Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
So far this year I've bought iPad mini 3, Apple Watch. iPhone 6s Plus, just ordered Apple TV so am not really looking to want to buy iPad Pro! I also have iPad Air 2 and this suites me fine. For anything bigger I have my MacBook Pro. Do you guys not think it's a bit big? I mean, if you want something that size why not get a MacBook Air or something? Just wondering?

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Do you guys not think it's a bit big? I mean, if you want something that size why not get a MacBook Air or something? Just wondering?

But sometimes that is better, using the Apple Pencil on the bigger screen will be great especially when drawing and writing. The big screen will also be great for watching movies, TV shows, Netflix and so on. Also multitasking with two apps side by side will be useful on the bigger screen.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
But sometimes that is better, using the Apple Pencil on the bigger screen will be great especially when drawing and writing. The big screen will also be great for watching movies, TV shows, Netflix and so on. Also multitasking with two apps side by side will be useful on the bigger screen.

Stop! I don't want to want one!:cool:

Reactions: Apple2007

t1tan

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2015
USG Ishimura
Space Grey 32GB Wi-Fi + Smart Cover

I'm still "using" an iPad 2 if you can call it that, usually it ends up back on the dock out of frustration and I move to my phone or iMac. Was hoping for an Air update to upgrade this year, but I'm going to try the Pro even though I don't expect to like the size difference, hopefully I'm wrong.

Hellenek

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
I plan on getting the cellular 128Gb with Apple pencil, smart keyboard, and silicone back case.

Was planning to upgrade my 2011 MBA to the MacBook but that will now take a back burner as my iPad Air 2 usage is 95% of my computing time.

My current iPad stays on as a handy information consumption machine but the iPad Pro will become the primary machine for my creative work and running my business and consultancies. In preparation for this I'm currently switching my files to the iCloud Drive instead of the MBA hard disk.

Really good stuff ahead!

Reactions: Apple2007

rwp

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2015
LA, CA, US
128GB Wifi Space Grey + Smart Keyboard + Apple Pencil for me. I don't have a need for cellular due to tethering from my iPhone 6. I intend to pre-order as soon as it is an option and hope that I get it before Thanksgiving week. >fingers crossed< The Logitech Create for iPad Pro also looks interesting -- definitely want to check it out when more details are available.

I intend to use the iPad Pro as a laptop replacement. I am going to set up a new Mac Mini as a file server at home, mostly for media, and otherwise try to have all my other documents local on the iPad or in iCloud Drive. The Mini should also be able to handle occasional CD ripping/burning and device firmware updates. I am optimistic that the iPad Pro will handle the remainder of my general computing needs, while also granting new capabilities due to the Pencil, and large touch-friendly screen.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Im super confused why the massive fascination with space grey. Personally, i cant stand it. My least fav of the colours.

Ha! I'm the same with anything 'other' than space grey! Love the black bezel. Takes all sorts eh?

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
Im super confused why the massive fascination with space grey. Personally, i cant stand it. My least fav of the colours.
I'd imagine it's because it's the only one with black bezels.

But I do like my golden Air 2 very much.

engineerben

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Greenville Tx
I'd imagine it's because it's the only one with black bezels.

But I do like my golden Air 2 very much.
This.

I looked at the white bezels for my iPad 2 back in the day, but didn't like 'em.

But with the Air and now the Pro having thinner bezels, I may have to rethink...

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
Definitely 128, LTE, Space Gray, Pencil, but not sure about the keyboard.. Have to see the Logitech keyboard..

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013

I don't like the grey back either, but after having a silver Air 2, I want to go back to black bezels and don't have any other option. I want, specifically, a 128GB Space Grey, don't want the keyboard and don't need the pencil.

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
Space Grey 32Gb plus pencil here. The pencil is half the reason I'm buying this, annotating A4 PDF files should be a big part of the use of this device. The other for me is music scores, which only needs a big screen. I bet I'll be watching TV on it through Air Video and other ways too.

I might go up on the space if the price jump isn't too serious -- not announced here yet... But 32Gb should be fine for a well-managed machine that doesn't need to store movies.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Space Gray 128GB w/LTE, Pencil and Smart Keyboard.

I plan to make it my main "computer" and sell my MacBook Pro. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Centris 650
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.