Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redknives

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Seattle, WA USA
Here it is...

Ordered May 12th. It's very pretty, but the "reed yellow" is a bit more yellow than I bargained for. Neither reed yellow nor coffee bean are currently listed on the Vaja site.

Attachments

• DSC00080.jpg
    DSC00080.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00078.jpg
    DSC00078.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00077.jpg
    DSC00077.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 69

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I really like the look of this case, but it's too bulky. Would be nice if the Agenda 2 came with the stripe and the same colour options as the Agenda 1.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I really like the look of this case, but it's too bulky. Would be nice if the Agenda 2 came with the stripe and the same colour options as the Agenda 1.

I agree that the Agenda 2 would be nice w ith a stripe and more color options.

As far as being bulky, I need to disagree. I think it is perfect. It seems to be much sleeker than the ones that have the leather edging on the front of the iPad covering the black portion of the screen.

I also like the slight girth this case adds over the Apple case. I am VERY pleased with my purchase. It works very well for my needs and meets all my standards for quality and function.

mosso2000

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
I agree that the Agenda 2 would be nice w ith a stripe and more color options.

As far as being bulky, I need to disagree. I think it is perfect. It seems to be much sleeker than the ones that have the leather edging on the front of the iPad covering the black portion of the screen.

I also like the slight girth this case adds over the Apple case. I am VERY pleased with my purchase. It works very well for my needs and meets all my standards for quality and function.

As asked above (or in another thread, I forgot), how well does it fit in your hand when you hold it as a book, not standing on a table? Does the front cover stay in place when at rear? Any pics?

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
As asked above (or in another thread, I forgot), how well does it fit in your hand when you hold it as a book, not standing on a table? Does the front cover stay in place when at rear? Any pics?

Because of the design and the way the front cover is attached, there is some movement where the front cover is slightly off center (sort of crooked) from the back when folded open.

I don't have any pics, but I think the thickness is perfect when holding it like a book. I have stood in many line with mine while reading books and feel it remains comfortable and manageable during the reading session.

Of course hand size and strength may come into play for some owners, but I am not having any issues with mine.

Hope that helped and answered your questions.

mosso2000

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
Because of the design and the way the front cover is attached, there is some movement where the front cover is slightly off center (sort of crooked) from the back when folded open.

I don't have any pics, but I think the thickness is perfect when holding it like a book. I have stood in many line with mine while reading books and feel i t remains comfortable and manageable during the reading session.

Of course hand size strength may come into play for some owners, but I am not having any issues with mine.

Hope that helped and answered your questions.

Yes it does, thank you very much! I wish they were still $200...

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Yes it does, thank you very much! I wish they were still $200...

I got lucky. I paid $224 shipped. I added the lazer engraved text on the inside and had a coupon.

I would love a second one in a medium/dark gray and black stripe combo, but they only have a lilac gray color, which appears to be too light for me.

I'm hoping they go down in price and more colors are available later this year or early next year. *fingers crossed* ;)

mosso2000

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
They have the agenda in black/black or black/red at cases.com for $299 which brings to the same price with voucher (google). But not the most exciting colours... Black/red is definitively nice but that was the colour of my previous iphone case! Would recommend anyway.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
They have the agenda in black/black or black/red at cases.com for $299 which brings to the same price with voucher (google). But not the most exciting colours... Black/red is definitively nice but that was the colour of my previous iphone case! Would recommend anyway.

I just received the black/black one and it is GREAT!!! I was looking for a professional looking case that had some style to it and this is it. :D

mosso2000

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
I just received the black/black one and it is GREAT!!! I was looking for a professional looking case that had some style to it and this is it. :D

Pictures please!!! :D
Can you see the two different types of leather though they are both black?

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Well I just reached out to Maria again. More then two weeks ago it was due in 10 days. Now they estimate another week.

This is getting old.... Whatever happen to under promise and over deliver??

mosso2000

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
Give me until later this evening to post pics. Yes, you can see, texture wise, the two different types of leather.

great thanks! Looking forward to see them (I guess it is part of your satisfaction to tease us too ;-) )

Where did you buy it, from cases or vaja? Could you describe your purchase experience?

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York

Thanks for pointing out that cases.com has Vaja in stock. I couldn't bring myself to paying $150 premium over the ivolution top for the Agenda where the only real difference is a cover with stands bult in, (but hey thats me) but I avoided the long wait and got the limited edition ivolution in black and red.

Oh, and if you go to retailmenot.com and look-up the cases.com store you'll find active 15% off coupons. For those that want the Agenda in the limited choices, it brings the price down to $254. Have to add shipping of course.

Ordered my ivolution this morning, got my fedex tracking 5 hours later.

TXCraig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Starting To Get Concerned.....

I have purchased 2 cases from these guys before and have loved them. I had no problem with paying the high price for an iPad case.

It's been 60 days and I have not heard anyting from them about my order. My order conformation has a phone number on it but it goes directly to voice mail. I have also emailed them and have heard back.

The big problem I have with Vaja is they charge you day 1 for the item, they say they have to do this becuase this is a custom case and they have to be paid in full up front for the case. The problem I have with that is if I never see the case, I can't dispute the charge on my CC as the charge will be too old and the CC will not let you dispute a charge from 90 days ago. I don't like paying for things beforer they ship as the vendor does not have any incentive to ship quickly as they have your money and the item....

I just got an email from them- telling me due to high demain... bla bla bla.. with no ETA of the shippment of the item.

Does anyone know if they will give you a refund... as I see it, I contracted for a case to be delivered in 60 days... that didn't happen, they broke the contract so I should be able to get my money back....

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Does anyone know if they will give you a refund... as I see it, I contracted for a case to be delivered in 60 days... that didn't happen, they broke the contract so I should be able to get my money back....

I would say good luck with that. Given how hard to can be to get a hold of someone I would suspect that getting them to agree to a refund willingly is going to be tough.

As you sugested. I would call the CC company and dispute the charge for non delivery of goods. That will get someones attention.

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
I just ordered the Back/Red Agenda from Cases.com. They gave me a 10% discount (I wish I had seen the post above - could have gotten 15%). I called them directly, and had a FedEx tracking number within an hour. They were great to deal with on the phone, and evidently you can return the item for a refund within 30 days (if unused); you have to pay for shipping, which is fair. This is definitely the way to go if you like what they have in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.