What to Expect From the 2019 iPhones: Hands-On With Dummy Models

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
The Fandroids are trying really hard to create a perception these are ugly. They're not. It will be easy to mitigate the camera square with a cover (black) or just buy a black iPhone 11 - if it REALLY bothers anyone, which is doubtful.

And watch, in a year, all the Android copycat handsets will look EXACTLY like iPhone 11, without the iPhone's faster processor, secure OS and the rest.
Hahaha great point.

Same exact thing was said about the iPhone X before every android oem used it as reference design and just cloned it.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Well at least launch won’t be chaotic. This will probably be a down year for sales and upgrades. A lot of people will be waiting for the 2020 model with 5G, USB-C, smaller or no notch, etc.

This year seems to be a um...different camera layout and same phone with a faster processor and maybe more RAM. People need more than that to drop minimum $1k.

side note - please Apple, please include a fast charger in the damn box. It’s 2019, the phone is at least $1k and I get a 5W charger? Stop it.

smoking monkey

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
The Fandroids are trying really hard to create a perception these are ugly. They're not.
I'm sure some are Fandriods, but I'm with em and I think most people who like Apple (as evidenced on this thread) are of the same opinion re these first set of mock ups.

It doesn't look good. The mock up in silver looks ugly. No way round it. Black would def look better, but a big protruding square on the back will make ANYTHING look bad.

If it means a massive upgrade in cameras though... I'd accept it easily. Still, when you pay the Apple design premium, I think we're allowed to voice our disapproval about a very lacklustre design.

I'm guessing Shanson27 in post #81 is right though. It will look like the photos they posted and won't be that bad. Surely Apple will make it look better than those mock ups... surely.

macmarco

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
I dont know how long i can stay in 6s without looking for iphone alternatives.
Just keep waiting and waiting for a simple lighter phone running ios

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I'm sure some are Fandriods, but I'm with em and I think most people who like Apple (as evidenced on this thread) are of the same opinion re these first set of mock ups.

It doesn't look good. The mock up in silver looks ugly. No way round it. Black would def look better, but a big protruding square on the back will make ANYTHING look bad.
No. Nope. Naw. You're either 100% with us or you're a hater who is 100% against us. Love everything Apple or nothing at all. There is no in between. Nuanced opinion is for the weak of mind and heart. :p:D

nt5672

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2007
For the life of me I can't figure out what all those Apple employees do anymore.
The emojis must be designed by many graphic design teams, then they all compete in an Apple wide evaluation contest with presentation etc., then the winning team gets to update its emojis again, then someone has to print the emojis calendar, the wall posters for Apple campus, etc. Probably several thousand people involved over several months.

Everybody at Apple wants to be part of the most exciting and advanced new feature (emoji) release for Apple OSs.:confused::rolleyes:o_O Especially because this feature requires little QA and is so popular with teenagers. OMG this is so dope (cool for you old codgers).

Reactions: niji

Skyblve

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2019
No matter how good the camera is, the cheaper DSLR will do a better work than this lil camera.

Shlooky

macrumors regular
May 31, 2012
While everyone is knocking the design, I look forward to seeing what these cameras can do.

code-m

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
What I expect
1. Disgusting camera design
2. Garbage intel modems
3. No usb-c
4. Price hikes

Pass.

I agree if there is nothing else intriguing concerning the 2019 models.
[doublepost=1563494820][/doublepost]
While everyone is knocking the design, I look forward to seeing what these cameras can do.
Photo quality amount many manufacturers is very comparable, I am not sure if this can be considered a selling point any longer. The XS had marginally quality over the X, however Pixel had better in low light conditions compared to both. Image preference can vary, so unless there is something revolutionary for 2019, it is just blah.

jonnysods

macrumors 603
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
This device has to be compelling.

I have the iPhone X and I haven't been given a reason to update yet. Price is definitely a factor, but this runs so well I may skip another year and hold out!!

code-m

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Ive either left cause he did this or he can't stand the sight of this.

Bring me a 4" SE with the latest and greatest tech please and I'll pay the same price as the Max
Ive probably left because he needed a change from designing consumer electronic products. Though Apple remains his largest client presently as an industrial designer one always seeks other forms of challenges.
[doublepost=1563495009][/doublepost]
This device has to be compelling.

I have the iPhone X and I haven't been given a reason to update yet. Price is definitely a factor, but this runs so well I may skip another year and hold out!!
I went with XS as the 4GB RAM was worth it imo.

Reactions: jonnysods

niji

Contributor
Feb 9, 2003
tokyo
Ive either left cause he did this or he can't stand the sight of this.

Bring me a 4" SE with the latest and greatest tech please and I'll pay the same price as the Max
this.
but 4.7" (such as iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 8) for me is much better.
make it smaller than these 2019. but give us all the top tier functionality.
i would not only pay the same, i would pay more.

Reactions: koruki