Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
I have the same blemish. I also noticed it surfing this very forum. It bothers me a bit but I thinks it probably within normal tolerances for a display. Heck, every tv in my house has its own unique anomaly in the screen.

I have a genius appointment today for my 6, it has an issue that needs to get looked at before I sell it. I'll mention the blemish on my 6S+ and see what they say.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I have the same blemish. I also noticed it surfing this very forum. It bothers me a bit but I thinks it probably within normal tolerances for a display. Heck, every tv in my house has its own unique anomaly in the screen.

I have a genius appointment today for my 6, it has an issue that needs to get looked at before I sell it. I'll mention the blemish on my 6S+ and see what they say.
Yea keep us posted on that...I would be curious what they say.

Chicki

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
Really? It's obvious to me on almost every page with white background; it is extremely distracting when scrolling through contents to see a shadow there.

If I paid $1200 CAD on a phone, I am going to exchange the hell out of it before I get a perfect one. Perhaps Apple should tell those factory workers to smarten up with their quality control.

100% agree. For 1200 I don't see myself accepting a flaw like that. Praying when my plus gets here today it doesn't have the issues I've seen here

Reactions: rgarjr

Silver Idaten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2015
Stratford, CT

I'm curious what they have to say, too. I actually typed out a letter about my feelings on Apple quality control, and told my story about the Air 2 and now the 6S Plus and emailed it to Tim Cook. I doubt he'll read it, though.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
My screen is awesome! My Air 2 screen is great too. I do see what may be a hint of a pressure point in the lower left corner but it's so imperceptible that I can't believe anyone would notice during normal use unless they're crazy. I literally have to stare at my screen hard for a prolonged period of time to try to find it, and even then I'm not sure it isn't just my mind playing tricks since I'm looking for it. It's that minor. Maybe some have it worse.

This. I had to stare at the screen for several minutes to see it, and even then I was wondering if my mind was just putting the image there because I was looking so hard

Yeah it's technically a "defect" but seriously, I'm not returning my 6s plus for that, just to wait several weeks to get another. I think a little perspective is in order here.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
So title says "pressure point", does this issue show up/ get worse with pressing the back/edge of the phone?

Silver Idaten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2015
Stratford, CT
So title says "pressure point", does this issue show up/ get worse with pressing the back/edge of the phone?
Not from what I can tell, no. I called it a 'pressure point' because I don't think it's an issue with the backlight of the screen, but rather a component is slightly pressing against the screen.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Thanks a freaking bunch now I can't take my eyes off it
I hear ya....Didn't notice the slight faintness on mine until I started poking around the forums and once you see it you always look that direction. Sometimes these threads are a bad thing to come across...

Reactions: bruinsrme

bogie66

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Following, I thought I was seeing things, till I read this post. It's very noticeable when scrolling through webpages. Other than that, don't really notice it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.