Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
When I bought my iPad 1 case last year the emblem was scratched/scuffed up too. I wonder if they are always like that.

I gotta admit with all the sucky customer service, I echo Patrick's sentiment about the Libretto..The case is top notch. The fit is absolutely perfect, and the look and feel is just sensational. Outside of the naked corner (which is not a big deal to me now that I have the case on it), it really is the best case I have seen yet for the iPad 2. Its has no equal...At the moment anyway.

Their service can really try your patience though, especially if you don't realize it going into a purchase with Vaja.

Overall, I am very happy with how it compliments the iPad2 and I think this is much better than the new Agenda they have for the iPad 2. That strap is terrible, especially when you consider how well the magnetic closure works on the Libretto.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
How much weight does it add to the ipad? Is is bulky or thin? Could it compare in thiness to yoobau?

It doesn't add much weight at all..I had a Toblino 2 for a short period after realizing all it's shortcomings, returned it. Weight was a big one, literally twice as heavy.

Not a factor whatsoever with the Libretto. It's perfect in almost every way, form the quality, to the stability in the stand positions, to the way it folds, no bezel coverage. This list goes on..

I would hazard a guess that if the interior were leather it would add some weight, but the one I have has Microfiber. Given the choice though I would probably would have went leather interior for durability.

Either way you won't be disappointed if you get it. But you will overpay for it. :)

Last edited:

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Thanks for the pics- anxiously awaiting to hear news of mine ordered on April 7th- (libretto shitake) - maybe next week???

No problem. You're gonna love it. My order was confirmed on 4/28 and I received it on 5/5. So, 37 days to get it.

applelvr

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I would love to know what color combinations everyone ordered. I am planning to order the Libretto, but for $190 (before shipping!), I want to make sure I am 100% happy with my color combination.

I am considering Dark Brown w/Brownie or Black Caterina, or Shitake w/Black Caterina. Does anyone have these color combinations? I would love to know what they look like in person.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
I was pretty close buying one until I realized that the entire corner is exposed, and I'm pretty sure it'll get jacked up from that design. Besides- I think they would have an issue redesigning the case adding a hole for the camera if it catches some of the thickness of the leather.

It looks really nice. I hope they redesign that corner. :)

Hellokittyutah

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
I actually decided to get this case but I ordered it in violet! Had a hard time trying to decide, but I am not a traditional "black case" person. Got the microfiber interior. Has anybody gotten any other colors besides black?

dipan

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2008
Ordered dark brown with white Catarina leather interior last week (white iPad2) after reading some of the comments here. I agree with skids's comments about customer service, but I'm willing to deal with it to get a great case. Thanks for your honest comments, esp skids929 ...

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I was pretty close buying one until I realized that the entire corner is exposed, and I'm pretty sure it'll get jacked up from that design. Besides- I think they would have an issue redesigning the case adding a hole for the camera if it catches some of the thickness of the leather.

It looks really nice. I hope they redesign that corner. :)

Agree with you about the corner. Looks like a beautiful case, but the exposed corner prevents me from ordering it. Quite a shame, really.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
I ordered olive midnight (dark green) or something like that with the microfiber.

As for the exposed corner, I've had Vaja cases for both my iPhones and never had a problem. I treat my devices for what they are and handle them carefully. I also have a sleeve with ample room for when I'm transporting the iPad and want added protection.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
Agree with you about the corner. Looks like a beautiful case, but the exposed corner prevents me from ordering it. Quite a shame, really.

trust me i was concerned about it too. Took the plunge anyway, glad I did. You will more than likely never even think about the corner again once you see the case and how it functions.

Not trying to make it sound like the best case in the world and it is expensive, but there is no comparison out there to this case. Nothing.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
trust me i was concerned about it too. Took the plunge anyway, glad I did. You will more than likely never even think about the corner again once you see the case and how it functions.

Not trying to make it sound like the best case in the world and it is expensive, but there is no comparison out there to this case. Nothing.

