Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00master

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Most of what you wrote is coming in the new iphone, the Pre doesn't even have some of what you wrote so how are they forcing Apple to modernize? The other stuff you wrote is subjective and not the norm which is why the iphone has the industry's highest satisfaction rates, where the heck is Palm on there, langusishing close to the bottom. :rolleyes:

No it's you that's insecure, nonsense.

I'd love for you to point out my insecurity. Seriously I would. I have not commented on the Pre, merely commented on how insecure this whole thread is and how it's so plainly obvious on the insecurities of extreme Apple fanboys.

Some folks just can't take the truth.

:rolleyes:

W00master

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I'd love for you to point out my insecurity. Seriously I would. I have not commented on the Pre, merely commented on go insecure this whole thread is and how it's so plainly obvious on the insecurities of extreme Apple fanboys.

Some folks just can't take the truth.

:rolleyes:

W00master

No, they sure can't. It's quite sad, really. Fanboys are not a good thing. Apple needs both competition and criticism from their own customers to make things better. If everyone was a fanboy with their head shoved up their arse and no one complained about the lack of 3rd party apps, and no MMS and C&P, we never would've gotten those. If Apple thought that everyone just loved their iPhone the way it is, they'd have no reason to improve upon it as long as their are still fanboys willing to wait in line for a week for the new iPhone. It's not the fanboys who rave on about how great the iPhone is that make the iPhone better, it's those of us who bitch and complain about what the iPhone doesn't do that make it better.

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
The point is we shouldn't even NEED MMS at this point. MMS is 2003 technology. Every phone *should* have email with push at this point. Texting is old tech.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
The point is we shouldn't even NEED MMS at this point. MMS is 2003 technology. Every phone *should* have email with push at this point. Texting is old tech.

The only problem is you really need a data plan for email on a mobile phones and most people don't want to pay extra for it.

Email on phones is great and I use it all the time on my iPhone but probably 90% of the people I know don't use it.

They all have MMS.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I know most of what I said is coming in 3.0! But it took them two entire years to add basic features to the so called 5 years ahead of anyother phone. I own an iPhone 2G meta back and all. Apple claims the hardware in it won't support MMS or Stereobluetooth because it's too old. Funny thing is if I void my warrenty and Jailbreak it I can get those features. Video recording is also coming on iPhone. Even though my $600.00 phone has the required hardware, then want me to buy the new one.
My point is it took Apple 2 years to add basic features to it. And to Fatboy I meant Fratboy, the issues that the Pre has also were on the iPhone. Even on iPhone 3G, Apple second attempt.
I reallylove Apple products, but when people try to make it sound like apple is a angel and that the competers suck. It pisses me off.
Apple's iPhone still has issues that Apple hasn't fixed. Trust me, people will start bitching about the new iPhone when it shipps or announced.

Types on my Apple iPod touch 2G 8 GB

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
i agree.. BUT WHEN will palm do it.. users might not be willing to wait for things to run smoothly when they can just return it and get an iphone that already does all the amazing stuff they were promised

Apple took quite a bit of time to make all these firmware updates to fix a lot of things. My guess is that Palm will do it much faster because they don't want their customers switching over to iPhones.

iArrudaG

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2009
LOL

every one of those flaws have risen with the iphone as well

seriously people, the iphone is no better in terms of mishaps:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but, when did the iPhone have problems with email, over-heating, and copy and paste (which isn't even available)?

Links please?

Goona

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
I know most of what I said is coming in 3.0! But it took them two entire years to add basic features to the so called 5 years ahead of anyother phone. I own an iPhone 2G meta back and all. Apple claims the hardware in it won't support MMS or Stereobluetooth because it's too old. Funny thing is if I void my warrenty and Jailbreak it I can get those features. Video recording is also coming on iPhone. Even though my $600.00 phone has the required hardware, then want me to buy the new one.
My point is it took Apple 2 years to add basic features to it. And to Fatboy I meant Fratboy, the issues that the Pre has also were on the iPhone. Even on iPhone 3G, Apple second attempt.
I reallylove Apple products, but when people try to make it sound like apple is a angel and that the competers suck. It pisses me off.
Apple's iPhone still has issues that Apple hasn't fixed. Trust me, people will start bitching about the new iPhone when it shipps or announced.

