Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxskorpion88xx

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2013
But how is likely from 1 to 10 that apple will change the 830 for 840 pro with the same price considering it gradually reduce with time
thank cirus

Last edited:

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
same or lower

I say things will stay the SAME or lower. SSD pricing is quite a bit less than when pricing was started for rMBP's back in June of last year. Apple should be able to get us 512GB for only about 250-300$ MORE than 256GB stock. a 128GB would probably only be reserved for a low price model.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I say things will stay the SAME or lower. SSD pricing is quite a bit less than when pricing was started for rMBP's back in June of last year. Apple should be able to get us 512GB for only about 250-300$ MORE than 256GB stock. a 128GB would probably only be reserved for a low price model.

It's very hard to say. Often even though prices of components come down, Apple will leave the retail price where it currently is. Then other times they do bring the price down accordingly, so who knows. :)

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012

Right now you can buy a new rMBP with a 512 for $300 more than the base. Had it priced at the store 2 months ago.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
If the only upgrade is Haswell processor (and for the 15" a higher NVIDIA card) I cannot see them continuing to overprice the 13" cMBP. I think they will drop the base price of the 13" cMBP to $1049 and the price of the 15" will stay the same but will get 1gb vram and maybe a 7200 RPM hard drive.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i think they will keep 650m or they will put 750m witch i understand is has overall the same performance like 650m

Setiawan20

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2013
Hi everyone!! It is posibble 15 inch MBP ( not retina ) have update new hardware n continue to produce??? how about you opinion ? i stay until wwdc ? or buy now 15 inch MBP??
thanks

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
Hi everyone!! It is posibble 15 inch MBP ( not retina ) have update new hardware n continue to produce??? how about you opinion ? i stay until wwdc ? or buy now 15 inch MBP??
thanks

I'm in the same boat as you. I want a classic 15" MBP, not a retina, but I fear they will be discontinued and only the 13" will remain. I can get a maxed out 15" with Anti-Glare from MacMall for $2049 right now, which is a good deal. Thoughts?

Autrement

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
I'm in the same boat as you. I want a classic 15" MBP, not a retina, but I fear they will be discontinued and only the 13" will remain. I can get a maxed out 15" with Anti-Glare from MacMall for $2049 right now, which is a good deal. Thoughts?

This is my pure speculation, but it's hard to see a real downside to waiting, unless you think MacMall going to run out of stock before the new laptop lineup is announced, which I think is unlikely. I doubt that there would be a price RAISE on that model at any point with a new generation of laptops coming out.

If Apple updates the cMBP this cycle, the price for that model on MacMall will probably drop even more.

I'm going back and forth between cMBP and rMBP, but because I don't need it right away, I'm going to wait and see what the market looks like in a couple months, and either pick up a newly upgraded Haswell machine or get a nice discount on a 2012 model. In any case, with the weakness of the laptop market now, I don't think we're likely to get burned by prices going UP. :D

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I was going to wait for Haswell. Decided it wasn't worth it and got my 15" rMBP about a month ago. It has easily been the best computer I have ever owned.

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
I was going to wait for Haswell. Decided it wasn't worth it and got my 15" rMBP about a month ago. It has easily been the best computer I have ever owned.

Next best thing announcement less than a month away. I have no problem waiting for it. If its nothing special (And just the fact that it will be a true 2nd generation retina makes it special) then I will enjoy the reduced price of the current rMBP

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
How this thread makes me feel

w34FNiL.png

ASKendrew

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
United Kingdom
Hoping to get a rMBP this September for my second year at university. Really want one now but I figured I might as well wait for Haswell.

Last edited:

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen

I am sure the classic MBP will stay for now. It's still their best seller.

Nanker/Phelge

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2010
Does anyone else think we could see a Fusion Drive in the 2013 non-Retina MacBook Pro?

I could see them adding flash storage, ditching the optical drive, slimming it down and putting 1TB+ HDDs in their place to keep the line alive.

Autrement

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Does anyone else think we could see a Fusion Drive in the 2013 non-Retina MacBook Pro?

