iPad Pro Which one for educational purposes?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 3xpl0it, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 3xpl0it, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017

3xpl0it macrumors newbie

I'm considering to buy an iPad Pro 10.5" or 12.9" (64 or 256 gb still don't know yet) for educational purposes.
    Also the Apple Pencil to write notes.

I want to use my iPad for Math, Biology, German (I'm from Germany) and other subjects.
    Is the 'normal' Note-App in iOS 11 sufficient enough to manage all the subjects? Or are there better Apps?
    Because that's where I want to use my Apple Pencil to write/annotating in handwriting instead of using a keyboard. Like if I'm writing on a normal notebook with a pencil.

Are there also other Apps to work more efficiently?

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

I think a 12.9” is too big for carrying around a school or university.

3. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Huh? It fits in the most minimal of bags. I have a Staad Attaché from Waterfield Designs and it's incredibly portable.

4. 3xpl0it thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys. And how about the storage? And the school stuff?

5. KrisLord macrumors 65816

Surely the 10.5 is more portable though? If the iPad was all you were carrying then it wouldn't matter too much. But if you've a case and maybe text books I think the smaller Pro is a better option for true portability.

6. SB-MBP Suspended

SB-MBP

10.5" all day for the perfect size. The 12.9 is more of a studio fixture in my opinion.

Also, if I was you I'd not want too large a screen as others could watch what you're doing so easily. Because iMessages / personal things you do in between lectures in public might just be too precious to share that easily.

3M offer a good screen protector that stop this regardless of screen size but are costly at around £30. That's IF you feel this might be an issue.

People tend to look at my uni when someone uses fancy Apple stuff like a gold MacBook or iPad Pro and it could make people jealous or try to steal in some cases. Particularly if you're in first year and the idiots haven't been weeded out yet..

Best of luck