Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reddead

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
iam planning to get ipad 2 from india in a few days,so will these new stocks will have bleeding and microphone problems....
by the way ipad 2 lauched in india on 28th march...

JeepGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Barrie
Its an issue for some. But for many of us, we do not take out an electron microscope to scan every nanometer of the iPad, looking for a flaw.

I agree, it seem some people are never happy. Mine has very slight bleeding, and that's if it's in a dark room at full brightness, all other time I don't notice it, and my wife who uses it more than I has never mentioned it.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
I agree, it seem some people are never happy. Mine has very slight bleeding, and that's if it's in a dark room at full brightness, all other time I don't notice it, and my wife who uses it more than I has never mentioned it.

Sheesh . . . how many times can this be said in one forum? Let's trade. I'll take your minor back light bleeding iPad 2 for my light gushing unit. Cool?

JeepGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Barrie
Sheesh . . . how many times can this be said in one forum? Let's trade. I'll take your minor back light bleeding iPad 2 for my light gushing unit. Cool?

If yours is truly gushing then yes I would take it back, but there are some people who are also trying to return negligible units. My brother is one of those people.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
If yours is truly gushing then yes I would take it back, but there are some people who are also trying to return negligible units. My brother is one of those people.

Jeepguy, I'd be interested in your opinion. Take it back or be happy I have an iPad?

crapolla.jpg

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
The sad thing is that's how most of the iPad 2's look and some people here are saying that is normal. It's not normal and Apple needs a fix.

If most of them look that way, then how is that not normal?

I'd say the viewing conditions required to get a picture like that are not normal (dark room, backlight on but nothing on the screen).

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
The sad thing is that's how most of the iPad 2's look and some people here are saying that is normal. It's not normal and Apple needs a fix.

In my opinion this should be the norm.

pad4.jpg

Unfortunately for me this unit had some funky pixel issues. Dammit!

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
If most of them look that way, then how is that not normal?

I'd say the viewing conditions required to get a picture like that are not normal (dark room, backlight on but nothing on the screen).

Really? I use my iPad mostly at night. Very little ambient light in the room. Sometimes no lighting. I watch TV that way and movies on my flat screen. I suggest looking at the last picture I posted. that's a real iPad there. I'm willing to say it should be what most people find in there unopened iPad 2 boxes. By the way, the picture is setup this way to see this easily. This bleed can be seen on almost brightness level. Then again I can stay away from anything that might show it. :rolleyes:

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
Really? I use my iPad mostly at night. Very little ambient light in the room. Sometimes no lighting. I watch TV that way and movies on my flat screen. I suggest looking at the last picture I posted. that's a real iPad there. I'm willing to say it should be what most people find in there unopened iPad 2 boxes.

What I'm saying is that it's not normal to look at a blank screen (reading comprehension here) with the backlight on in the dark. So take a picture of it in that low/no-light condition with something on the screen. That would be way more helpful.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
What I'm saying is that it's not normal to look at a black screen (reading comprehension here) with the backlight on in the dark. So take a picture of it in that low/no-light condition with something on the screen. That would be way more helpful.

Don't insult me. I'm setting up the picture to show it easily to you guys. Except crap if you like but don't blame me for wanting better. Did you pass on the picture I posted of a decent screen?

mack pro

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Why? Because Apple owns them. Any other product with such a defect would be unacceptable but their love for Apple blinds them to reality.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
Don't insult me. I'm setting up the picture to show it easily to you guys. Except crap if you like but don't blame me for wanting better. Did you pass on the picture I posted of a decent screen?

You should return your iPad 2 if you find the screen unacceptable. How simple is that?

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
Why are people still buying iPad 2's if every one of them has light bleeding issues? I really wanted to get an iPad 2 but I have seen the pics and realized almost every iPad 2 has light bleeding issues.

Is this a non-issue for people still trying to get an iPad 2?

I believe the answer is because 95% of iPad2 purchasers do not notice (or perhaps do not care about) the light bleed and do not read these forums. ;)

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
No, I mean return it, as in get your money back. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is something other than sanity.

Ah so Apple is selling a faulty screens. That's good to know. I can either except it or move on. I have to agree with your assessment.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
Ah so Apple is selling a faulty screens. That's good to know. I can either except it or move on. I have to agree with your assessment.

Faulty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd sure prefer to have a screen with zero backlight bleed, but some bleed is not a deal-killer for me or I suspect for most people. I've had several LCD devices from several manufacturers with backlight bleed and it never bothered me more than just a little.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
Faulty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd sure prefer to have a screen with zero backlight bleed, but that's not a deal-killer for me or I suspect most people. I've had several LCD devices from several manufacturers with backlight bleed and it never bothered me more than just a little.

I'm not looking for zero. I'm looking for an acceptable screen. As a matter of fact if what you see in the iPad I posted disappeared at 50% I'd be happy with the unit even though I prefer my brightness a bit higher. Anyway, I'm going to decide if I keep or sell.

dabomb665m

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
Sheesh... I have no idea why there are so many people with the "world revolves around me syndrome" on this forum. Like Vidpro, I'm also someone who has seen 5+ iPad2's.

The fact is, most iPad 2's have bleeding. In fact, I was actually contacted directly by apple corporate after I emailed Tim Cook since I'm literally minutes away from the cupertino apple headquarters. Long story short, I sat there and opened 5 iPads with a corporate rep (they insisted) and they ended up taking all 5 back directly to Apple HQ.

Now... if most iPad 2's have bleeding and we can agree that bleeding on the level shown in the iPad 2 is not normal in LCD's, then we must agree that there is an ISSUE. I don't care if some people "can live with it" or "think's it's ridiculous". Arguing whether someone else should keep their iPad and stop whining is so juvenile and illogical solely due to the fact that you do not have the other person's iPad OR EYES.

The fact that Apple is now exchanging "brown box refurb units" that exhibit almost ZERO light bleeding at any brightness shows that they actually acknowledge the bleeding as a problem. Whether you want to live with the problem or not is a whole other discussion. If you are someone who can live with it, more power to you. But don't try to equate your "non issue" with the light bleeding to the iPad 2 having "no issues".

I'll repeat: iPad2 has light bleed issues at the chinese manufacturing plants.
Just because you don't have an issue with it does not make the above statement false.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Sheesh... I have no idea why there are so many people with the "world revolves around me syndrome" on this forum. Like Vidpro, I'm also someone who has seen 5+ iPad2's.

The fact is, most iPad 2's have bleeding. In fact, I was actually contacted directly by apple corporate after I emailed Tim Cook since I'm literally minutes away from the cupertino apple headquarters. Long story short, I sat there and opened 5 iPads with a corporate rep (they insisted) and they ended up taking all 5 back directly to Apple HQ.

Now... if most iPad 2's have bleeding and we can agree that bleeding on the level shown in the iPad 2 is not normal in LCD's, then we must agree that there is an ISSUE. I don't care if some people "can live with it" or "think's it's ridiculous". Arguing whether someone else should keep their iPad and stop whining is so juvenile and illogical solely due to the fact that you do not have the other person's iPad OR EYES.

The fact that Apple is now exchanging "brown box refurb units" that exhibit almost ZERO light bleeding at any brightness shows that they actually acknowledge the bleeding as a problem. Whether you want to live with the problem or not is a whole other discussion. If you are someone who can live with it, more power to you. But don't try to equate your "non issue" with the light bleeding to the iPad 2 having "no issues".

I'll repeat: iPad2 has light bleed issues at the chinese manufacturing plants.
Just because you don't have an issue with it does not make the above statement false.

MacRumors should make everyone read this post before allowing one to post on the iPad forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.