Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Haha, not at all. I love my Collector's Edition UMB. :D I drove 2 hours each way to pick it up the day after it came out! It's a great machine. It's just something fun, because it's the only version of it, and lasted from October to June, or 7 months. Plus, it helps my self esteem and makes me feel special...:rolleyes:

Same here. I've owned it since day ONE it came out in Best Buy stores. That was a glorious day... The Apple rep in the store and a few other BB employees were all hanging out begging me to take it out of the box so they could look at it. I'm not gonna lie... I LOVED that :D

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
I think I'm the only one to have noticed your new location... xD

HAHA! Collectors Edition Cafe baby!!!!

I love how people try to chalk this up as "buyers remorse"!! HILARIOUS!!
I dont have a gram of buyers remorse in me right now so I dont know what they are all talking about!?

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK

I dont have a gram of buyers remorse in me right now so I dont know what they are all talking about!?

You do sound particularly sad ;) They probably think you're hiding your true feelings or something else just as silly.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

i bet you're just crying and hating your life right now.. darn MacBook!!

:rolleyes:

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008

Dude, you're taking this way too far, lmao...

Lay off the good stuff ;)

jmann

macrumors 604
I'll follow the herd. Especially since I have a "Collector's Item". ;)

sheep.jpg

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
Collector's Edition??? ...that's what she said!

I wouldn't mind an SD slot and FW port. Gees, I wish I was with you guys livin it up...:) But, I just see this year's keynote as one to remember as a disaster... :eek: and, not one to put such a name as Collector's Edition on my alu uni MB...

But, I mean, I'll go to the 'Collector's Edition Alu MacBook Only' Party when or wherever it is...since I have one :D Where's the party at? :cool::p:cool:

Who wants to trade me a new 13"MBP for a Collector's Edition Alu Uni MackBook :p:D:rolleyes:

CrackBookPro:cool:

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Well, I hope this doesn't sound stupid but now that the 13-inch Unibody MacBooks have become "MacBook Pros," this means that all of those (including myself) who bought the Unibody MacBook, now own the first and only Aluminum Unibody MacBook ever built.

It's funny now that I think about it. One day, people will look at my Unibody MacBook and wonder why it doesn't say "Pro" on it or where the SD card slot is or why the control and command keys look different or where the FW port is or why the lock slot is on the left side instead of the right side.
:apple:

Wise yourself up - in no way is the uMB a collectors edition.

Thousands were sold. That's like saying I bought a late 08' iMac and it's a collectors edition. No it's not.

Pro is the better model, face it. Where's your collection btw?

$ahil

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
can someone please explain this "better/new screen"?

and they made the batter non-removable? is that true? also are the new batteries on the 13" better than the macbook 13?

Sareth

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2009
I think everyone panicking is slightly unhinged. Once I've got a machine I stick with it till I need to replace it. Think about your macbooks feelings.

More seriously, all this wailing and gnashing of teeth is genuinely irritating as I have had a legitimate question I'd like answered buried in all these threads, I'm tempted to just pm the people in the thread and ask the question rather than bump it again.

antonioanmar

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
Albacete (Spain)
So, i think that we are lucky people, because we have bought a "Limited Edition" Macbook, only for sale aprox. seven mounths. It is much better that be owner of the "all the time the same look" White Macbook, which many people thought that will be out-of-sale very soon, and now is the ONE AND ONLY Macbook for sale.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ

Yeah, see, thats the thing though....no it's not! not even a little bit, oh im sorry it has an sd card slot. but its internals are exactly the same, same old core 2 duo, same nvidia, same standard ram, and a tiny little processor bump. NOTHING CHANGED, just the name. thats why im not upgrading now, im waiting for the i7 because this is just an idiotic name change.

PS my collection is in my basement

A

ahjjones

You guys are hilarious! Your MacBook isn't a collectors item it's a piece of outdated technology. Get a grip. :rolleyes:

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
You guys are hilarious! Your MacBook isn't a collectors item it's a piece of outdated technology. Get a grip. :rolleyes:
And so is everything. The Twentieth Anniversary Mac is also just a piece of outdated technology. And so are lots and lots of other things. May we not have some fun at least? Sure, there's a newer, better version of our machine out. That doesn't mean we don't still like ours very much, thank you.

:)

CoffeeWarrior

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009

It's mostly cosmetic changes and a extra 30 minutes of battery life. There is no new technology in the new 13 macbook pro.

The new screen would be nice but I rarely use my macbook from 90 degree angles, and if you need illuminated keys you are a really bad typist.

torbjoern

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
The Black Lodge
Battery supposedly lasts longer, as it's able to be larger by not requiring eject mechanisms and such. It's explained here.
Apple claims an increase of wattage-hours from 45 to 58. This is approximately 30 % higher than today's capacity. But on the contrary, you can no longer replace the battery yourself. I rest my case.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Wise yourself up - in no way is the uMB a collectors edition.

Thousands were sold. That's like saying I bought a late 08' iMac and it's a collectors edition. No it's not.

Some people really are lacking in humour. It's a joke guys, it helps some people who ARE (whether it's stupidly or not) upset about the change feel a bit better, and it's a bit of a laugh between friends on a forum... where's the harm?

You have TWO CEs? :eek:

I suspect he'll have an external monitor xD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.