What to Expect at Apple's September 2018 Event: New iPhones, Apple Watch Series 4, AirPods, AirPower and More

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2012
So uhmmmm like about that Mac Pro? Another million years in the making to come?

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I don't mind large screens but I don't like the fact that Apple stop catering people with small hands. iPhone X is a joke for those that have tiny hands (like me for example). This year its even worse as the smallest one is the largest one from last year (5.8). Its insane.
iPhone 6 was probably the max I could work with (screenwise) and that option is no longer viable in the new form. So one can get iPhone 8 or nothing :)
Great
Isn't the SE still for sale? Seems like a good phone for you.

LeonardXW

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2016
expecting a boring keynote
No new features to be announced

iPhone
ScreenSize upgrade
Internal processor upgrade
New Color options

Apple Watch
ScreenSize upgrade
New Color options
Niche software update

AirPower (Announced)

AirPod
Wireless Charging (announced in the AirPower ad)
Hey Siri capabilities

Where are the one more thing?
Boring

rmoliv

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2017
This waiting is driving me nuts. I barely can sleep more than 4 hours straight. I fall asleep and I wake up thinking about the event and the iPhones and Watches and all the new products. :mad::confused:

DeepIn2U

macrumors 603
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I don't mind large screens but I don't like the fact that Apple stop catering people with small hands. iPhone X is a joke for those that have tiny hands (like me for example). This year its even worse as the smallest one is the largest one from last year (5.8). Its insane.
iPhone 6 was probably the max I could work with (screenwise) and that option is no longer viable in the new form. So one can get iPhone 8 or nothing :)
Great
I have small hands as well and the X didn’t bother me in terms of display size since the phone was thicker to hold due to the stainless steel edges.

For me it was adjusting to the display swallowing my eyes into it. Was tripping as I walked and the FaceID was cumbersome for ApplePay.
[doublepost=1536382517][/doublepost]
I’m scared to see what the new “pro” mac mini is going to be. Its purpose is to be a low cost mac for people who cannot afford a lot. Im afraid the price is going to go through the roof. Ive considered buying one as a second mac but ive been waiting for them to update the specs. Im afraid the price is going to be much higher then I really want to pay.
Man we’ve ALL had 4 yrs to save up for the cost of the lowest end to rise by at least $2-300US.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This event is shaping up to the biggest and most incredible event ever with unbelievable new products. These new iPhones will be the best Apple has ever made. And the same applies to the new Apple Watch.
I think everyone will be upgrading their devices this year.
Apple says that every year. “This is the fastest, (insert product here) we have ever made.” Followed by “We are really proud if it.”

acblue94

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
New York, NY.
Anyone else kind of pissed off that there won't be any TouchID phones coming out?

I LOVE TouchID. It's enough that if my iPhone 7 Plus were to fall into the sea next month, I'd likely go buy an 8 Plus as a replacement rather than the new notchy TouchID-less phones.

I wish Apple had kept making two lines, the FaceID phones and the classic form factor, at least for a couple more years. :(
Face ID is more secured and faster.

Rojaaemon

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2016

iPhone
ScreenSize upgrade
New Color options

Apple Watch
ScreenSize upgrade
New Color options
Niche software update

AirPower (Announced)

AirPod
Hey Siri capabilities

Boring
hey, maybe that cool, super hip black chick, or the Apple Store Lady?

bluecoast

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2017
I’m wondering what new product they’ll announce that they won’t ship for a year or more.

‘EarPods with noise reduction - and they’ll be shipping in the first half of 2019!’

Fast forward to September 2019:

‘I wonder if they’ll launch those noise reduction EarPods?’

:D

Last edited:

asiga

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
14 inch (or even 15 inch) MacBook, please. And it's not about the money, as I'll buy a 15inch MBP if a lighter alternative is not released on Tuesday. It's not the money, it's the weight. The performance of the 12inch MB is enough for my "work on the go" needs, but I need a big display with a very low weight.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008
14 inch (or even 15 inch) MacBook, please. And it's not about the money, as I'll buy a 15inch MBP if a lighter alternative is not released on Tuesday. It's not the money, it's the weight. The performance of the 12inch MB is enough for my "work on the go" needs, but I need a big display with a very low weight.
15" right now is very light. lighter than my 13" 2011 MacBook Pro I upgraded

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Praying for the dual SIM to be true, and I am really interested in how Apple would implement the dual SIM feature. On Android, it's a mixed bag, but many OEMs have gotten a good grip on it thanks to better modems. Now we can have Android phones with support for dual VoLTE, and dual messaging apps (eg. dual whatsapp, one account for each SIM). I hope Apple do those things right off the bat.

Reactions: Lyn2012

Lioness~

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2017
I hope for MBA 11", I’ll buy soonest available :)
I hope for new SE (X) bezelless, will buy soon.
I hope for iPad Mini 5 bezelless, to replace my iPad Air 2, will buy pretty soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtdunham

johannnn

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
employees

iPhone
ScreenSize upgrade
New Color options

Apple Watch
ScreenSize upgrade
New Color options
Niche software update

AirPower (Announced)

AirPod
Hey Siri capabilities

Boring
Kids are spoiled nowadays. Including you.

Except for new colors, all things you mention are pushing the envelope on technology and could definitely be regarded as "one more thing" if they were surprises. The difference now is that Apple is a trillion dollar company and it's near impossible to keep something a secret. More employees than ever and larger supply chain than ever.

asiga

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
15" right now is very light. lighter than my 13" 2011 MacBook Pro I upgraded
The 15inch MBP is 1.80kg, compared to 1.30kg of the 13inch MBP or the MBA. If you are used to carrying a MBA everyday to every place you go, you are used to the value of being low-weight, and going from 1.30kg to 1.80kg is a step backwards (it's equivalent to adding a half a litre bottle of water into your bag). Now you might argue that it's not possible to build a lighter 15inch, but Acer would show you wrong (next Swift5 is 15.6inch weighting just 1kg).

Still, if I have no other option, I'll buy the 15inch MBP on Tuesday after the event. But I don't like the purchase, because the trend is to go lightweight, and I guess Apple will be releasing a lower weight 14/15 inch in the mid term. And honestly, I have the money for the 15inch MBP, but it's absurd to do that investment if you know you are going to want a lighter option soon.

I might also consider a 13inch if it weights similar to the 12inch MB, but, again, knowing that bigger screens with lower weight will be available not too far from today.

I always buy Macs thinking in the long term, so I don't really feel comfortable with the current MacBook situation.

Waughy

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
I love my iPhone X, but I’m already starting to get the bug for the bigger brother.
I'm tempted on the phone, but going to hold off with my X for another year so I can go pre paid and free myself from the contract cycle. Definitely keen on a watch to replace my S0.

Reactions: iapplelove