Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theotherphil

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2012
Still no tab or section in the App Store for previous downloads. Why’d they remove that?

I’d love to switch of that god awful bar under messages. oh, wait it’s bugging out and disappearing haha.

In App Store, click your profile pic in the top right of the screen and you'll get a menu presenting "purchased" as an option.

ArcAngel66

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
What is happening with the UI...

It's like looking at my parent's phone in terms of accessibility settings, but with a more "kiddy" feel. Not to mention control center definitely removes all context of whatever you were doing before bringing it up.

Do we need giant bold font telling us what app we just opened? Especially when it takes up 1/3 of the screen.

Were people confused before, assuming that they couldn't already tell they were in the messages app through common sense, by the (still bold) title in the center of the screen?

Now... we are at this:

http://wccftech.com/ios-11-beta-vs-ios-10-visual-comparison/

Control center is going to be unusable by so many people. My parents can hardly understand it in iOS 10 (they have a flashlight app still, for example, rather than using control center).

upload_2017-7-24_23-23-16.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-20-58.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-23-57.png

upload_2017-7-24_23-22-28.png

stevegsy

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
Is anyone having an issue with WatchOS beta and the iOS 11 beta where the companion app icons in layout settings don't show? I.e. Weather etc.. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling other than restoring watch.

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
London
Apparently, the current day Apple doesn't give as much thought to their UI's details as they do their hardware. While one guy is tweaking a micro-detail such as the line thickness on the WiFi symbol, another is screwing up the Reminder app's icon so that it doesn't resemble the actual app's layout therein. Why are the completion buttons on the righthand side of the icon?

View attachment 709948
You don't bother reading the articles, just go straight to the comments
[doublepost=1500969534][/doublepost]
"Letting". Hahaha. Women don't need men to let them do anything. Archaic sexism.
I beg to differ, in Saudi Arabia, a very progressive country by the way, women need the permission of their husband to drive a car or leave the house.
The western world will hopefully catch up soon !

Vjosullivan

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2013
The Emergency Pokemon Go button, on the screenshot, is a useful addition. I wonder if there'll also be a similar Emergency Angry Birds button. I'm surprised that they've been overlooked for so long.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
In App Store, click your profile pic in the top right of the screen and you'll get a menu presenting "purchased" as an option.

I remember when the iPhone came out, one of the beauties of iOS was it was just so intuitive - with no previous experience, you could just pick up the phone and be using it within minutes. But now this seems to have gone out the window, stuff's hidden away so unless you're the sort of person who hangs out on sites like this (and the majority of iPhone users aren't), then you're never going to find half these functions. I'm not saying things have to be 'Fisher Price', just simple, consistent and predictable - and not involving a learning curve. That's something I thought iOS always used to have over Android and Windows Phone, but I don't think it's there any more.

Reactions: McTool

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
pretty stable on iphones? been loving it on ipad pro...debating whether to install public beta on my iphone.

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
Glad they're finally copying Android's notifications management. Notifications on iOS have been subpar for too long.

What's changed? Looks like they've built back up to iOS 10's implementation (as is often the case in Betas).

Or is it just the swipe left to clear? I think the Mail app had swipe to delete way back in the early versions of iOS. Can't really see what they've copied (I sometimes miss the grouping by apps type - that would be nice to see again).

ConfusedChris

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2013
U.K.
Waiting for PB3,
I miss the the option to sort app feedback by Most Recent etc. I generally don’t want to know about 3 year old reviews before recent ones! I’m gonna file that one if it isn’t back.

Edit: As for the bold writing telling you what app you are in, I believe Apple’s reasoning is in one of the WWDC17 videos.

Cableboy1515

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2017
Ohio
Here's something to think about. While I hope that the new Touch ID screen in iOS 11 Beta 4 is for an under-the-glass Touch ID sensor, the placement of the icon would appear to line up with a Touch ID sensor on the rear of the phone. As if the icon were asking you to "touch here" on the back.

Hopefully, it's under-the-glass Touch ID, though!

Last edited:

PhoenixFireless

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2016
iCloud messages has been broken since beta 1/2ish and yesterday I figured I'd make an attempt to fix it.

Dumbest decision I've made;

I've updated to beta 4...which broke a few apps I use frequently.
WhatsApp didn't want to restore my chat backup, cleared imessages in the hopes of fixing it; that also didn't work. iCloud 2-step authentication codes won't send properly to my Mac....ugh

I'm fine with losing data so I figured I'd just do a clean install of iOS 10 after all this crap but then I realised my Apple Watch needs iOS 11.

'updated' back to iOS 11 beta 3...which fixes close to everything so far, beta 4...what a nightmare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.