Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I'm happy as a clam! I got my pre-order in today, I'm happy with my 5s right now, and I have a BlackBerry Q10 for a change of pace when the mood strikes me. :D

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I was waffling between ordering the 6+ from Verizon or Apple. Even though it took 45 minutes to get the order in I'm glad I went the Apple route since I should get the phone 9/19 (I don't trust Verizon's ship dates!) I had a mini panic 15 minutes in when the Verizon site shipping estimate jumped to mid-October :eek: I'm :cool: today though.

Vladislav

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
So I keep seeing neurotic threads about people worrying that their ship date isn't accurate, the carrier said there might be a problem, etc. Others are neurotically checking the orders page or calling the carrier to create even more things to worry about.

So who here is actually just happy and relaxed that they got their preorder in? Personally, I couldn't be happier. I got the size and color I wanted, then I got the confirmation at the end of the order and an email confirmation that both said it's arriving on launch day. :cool:

Let's all just take a breath, have a beer, and relax a bit. What do you say? :)

good for you to say, you getting yours on launch day. My delivery will be somewhere in the middle of october :mad:

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I'm feeling very content and grateful (and excited) considering I accidentally fell back asleep when I was supposed to be getting ready for the pre-order but luckily woke up 3 hours later and got lucky enough to get 7-10 days on the 6+ 64GB with T-Mobile.

Expected to have it arrive October 1-6 which is much better than some of the dates I've seen on here. :D

niki.t.bowden

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2014
I'm worrying about essentials, like, does one year's usage account for the $54 I paid for this Otterbox case? Shipping dates, piffing plates.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
I am happy and relaxed. I shall wander down the to local apple store at 5pm the evening before and queue up over night chatting to people,drinking beer and watching movies just knowing that i will get the phone of my choice at 8am the next morning:)

Hope you're a happy drunk lol.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
I have no regrets over my choice as I really want the 6+ and the 3-4 week shipping is not that big of a deal.

I'm happy.

jediuia

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Well I was happy and relaxed until you said there might be reason not to be.

I have 9/19 on apples page. so I hope they are the most reliable.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
I have to +1 this thread. I mean seriously, a lot of these threads have people saying "mine won't ship till the end of September, I'm gonna cancel the order and lineup on opening day."

You already have a phone guaranteed. Someone didn't get a chance to order online with a decent ship time, and they'll have to line up, but now you're gonna make their wait in line even longer? Get real.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
...Sometimes it actually can be better to have someone else make decisions about what should work best...

Sorry, but no. Look up "personal responsibility". At no time is giving up your ability to choose "better". This is the kind of thinking that enables dictators, despots and fascists. Never ever ever give up your freedom. Ever. To anyone.

Hitch08

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
I'm a little disappointed and embarrassed at the same time.

Got up just before 3:00 am (Eastern) to get a 6+ 64GB, space grey. Couldn't get the Store App to work for me. Ended up with a "reservation" and went back to sleep.

Completed the order on Friday and I'm in the shipping in 7-10 days camp. Delivery will be between Oct. 1 and 6.

So, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get first day delivery and I'm a little embarrassed that I'm disappointed.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I've had the flu for the past two days so I've got no choice but to chill out and relax. I can't be too happy or I'd have to change my screen name here!

I'm a mix of excited about the phone itself and disgruntled that hubby and I are stuck with October and November delivery dates respectively thanks to AT&T. Hubby is suitably disgruntled about that as well. So all is as it should be in the Grumpy household.

nyc2pdx

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Portland, Oregon
It is amazing how focused people are on a phone. I'm happy I got what I want, and I'll have it on launch day. First for me. I have nothing to be upset about and know that I have never had a bad experience with apple. It's why I develop for them exclusively and lead a pretty stress free life. I'm good.

CMan0928

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Boston
Went to order at 3am Friday morning on the VZW website. Saw that Verizon was charging me $40 to upgrade. I cancelled the order faster than you can blink. I'll wait and see what Samsung comes out with next. I hear the S6 is gonna be an all metal design similar to the recently released Alpha. We shall see. Apple just didn't wow me enough with the specs on the 6 to preorder or upgrade at this time.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
I get a kick out of both the angst & the excitement. The next week here's gonna have plenty of both. :D

I'm relaxed. Confident in my choice and chilling while I wait for the Oct. 7 delivery date to roll around. If something went wrong w/my order or Verizon shipped the week of Sept. 22 (while I'm away on vacation) I could move to the angst category & provide some entertainment. :eek:

Looking forward to all the excitement of next week.

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
My delivery date isn't until Oct 1-7, so until I get my 6 plus, I wont be happy. But I am excited. And its the excitement that is killing me. I have some screen protectors coming next week, and a case.

I played with a case at the att store today and I think that the 6 plus will be a good size. Even my fiancé, who thought at first the 6 plus was too big, is now considering a 6 plus

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I am one of those people that stayed up and ordered early, preordered the phone I wanted (plus, 128gb, space grey), and it's coming the 19th. However, I'm taking my wife and kids to Disney World on the 18th celebrating our 20 year anniversary, and when I get back, I'm on a plane to San Francisco to the Oracle Open World conference. I'm happy that I got my preorder in, but more excited to spending time with my wife and kids on vacation... and the Oracle Open World appreciation party on Treasure Island over my future iPhone 6+. Definitely happy, and looking forward to a relaxing time away from home. When vacation and the conference is done, then I have something else to look forward to... finally opening my iPhone 6+ box. :)

egeek84

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Northern California
I'm much better now. Preorder night I was like anxious like hell and was worried I wouldn't even be able to order one, let alone get one on launch day.

Luckily, I was at least able to order one with the 7-10 day eta.

I was kinda delerious and antzy yesterday from the lack of sleep but much better today and relaxed and not as amped up about it as I was last couple days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.