPS to see if I can redirect the parcel to a collection point or get a week-end delivery. When I asked to be connected with an operator. The answering machine hastily hung up on me, after saying that nothing can be done to a parcel until the day before the planned delivery

They are clueless, given the bull that came out of their twitter support folk, they don’t have a clue.

Pretty sure they made up that it was due to be delivered tomorrow because I’d said I was originally expecting it then.

Reactions: alexqndr

alexqndr

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
London
They are clueless, given the bull that came out of their twitter support folk, they don’t have a clue.

Pretty sure they made up that it was due to be delivered tomorrow because I’d said I was originally expecting it then.

Foolishly I used to think that UPS was a good delivery company. I am now set with DPD as my favourite.

Do you have a link or screenshot of that UPS support convo? Would be fun to read.

Reactions: Frostbear44

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Foolishly I used to think that UPS was a good delivery company. I am now set with DPD as my favourite.

Do you have a link or screenshot of that UPS support convo? Would be fun to read.
DPD is the best for accurate tracking and delivery - even on launch days. However, they can still be problematic albeit much less so than the others. I always prefer DPD.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012

giphy.gif

Disappointed it wasn’t delivered yesterday, but at least got my mother-in-law to pop over Monday and wait for delivery!! Think that’s worthy of a bottle of wine for her…

Reactions: Jinjin

mctrials23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Just seen this back in stock. Will be passing the apple store soon will check out the space grey and silver
I'm kind of tempted as 32GB ram might be overkill for me and I could pick up a 16GB model today but its only 2 more days now to wait.

Reactions: Jinjin

mctrials23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Watched a few comparisons last night and the base 14 did impressively.

Apart from the FOMO I don’t see how I’d tax 32core gpu.

The silver does look good too

The 32GB for me would purely be for VMs which I could probably get away with running on 16GB. I have no need for more GFX grunt. You going to pick one up?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
The 32GB for me would purely be for VMs which I could probably get away with running on 16GB. I have no need for more GFX grunt. You going to pick one up?

Getting close to doing so I think. I’ll have both in hand then Monday and can send one back.

Good watch this

Last edited:
Reactions: mctrials23

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Only worry is the 16gb ram but I’m not sure it’s a justified problem for me yet. Similar to you it’s about running containers which are a lot lighter than full blown vms.

The saving towards a good monitor is appealing too

NickCornu75

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
Same here mine has been stock at Castle Donington for 33h…
No update, still estimated delivery for 1st of November.

Attachments

• 19796095-C561-4984-9961-788FB2506741.png
    19796095-C561-4984-9961-788FB2506741.png
    386.9 KB · Views: 54
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.