Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CASEACE79

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2011
My local hub has hours of 3pm-6pm. Gonna call later today to see if I can come in the morning.

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks everyone for telling me to avoid the UPS Stores. I almost made a terrible mistake.

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I changed my shipment to pick up at my local UPS CC and it gave me a message stating that it will be available later today for pick up. Anyone else get this message?

Beechy

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Stoke, UK
Anyone know if this is available for UPS in the UK?

I just rang UPS UK and they confirmed that in the UK, you are only able to pick up from the depot after a first delivery attempt. Bummer, but oh well- i've waited this long, I can wait a little longer :)

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I'll be picking mine up tomorrow morning

ce244eb4e173d0dfe8ab65420e39ede4.jpg

macgeek01

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2013
I've for myself paranoid that I could end up with an issue because I selected hold for pickup before getting a shipping notice from Apple which I still haven't received.

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
Are there any risks in doing the pickup vs delivered? Is there a chance that pick up will get held and ends up slower than delivery?

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
I just requested a hold for pick up in SLC. I did via the online chat and my tracking info has been updated accordingly. Safer for me since I'm at work until 12:30PM and I live in an apt building. Very excited to say the least :) :D:cool: SG 42MM BSB

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
My ID has a very old address on it, would it be a problem?:(

YES! You need a valid government ID with same address as package.

----------

I just requested a hold for pick up in SLC. I did via the online chat and my tracking info has been updated accordingly. Safer for me since I'm at work until 12:30PM and I live in an apt building. Very excited to say the least :) :D:cool: SG 42MM BSB

I get off at lunch on Fridays, so I'm picking it up right after work. No point in waiting around all evening when the distribution center is 35 minutes away.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
When I click the 'Change Delivery' button on the tracking page, I get a modal saying "The Primary My Choice member for this residence must log in to take this action."

Is this due to someone else in my building already signing up for My Choice? Or because the tracking page still hasn't updated to 'Shipped' from 'Order Procesed'? (even though I got the 4/24 delivery email from Apple)

I got the same thing so I started a chat session. They said the package and my account had not yet combined or something similar. Anyhow, they made the change for me and verified the address of the center. Easy process that took about 5 minutes of my time.

Ctguy

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
hi guys, please help,
I dont see option for pick up in the ups app. the tracking details still show "order processed:Ready for ups".

gonzalo12345

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I'm a shift supervisor at UPS working in Operations. The guys and girls who load the trucks report to me. Here's a couple of pointers:

**If you have your tracking number, call UPS now or go to the website and have it held for pickup. I saw somewhere that someone is going to call in the morning and have it done. Guess what? We're there at 2am loading trucks, so even if they called at 6am, it's too late. We're usually done at 730 so putting it held for pickup that late means it's already on a truck and heading to your house. We'll hold it for you TOMORROW, but it's on the truck, so that means it's on the road.

**When you hold for pickup, as the package passes through the systems and multiple scans, it generates an exception that tells the package handler where to send it, in those cases HDL FOR PKUP, or just HLD. That means that it's being rerouted inside the building from where it was going (the truck that delivers to your house) to where you want it to go (the customer pickup counter). That's a physical process, and we make every attempt to get it to the counter by the door open time. It's not always successful because that depends on the load in the building at the time, staffing and how many other packages have to move to the counter too.

Get the UPS app for your phone and watch the packages scans and progress. Your golden ticket is when it says that it's held for pickup. It might not be at the counter at door opening time, but if it says that it's definitely in the building and we're working on it.

Hope that helps.

Do you know if I changed to be dropped off to a local UPS Store, will it be delay until Monday or should it be available to pick it up on Friday. I got a confirmation that said estimated pick up day "Monday 4/27" but the customer service person said it should be on the store "Friday the 24th morning". Just wanted to see if you knew about this. Thanks

plwebb

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2008
Oregon
How do I find out where the UPS hub is in my area? I don't know if it's in my town or a neighboring town. I'm relatively new to this area. Will it give me an address if I choose to Hold it?

locutusjay

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
I talked to the most worthless UPS agent over the phone. All I wanted to do was verify the UPS Hub that I go to every Apple launch will be the first place my package hits when it comes to my state. All she kept saying was "sir, I can't give you that information yet. Your package hasn't been picked up by UPS" why does my package have to be picked up to answer that general question? They should know what the hub is for my local area. I had to hang up on her she was being so argumentative. She better not eff up my order.

----------

If you're there first thing, there is no line. Maybe 2 people behind you.

I called and was told the same thing. I understand it though, because they don't know this is an Apple launch that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. They're just going on what's in the system and all it says is a label has been created but the package hasn't been picked up yet. I imagine they are trained not to give any promises especially if the package isn't in their possession. You'll get it though tomorrow ;)

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
I called UPS and they said they wont let me pick it up until they make at least 1 attempt. HELP! How do I do this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.