Thanks for your thoughts. Guess I'll do some more thinking about it.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
The Melkco slimme cases look like they are of this caliber and don't have the unprotected corner issue.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
The Melkco slimme cases look like they are of this caliber and don't have the unprotected corner issue.

This case looks neat..What I would say (based on the youtube video of it) is the stand in portrait looks like its not going to be anywhere as stable as the Vaja. This is one thing I really LOVE about the Vaja is the fact it is incredibly stable in the stand positions. No wobble or potential to knock it over.

Otherwise this thing is pretty cool. Thin, weak on padding (assuming anyone cares about that) but super slimme.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
For anyone interested, the following website, http://www.cases.com , lists the Vaja Libretto Ipad 2 cases (Black, Red, White, and Brown) as being in stock. The list price is $199. Although the price is higher than ordering from the Vaja website, delivery might be faster (Disclaimer - I have never ordered from cases.com). Just checked the Vaja website. Their price is $160, and it seems they have lowered the time it takes to get one to 25 days (from previous 35 days).

Edit: After checking out both websites, decided to try ordering from cases.com. The Vaja website charges $30.00 for S/H bringing the total to $190 for the Libretto, with a wait of 25 days. The cases.com website color selection is limited and there is no option for the leather interior, but I liked the dark brown cover and black suede interior anyway. They offer free standard shipping (5-7 days). Hoping it will ship in the next day or so. I'll let you all know what happens.

Last edited:

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
For anyone interested, the following website, http://www.cases.com , lists the Vaja Libretto Ipad 2 cases (Black, Red, White, and Brown) as being in stock. The list price is $199. Although the price is higher than ordering from the Vaja website, delivery might be faster (Disclaimer - I have never ordered from cases.com). Just checked the Vaja website. Their price is $160, and it seems they have lowered the time it takes to get one to 25 days (from previous 35 days).

Edit: After checking out both websites, decided to try ordering from cases.com. The Vaja website charges $30.00 for S/H bringing the total to $190 for the Libretto, with a wait of 25 days. The cases.com website color selection is limited and there is no option for the leather interior, but I liked the dark brown cover and black suede interior anyway. They offer free standard shipping (5-7 days). Hoping it will ship in the next day or so. I'll let you all know what happens.

I told myself I wasn't going to spend this kind of money on an ipad case this time around but with cases.com immediate shipping and their 15% off coupon code it brought the total to $169 so I couldn't resist.

beama

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011

Well, today is the 35th day my Vaja libretto is in production, so I am hoping to hear soon that it has shipped. I kept checking cases.com too- funny if I could have gotten it quicker from them and cheaper with the coupon. I ordered the Libretto Shitake which cases.com is not offering, but I could have gone with the red one.:(

Boldman

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2010
I told myself I wasn't going to spend this kind of money on an ipad case this time around but with cases.com immediate shipping and their 15% off coupon code it brought the total to $169 so I couldn't resist.

Where or how do you obtain the 15% coupon code?

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Where or how do you obtain the 15% coupon code?

I found this by using google search...

cases.com coupon code: 1196659237

This is for 15% off. I selected the "free shipping" and they sent via FedEx Express Saver. There was no tax so my total was $169.15. This is cheaper than buying direct from Vaja ($160 + $30 shipping) and ships immediately instead of Vaja's current wait time of 25 days.

Last edited:

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Just received my Fedex shipping notice less than 24 hours after I ordered from cases.com.

Adexis

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
Can anybody with a black leather Libretto give me an idea of the exact weight of the case without the iPad attached?

hernan1304

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
Just received my dark brown. 36 days after ordering from Vaja. The "official" pictures that are on the first post of this thread must not be dark brown - mine is WAY darker brown than that. Disappointed that the color is so much darker than I thought, but it's still pretty nice. The microfiber is not as 'micro' as the inside of the Apple smart cover - definitely higher quality from Apple. The leather is just as good as my other Vaja cases: amazing. Unfortunately my wife took my iPad on a trip for the weekend so for now I only have the case with me, but I'll post photos when the iPad gets back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.