Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
This entire thread is pathetic.

Guns?

Fast Food?

$1000 phones getting stolen? How about $2,000 macs that are worth way more since they do not need activation, etc.

You have all lost touch with reality. Fox news loves you.
How's reality in cities that tightly restrict guns like Chicago and DC do? HuffPo loves you.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Apparently mr members are all tough guys in real life :rolleyes:
Right, everyone who owns a gun does so to be a tough guy. Project much?

And you're concerned about security but seek to ridicule those who take steps to be more secure. What does that make you?

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Apparently mr members are all tough guys in real life :rolleyes:

I'm not a tough guy which is why I carry a gun for protection.

I'm not schooled in the arts of unarmed weapon disarmament or multiple attacker survival. I also have knees that don't love to run from my years of snowboarding.

Carrying a gun has nothing to do with being tough as much as it does saving your life if you ever need to. After all, I'd like to live long enough to see the iPhone 20 at least.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I'm not a tough guy which is why I carry a gun for protection.

I'm not schooled in the arts of unarmed weapon disarmament or multiple attacker survival. I also have knees that don't love to run from my years of snowboarding.

Carrying a gun has nothing to do with being tough as much as it does saving your life if you ever need to. After all, I'd like to live long enough to see the iPhone 20 at least.

Haha fair enough :cool:

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I am doing a store pick up this friday... not to be paranoid, anyone else concerned with the issue of getting jumped if someone wants to steal the phone from you? walking from the store to the parking lot is a long walk.

I'm having mine delivered, but nope. Not worried at all.

Also, I think owning a gun is great for productive, eligible citizens.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Don't let fear rule your life. Think about how many people walk out of the Apple Store with a new iPhone and make it back home just fine. Enjoy launch day! :)

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
This entire thread is pathetic.

Guns?

Fast Food?

$1000 phones getting stolen? How about $2,000 macs that are worth way more since they do not need activation, etc.

You have all lost touch with reality. Fox news loves you.

Yes. Phones getting stolen is a concern. Tell me why there is so much hooplah about phones needing a "kill switch".

I'll save you the time. Because they are the most bang for the buck as far as stolen property goes. High demand, easy to transfer, and easy to reconnect for use.

That's reality.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
No, if somebody wants to rob you, they will. They aren't going to check to see what model phone you have first. They aren't the type of people that would care.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
i have to do a dry run to see the closest to the parking lot. although i doubt it, parking lot will be packed.

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Oh the things I'd love to do to the person who would try to rob me...
*smacks lips Heath Ledger Joker/Hannibal Lecter style*

wilky76

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Wigan
Here in the UK smartphone muggings are on the up, it's mostly kids & women that are getting mugged by the smackheads & underclass scrotes/chavs because they easy targets.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Educational thread. What could be scarier than the prospect of an attempted iPhone theft amidst the chaos of so many frenzied iShoppers? Hmm… How about the prospect of half of those frenzied shoppers being armed with a lethal weapon? Glad I preordered!

Oh, and glad I live in Australia. ;)

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
Just carry around something that you could defend yourself with for a week or so after release. I doubt anyone will target you and it's always best to try and run if you're facing a close range weapon like a knife, but carry something that could deter them long enough to run. If facing a gun, try and determine if it's real but I would give up your phone if facing severe harm like a gunshot wound. Never enter into a conflict unless you're sure to win e.g don't stab the guy unless it's life or death and you're sure he doesn't have a concealed gun...

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Educational thread. What could be scarier than the prospect of an attempted iPhone theft amidst the chaos of so many frenzied iShoppers? Hmm… How about the prospect of half of those frenzied shoppers being armed with a lethal weapon? Glad I preordered!

You can never stop people from doing crimes no matter what you do and where you are. I preordered but I didn't want to wait until October so I opted for pickup on release day.

Just carry around something that you could defend yourself with for a week or so after release. I doubt anyone will target you and it's always best to try and run if you're facing a close range weapon like a knife, but carry something that could deter them long enough to run. If facing a gun, try and determine if it's real but I would give up your phone if facing severe harm like a gunshot wound. Never enter into a conflict unless you're sure to win e.g don't stab the guy unless it's life or death and you're sure he doesn't have a concealed gun...

Good points bruh

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas

What would be even more educational would be examining the minuscule amount of harm (and the rate thereof) caused by those with licenses to carry concealed compared to the population at large.

One scarier thing would be to have my family threatened with no means of defense.

And violent crime rates in Australia are essentially unchanged since before the buy back, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.