Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paffko

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2018
“......and More” ? What is the ‘more’ part? I’m assumin iPad Pro?
I wish iphone with smaller screen!
[doublepost=1536416635][/doublepost]
This event is shaping up to the biggest and most incredible event ever with unbelievable new products. These new iPhones will be the best Apple has ever made. And the same applies to the new Apple Watch.
I think everyone will be upgrading their devices this year.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Your choice of a consumer electronics company gives you a sense of “pride”? Odd.

Many companies release new products that are inferior to previous generations. Apple rarely does this thankfully, but knowing these new iPhones and Apple Watches will be the best ever is something we should all get excited about.

The camera is massively improved with every new iPhone. This is a fact.
[doublepost=1536360676][/doublepost]

I wish I was Tim. I'm just a proud Apple customer.

Applemaniac7

Suspended
Mar 2, 2018
So Cal.
Anyone notice the grammar error, a common one that is found in many formal communications as the quality of the English language declines? "Internally, Apple employees are said to be referring to this year's iPhones as an "S"..." shoud be written as, "Internally, Apple employees are said to be referring to this year's iPhones as a "S"..."
You might want to spell check young man before you comment on grammar errors.

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2009
A12 only 10% faster than the A11? If so that's one of the smallest jumps in mobile performance from year to year ever. Looking at single core speeds it's ranged from 25-70% every year except for the iPhone 6 that was a real dud for some reason.

https://imgur.com/a/0EtwDSp

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc Evils and LiveM

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Finally someone willing to start the real conversation.

$699usd low-cost? Seriously? Just put a A12 chip to an iPhone SE and get off my wallet.
low cost or budget, its called the cheapest product in a line up
For example an V8 Ferrari at around 170k is the budget product
Or Rolex has some around at 6000-7000$ budget watches...
So its about the brand prices line up

Reactions: timh

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
So will the SIM card in my iPhone 6s fit in any of the 3 new iPhones? I have Verizon and don’t want to lose my unlimited plan.

whomovedmyapple

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2018
low cost or budget, its called the cheapest product in a line up
For example an V8 Ferrari at around 170k is the budget product
Or Rolex has some around at 6000-7000$ budget watches...
So its about the brand prices line up

I see what you mean.

Well, I just wished I could afford it I guess. In my country + taxes is way too much to pay for a phone. Specially when the last one I had got stolen from me at gunpoint. Will see if other iPhones drop in price at my local carrier after the new ones come out.

tresmith

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
I'm in need of a new phone, watch and laptop. I already know about the new Xs and Series 4 but I'm hoping they release a great update to the MBA.

I am going to have my own upgrade super cycle.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Wednesday's iPhone event does not excite me. The Apple watch and hopefully the iPad event event on wednesday will excite me. When i was stated that iOS 12 would be software refinement and stability while iOS 13 would be the ground shaking redesign, I knew that 2019 would be the craziest year. Maybe the 6.5' iPhone would get me excited, but after failing with the 7 Plus and 8 Plus, i'm not holding my breath that the "iPhone Xs Max" would be mind blowing. My iPhone X is going strong and will be for maybe another 4-5 years.

[AUT] Thomas

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2016
Graz [Austria]
This is probably the first Apple event I'm actually looking forward to... I really hope this isn't going to be an iPhone/Watch only event, because in that case I'd be very disappointed.
  • A Mac Mini "Pro" with an eGPU would probably be superior to the MacPro and probably the most powerful Mac ever when considering a 1500$€ budget. I just hope that if Apple went "pro" on the Mac Mini that they added at least a 200g cooler that can thermally buffer and thus smooth out peaks.
  • 12" MacBook... if that comes with a Touchbar (for sake of the secure element) I'll probably pre-order...
  • iPad mini 5 (silent) refresh (in autumn) would be the cherry on the cake. Other than that, the new iPad Pros could be interesting as well...
  • iPhone 9 (or whatever the 6.1 is called) could be the real deal...

Reactions: LiveM

littyboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Really hoping Face ID is faster... it’s so slow compared to Touch ID right now on my X vs my previous 7.

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
Anyone else kind of pissed off that there won't be any TouchID phones coming out?

I LOVE TouchID. It's enough that if my iPhone 7 Plus were to fall into the sea next month, I'd likely go buy an 8 Plus as a replacement rather than the new notchy TouchID-less phones.

I wish Apple had kept making two lines, the FaceID phones and the classic form factor, at least for a couple more years. :(
You'll love FaceID.

FaceID is so much better.

tafmasterpl

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
A12 only 10% faster than the A11? If so that's one of the smallest jumps in mobile performance from year to year ever. Looking at single core speeds it's ranged from 25-70% every year except for the iPhone 6 that was a real dud for some reason.

https://imgur.com/a/0EtwDSp

Nice someone points it out, I see Apple likes to sell refreshed 2 year old crap SoC with new form factor iPhone, the same story goes with 3GS and 4(big design change) 5s>6(big design change and 1GB RAM :):):)) honestly i was really surprised they managed to get bump with A11 that much because it was good opportunity to sell 2 year old SoC too, it looks like they will this year because they are making major design change for all of us(not only guys with $1000+) But i hope it's not true and they will bump speed about 25%, they are finally stepping down to 7 nm, this should get us more than mere 10% and Apple "S" year iPhones were always fire(when we talk about speed bumps)

nottorp

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2014
Romania
Hmm. Humm. Hmm.

On these new, button less iphones... how do you unlock them if you can't be bothered to set a pass code/face recognition/whatever?

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Expect New Sizes and Colors as well as inner tech upgrades
In other words don’t expect too much and you won’t be disappointed !!!!

reetcher

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2007
I have zero interest in anything Apple until they showoff some new desktop computers and prove they are still a computer company for advanced users. While I have tried to use the iOS system it just is not capable of real work

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
And price increases too? I hope not. I'm almost ready to buy a new apple watch series 4 and if they hit me with a hefty Tariff charge I might decline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.