Types on my Apple iPod touch 2G 8 GB

When is video recording coming to the Pre?

MacDaddy901

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2008
Apple took quite a bit of time to make all these firmware updates to fix a lot of things. My guess is that Palm will do it much faster because they don't want their customers switching over to iPhones.

Take a look at Palm's history of updating its products and it doesn't look very promising. But that being said, the Pre is in a whole different class of its own, so we will have to see. My guess is that Apple will still deliver updates to it OS faster than Palm.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Hahaha the iPhone also has all of those problems, and that failed didnt it.... oh wait, no it didn't.

Your logic is flawed. Every device has problems in the early days. In fact, every device has problems no matter how long it's been out, but more so in the early days.

YOUR logic is flawed.

This Pre is launching 2 YEARS after the iPhone and marketing laughable C/P as one of its features, while the iPhone is going to PROPER get tomorrow.

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Yes, except you must pay extra for MMS as well. Yes, Sprint's Everything plans include it, but you're paying extra for those plans above the voice-only plans as well.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Pre's Biggest down side is actually its biggest upside.. Multi tasking. You can do so much on this device, however the battery life cannot handle it. Keeping 2 or 3 apps open will kill battery life, aswell as phone performance.

I usually refrain from personal comments, but this has gotten truly ridiculous. I've been doing embedded multitasking for a quarter of a century.

Steve Jobs puts the entire industry back 20 years every time he uses some lame excuse for why HIS device doesn't have something.

Then his Kool-Aid drinkers lap it up, and repeat the nonsense without a clue as to what they're talking about.

fratboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
It's different in the UK, they're just included with your plan or come off your credit if you are on PAYG.

Its also included in ALL att messaging plans .. so that guy doesnt know what he is talking about

iArrudaG

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2009
Just a couple of random links from Google.

Email

Overheating

And not having copy and paste for the last two years was a problem in itself.

Your links show those problems on a very small scale. The e-mail problem only happened to a select few and was fixed with a small change to settings. The over-heating link wasn't even about anybody with an over-heating problem. It was just geared towards showing that apple had implemented a warning screen if the iPhone ever over-heated. However, if you read the comments one person had a problem with this after leaving their iPhone in their car. As for copy & paste, I completelly agree with you. Copy and paste is a feature that should have been implemented since day 1. When Scott Forstall (or however you spell it) was asked about why the iPhone didn't have c/p after his March 17th keynote he replied with, "it wasn't that easy, there were security issues" or something along those lines.

Basically what im saying is, with the problems you mentioned it wasn't on as big of a scale as with the Palm Pre. It seems like every new owner of the Pre is having some sort of issue with the phone.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
When is video recording coming to the Pre?

Other iPhone issues include light leaks, dead zones on the touch screen, stuck/dead pixels, dead home buttons, depressed sleep wake buttons, not reading sim card, and silent ringer swich falling off.
If you go to Apple's own Forums, and search, you will see people saying thatthe phone sometimes gets to hot to touch and burns them.
So The Pre has issues JUST LIKE THE JESUS PHONE!!
I know some of you die hard Apple fanboys are in shock that the iPhone actually had issues. Hey, remember July 11? Mobile Me epic failure, 2.0 issues App crashing, activation issues with the iPhone 3G and iPhone?

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
I'm sorry but, when did the iPhone have problems with email, over-heating, and copy and paste (which isn't even available)?

Links please?
Push email drains the batter fast and there is no search in the email.

Just like the Pre...

One time, when driving in Maryland, I had the iPhone 3G plugged in to the car charger and was using the GPS to try to not get lost.

The phone got so hot, I got scared, and turned it off and put it in front of the AC vent.

And copy and paste?

