Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Videos Taken with an iPhone 4

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

ValenR

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
The quality looks nice, just gotta take care of shaky hands :rolleyes:
Other than that, amazing ! :eek:

skm

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
would be good to see how it does in a club - dark with loud music.

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
It would be nice if someone posted a lowlight video with movement. I mean, the plant is interesting and all but...

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Would like to see someone compose a video with side by side shots of the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3Gs shooting the same subject. Shoot with both phones at the same time then splice in a video with one phone on the left and the other on the right to get a better understanding of the increased performance.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
In other news, street festival at Cooper Union!!!!!!!!!

Would like to see someone compose a video with side by side shots of the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3Gs shooting the same subject. Shoot with both phones at the same time then splice in a video with one phone on the left and the other on the right to get a better understanding of the increased performance.

The iPhone 3GS shoots video at 3.5 MBps. The iPhone 4 shoots video at 10 Mbps. The video from the iPhone 4 is a higher bitrate that most point-and-shoot cameras that capture "HD" video, so it's quite remarkable.

jonessodarally

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
microphone clip as tripod

Here's a nice little tip for shooting steady video with a cheap tripod setup... go buy a microphone stand that has a rubbery mic clip on it. The clip holds the iphone perfectly. Used it for a few podcast shoots with my 3G. :)

askewed

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
NJ
From my blog @ http://web.me.com/skca/Ardens_Day/Daddys_Blog/Entries/2010/6/23_iPhone4.html

I’ll be posting pictures and video from my new iPhone as well as my thoughts and reactions to the phone. What do I want in return, nothing. However, if you find yourself really enjoying my posts and want to say thank you, I can’t think of a better way then by making a tax deductible donation to my daughter Arden’s 2010 JDRF Walk to find a cure for her type I diabetes at this link - Arden walks for @JDRFEasternPA

I’ll be updating here, on Twitter with my Arden’s Day account @ArdensDay and on the MacRumors forum

To make this experiment a total Apple experience I’ll be hosting all of the pictures and videos on my MobileMe Gallery - http://gallery.me.com/skca/100928

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
Wow that is some pretty terrible rolling shutting effects in that clip. Look at how the box suddenly turns to 'digital rubber' as the shake it.

But this plagues most any cheap digicam.

Ive seen a few videos now and your right, its terrible. Unfortunate as video features were one of my highest reasons for upgrading to it.
Still , the convinience of always having it in your pocket is there.

nollchr

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2009
How much space are these videos using on the phone?

Just curious how much record time one gets per GB...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.