I could see them adding flash storage, ditching the optical drive, slimming it down and putting 1TB+ HDDs in their place to keep the line alive.

The fusion drive MIGHT be added as an option because they added it as an option to iMacs recently, but I really, really doubt it. Apple's bottom line is better served by getting people to pay extra for an SSD, which is a superior technology anyway.

Your second speculation is, IMO, just flat-out impossible. The optical drive is one of the few reasons they might not yet ditch the entire cMBP line as it is, because of its use in emerging markets.

And if you slim it down any more and get rid of optical, you might as well have an rMBP! They're not going to go to the bother of redesigning the entire unibody casing system that works well and then top it with old, almost obsolete technology (the old non-retina resolution screen). That fits no niche at all. If you want dual hard drives in your cMBP, you're gonna have buy one now to do it yourself.

rMBP is getting Haswell, but for the cMBP, they will either 1) Update it with Haswell but leave everything else the same (maybe 8gig RAM standard) 2) Leave it the exact same with Ivy Bridge and maybe drop the price a little. (less likely) 3) Drop it entirely (but this probably won't happen until 2014.)

Last edited:

Nanker/Phelge

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2010
My thinking is that it's a middle ground when it comes to storage capacity and speed, possibly the ideal intersection.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Next best thing announcement less than a month away. I have no problem waiting for it. If its nothing special (And just the fact that it will be a true 2nd generation retina makes it special) then I will enjoy the reduced price of the current rMBP

What happens if they don't release it in June? Then you juet keep waiting months for it. It is your decision, and that's fine with me. I needed a new one soon and I don't care if it is a second generation. I have yet to experience any problems and I did purchase apple care incase I encounter any.

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
My thinking is that it's a middle ground when it comes to storage capacity and speed, possibly the ideal intersection.

You must be A Rolling Stones fan. Seeing them Wednesday and Saturday nights. Only a Stones fan knows what Nanker/Phelge is.

----------

What happens if they don't release it in June? Then you juet keep waiting months for it. It is your decision, and that's fine with me. I needed a new one soon and I don't care if it is a second generation. I have yet to experience any problems and I did purchase apple care incase I encounter any.

It probably won't be released in June. But on June 10 the facts come out, as far as what's going to be in it, specs, prices etc. once we get that info I'll be able to make a decision as to what I'll do. As far as the Haswell chip goes, it's being released to Apple on June 2, so you got to figure they will immediately start to manufacture them. So a July release is certainly not out of the question. I've been waiting for 9 months, another month or two is not a problem. But to be sure, my 2009 MBP is killing me

jgbr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
I am interested in what quad core chips/coupled with what graphics on the CPU and dedicated GPU they choose. The intel map for the cpuboard graphics seemed complicated!

I am also hoping for either a slight price reduction or scrubbing of the lower end 256GB SSD option and running with a 512GB SSD minimum with a new 1TB introduced.

Last edited:

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
So the macbook pro 13" classic with 8 GB ram and 128SSD cost 1499$ and the base retina macbook pro with the same config cost the same except the optical drive, so this is no brainer choice and this is the proof that the classic macbook pro will be out from this summer.

Menno

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2013
You must be A Rolling Stones fan. Seeing them Wednesday and Saturday nights. Only a Stones fan knows what Nanker/Phelge is.

----------

It probably won't be released in June. But on June 10 the facts come out, as far as what's going to be in it, specs, prices etc. once we get that info I'll be able to make a decision as to what I'll do. As far as the Haswell chip goes, it's being released to Apple on June 2, so you got to figure they will immediately start to manufacture them. So a July release is certainly not out of the question. I've been waiting for 9 months, another month or two is not a problem. But to be sure, my 2009 MBP is killing me

Intel will release Haswell on June 2, but the big manufacturers will most likely already have the chip for a couple of months. For instance HP will release Haswell based laptops soon after June 2.

Nanker/Phelge

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2010
Intel will release Haswell on June 2, but the big manufacturers will most likely already have the chip for a couple of months. For instance HP will release Haswell based laptops soon after June 2.

This is my understanding of the situation as well. As far as I know, Apple and the other big guys already have chips and chipsets in their inventories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.