Well, it doesn't have any iteration of it yet.

So yes, the iPhone 3G had its problems.

But it is a year older than the Pre and not really a fare comparison.

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
So the Pre isn't the "iphone killer" the investor from Palm was proclaiming? :eek:

I don't recall Sprint or Palm saying the Pre was going to be a iPhone killer. I must have missed that. The only people I know who keeps talking about iPhone killers are people on iPhone forums.

I was in WalMart today and they had a Pre demo on display. The Pre in the hand does not feel like it has the quality that the iPhone has. It fit the hand well and seemed like it would be easy to text on plus I think it would be able to take more abuse than the iPhone because it doesn't have the glass face but it still felt like a low end phone.

This model of the Pre is not going to be an iPhone killer but I hope iPhone's competition keeps trying to produce an iphone killer. Competition increases quality and lowers prices. This is not only true for the devices but it includes service providers. Capitalism is a beautiful thing for the customers.

Warning to the fanboys. The odds are there will one day be an iPhone killer so don't get bent out of shape when it happens. No one stays on top for ever in a competitive enviroment. Not long ago there use to be a number one company called GM.

In the mean time I'm waiting on the new iPhone. I want one now.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I usually refrain from personal comments, but this has gotten truly ridiculous. I've been doing embedded multitasking for a quarter of a century.

Steve Jobs puts the entire industry back 20 years every time he uses some lame excuse for why HIS device doesn't have something.

Then his Kool-Aid drinkers lap it up, and repeat the nonsense without a clue as to what they're talking about.

BS argument, isn't it? My MacBook's battery life drops when I start doing some multitasking on it, should Apple limit it to 1 app open at a time? :rolleyes:

I don't need a company to babysit me with my phone. If I want to open 50 apps and kill my battery in half an hour, why shouldn't I? I sit at a desk all day at work and can keep my phone plugged into a power source if I need to, so why should Apple say that I can't multitask due to battery life?

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
It seems like every new owner of the Pre is having some sort of issue with the phone.

Care to cite sources on that? That's a broad statement to make. If you're referring to that message board then that's not really a representative example because those who frequent boards are typically looking for help with some kind of problem.

Goona

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009

So Steve Jobs controls the industry?

Goona

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
Other iPhone issues include light leaks, dead zones on the touch screen, stuck/dead pixels, dead home buttons, depressed sleep wake buttons, not reading sim card, and silent ringer swich falling off.
If you go to Apple's own Forums, and search, you will see people saying thatthe phone sometimes gets to hot to touch and burns them.
So The Pre has issues JUST LIKE THE JESUS PHONE!!
I know some of you die hard Apple fanboys are in shock that the iPhone actually had issues. Hey, remember July 11? Mobile Me epic failure, 2.0 issues App crashing, activation issues with the iPhone 3G and iPhone?

So the Pre doesn't do video?

Goona

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
I don't recall Sprint or Palm saying the Pre was going to be a iPhone killer. I must have missed that. The only people I know who keeps talking about iPhone killers are people on iPhone forums.

I was in WalMart today and they had a Pre demo on display. The Pre in the hand does not feel like it has the quality that the iPhone has. It fit the hand well and seemed like it would be easy to text on plus I think it would be able to take more abuse than the iPhone because it doesn't have the glass face but it still felt like a low end phone.

This model of the Pre is not going to be an iPhone killer but I hope iPhone's competition keeps trying to produce an iphone killer. Competition increases quality and lowers prices. This is not only true for the devices but it includes service providers. Capitalism is a beautiful thing for the customers.

Warning to the fanboys. The odds are there will one day be an iPhone killer so don't get bent out of shape when it happens. No one stays on top for ever in a competitive enviroment. Not long ago there use to be a number one company called GM.

In the mean time I'm waiting on the new iPhone. I want one now.

I guess you must have missed this from one of Palm's biggest investors:

http://www.techtickerblog.com/2009/03/07/palm-investor-iphone-users-will-switch-to-pre/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.