What to Expect From the 2019 iPhones: Hands-On With Dummy Models

ilikewhey

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
The Fandroids are trying really hard to create a perception these are ugly. They're not. It will be easy to mitigate the camera square with a cover (black) or just buy a black iPhone 11 - if it REALLY bothers anyone, which is doubtful.

And watch, in a year, all the Android copycat handsets will look EXACTLY like iPhone 11, without the iPhone's faster processor, secure OS and the rest.
its the other way around now, apple copies samsung in the design department, full screen oled is the most obvious one underscreen finger scanner most likely on the next que.

Reactions: iSilas

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
its the other way around now, apple copies samsung in the design department, full screen oled is the most obvious one underscreen finger scanner most likely on the next que.
Don’t think so...
Full screen oled with a notch and no chin and Face ID, yeah that was all apple.

On the other hand Samsung is copying Apple again with the note 10. Have you seen the rear? They moved the camera and copied Apple, again.

Guess Samsung has iPhone X/Xs envy, good thing Apple is moving on from that design, too many blatant copies.

Corsig

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
It’s literally the same discussion every year at this time where you call something ugly and you won’t buy it and you end up buying it anyways and in 11 months start complaining about that years model.

ani4ani

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2012
UK
Don’t think so...
Full screen oled with a notch and no chin and Face ID, yeah that was all apple.

On the other hand Samsung is copying Apple again with the note 10. Have you seen the rear? They moved the camera and copied Apple, again.

Guess Samsung has iPhone X/Xs envy, good thing Apple is moving on from that design, too many blatant copies.
I think you’ll find that the notch (with Oled) existed on phones before Apple introduced it

Reactions: PC_tech

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
I think you’ll find that the notch (with Oled) existed on phones before Apple introduced it
Haven’t seen a single phone with a notch and no chin before the phone x, 2 years later and android phones still have a chin.

You can browse the iPhone X launch thread and see some of the comments about the notch and how android fans felt about the notch when Apple launched it.

1 year later and almost every android oem tried to clone the iPhone X, of course after mocking Apple and the notch. It was a bit pathetic to be honest.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008
I hope apple reads this post. This is a skip year for everyone unless your phone breaks and even then I’d still go with an xs over this.
I don’t see anyone watering at the mouth to update their phones to this. Most every other year it’s been somewhat reasonable to upgrade from previous generation.

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Starting to resemble a stove top.
[doublepost=1563495212][/doublepost]

How does a case conceal the square housing and 2-3 camera lenses? o_O
Gonna conceal the bump, like on my max and it’s the back of the phone. It’ll be just fine, IMO, there always seems to be a lot of hubris before a release.

Reactions: FFR

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
techingiteasy.wordpress.com
I think we are gonna see our first major decline in sales of the iPhone. Its not the design of this one, its just that the market is significantly saturated, its expensive to upgrade and what most have is good enough. It doesn't take much to post a comment on Macrumors, upload a picture Facebook or IG or make a tweet or even watch a YouTube video.

anthogag

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
I don't mind the square camera bump if the camera is great.

Apple could have some fun naming the 2019 iPhone. Call it iPhone Y. As in why should I buy one. Some people in media are harping about waiting until the 5G 2020 iPhones arrive.

az431

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Well at least launch won’t be chaotic. This will probably be a down year for sales and upgrades. A lot of people will be waiting for the 2020 model with 5G, USB-C, smaller or no notch, etc.

This year seems to be a um...different camera layout and same phone with a faster processor and maybe more RAM. People need more than that to drop minimum $1k.

side note - please Apple, please include a fast charger in the damn box. It’s 2019, the phone is at least $1k and I get a 5W charger? Stop it.
Just FYI, Apple doesn't scour internet forums looking for tips to improve their products. Try communicating with them directly.

Reactions: citysnaps

az431

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
So, still no Pencil support? Honestly that's the only thing I care about.
Pencil support. About as likely to end up on a future iPhone as a headphone jack.
[doublepost=1563499584][/doublepost]
The most boring update in many years.
You do know this alleged mockup didn't come from Apple right?
[doublepost=1563499729][/doublepost]
I really don’t care what the back of a phone looks like. I spend 100% of the time looking at the front of it. My only wish is it didn’t have a bump. It makes no sense to have a camera lens so prone to being scratched.
Makes perfect sense given that the percentage of users who don't use a case is somewhere around .0001%, and it ends up flush with a case.
[doublepost=1563499836][/doublepost]
I think we are gonna see our first major decline in sales of the iPhone. Its not the design of this one, its just that the market is significantly saturated, its expensive to upgrade and what most have is good enough. It doesn't take much to post a comment on Macrumors, upload a picture Facebook or IG or make a tweet or even watch a YouTube video.
You can do all those things with the original iPhone. So much for that argument....
[doublepost=1563499920][/doublepost]
Now that's the funniest post in a long time.

Reactions: profets

applebro

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2012
Only way i'm 'upgrading' to that hideous thing is if it has usb-c so that I can just carry around 1 cable instead of 2 lol

TonyRS

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2017
An iPhone XSS is not what I expected from a company with a quarter TRILLION dollars on hand and its cash-cow product line's sales "dropping at a record pace," but I guess there's always the Mac product line...

lol

ersan191

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2013