A thread for those who actually love the iPhone 8/8+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4ppleg1rl, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Geert76 macrumors 65816

a life lesson for the majority of American people :p

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Supersize me.

3. Burky84 macrumors newbie

Really digging my new 8 plus but today a found a spec of dust under the camera lens!

4. deany, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017

deany macrumors 68030

deany

5. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Why bring negativity to a thread for this who love this device?

6. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

I've been using my 8 for two days now and I absolutely love it! Coming from a 6 Plus, it's so quick. Everything feels instantaneous in comparison.

The taptic engine is strangely addicting, I find myself using things like 3D touch just to feel the tick :p

It may look like my old iphone but it feels like a completely new experience. No regrets whatsoever.

On a side note, this is my first iPhone that's perfect right out the box. Somehow I always get a faulty phone but this thing is just flawless!

7. Fthree macrumors 6502a

I ALMOST picked up a 8+ and by almost mean i was in the apple store 256 iph8+ on the table getting scanned and i had just shut off my find my iPhone on my iPhone 7 (NOT 7 Plus) ready to turn in (I'm on the apple upgrade program) then I asked the associate if it was too late to stop the transaction and he said no so i wimped out. I REALLY want to try out the bigger screen i know its basically unusable with one hand but am reasoning with that in my head. Anyone go from a reg 7 to a 8+ please give me some sort of info on the pros and cons that you've seen!

8. fsumom macrumors regular

My daughter received my 6s for her birthday present and so I upgraded to an 8+. I thought I would have a difficult time getting used to the size but I love it so far.

9. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

That’s awesome :)

I absolutely love mine. Soooo happy I upgraded.

10. PBz macrumors 68000

PBz

Betas aren’t for everyone but SHAZAM iOS 11.1 is nice. Fast. It’s what iOS 11 should have been. Call crackle gone. Stupid fast. Battery life seems good. Light use today but off charger at about 8:30 AM & it’s 10:30 PM I’m at 72%.

I loved my 6S+. The 8+ is my new favorite.

11. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

Finally went today and got myself the 8+. I had the iPhone 7 and had the 6s+ before that. I thought I'd be happy with the smaller screen but now that I have the 8+, it seems more suited for me. I thought of waiting for the X but then again, I don't know how I would feel if I had to look at the phone all the time to unlock it. For now, I'm happy with the 8+.

12. wba1990 macrumors regular

wba1990

I think this may be my favourite iPhone ever!

I had a 6 Plus when they came out, and this just feels so much better!

13. dawnrazor macrumors regular

dawnrazor

Before the announcement, I felt I was certain to go for an X. Afterwards however, I wasn’t exact,y blown away by the X and the 8+ was nice but not awesome either...

So I decided to keep my 6plus, which is rock solid and does everything I need it to, until I can’t upgrade its software or it dies. And I spent my money on a new iPad Pro instead, which I use way more then my phone...

Having said all this if my 6plus died tomorrow... I think I’d seriously consider a 7plus over an 8plus...

14. BlueAquarian macrumors member

BlueAquarian

I absolutely love my 8 plus. I came from a 6s and this is my first plus phone and wondering what took me so long. It's beautiful, fast and the camera is great. It's better than my go pro4

15. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

If that Dust comes to the point where it's obtrusive or you find it annoying, Apple will replace your iPhone entirely . So it's something to consider if need be.

16. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Reading comprehension problems?

17. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

DO IT. I went from a 7 to an 8 Plus and the bigger screen is glorious and I'm really enjoying the dual cameras. Sure it's not for one handed use but it's not bothered me.

18. Burky84 macrumors newbie

Ya I’ve been reading that I could get it replaced, just nervous if I bring it back I’ll get one with some other issue that is more of a big deal lol other than the spec of dust on the camera lens this unit is pretty flawless! How long would I have to exchange it if I wanted to?

19. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

If you're outside your 14 day return policy, typically they will issue you a warranty replacement device. But they might make an exception depending on the circumstances and who you talk to.

20. Burky84 macrumors newbie

Oh ok, ya I’m still inside the 14 day window

21. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

Very happy with my 8 Plus. Upgraded from a 6 and love the bigger size; fits better in my hand and I can see it better. I had installed iOS11 on my 6 and it slowed it way down. Sprint had a deal where I could upgrade, get the 8 Plus and pay less than I was paying for service before, so, for me it was a no brainer....

22. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I went from the 6 to the 6s Plus and have been on Plus ever since. 7 Plus and now 8 Plus, although I did try a 7 for a while.

If you're into your media, Web browsing, or just like things big and clear (e.g. the keyboard), the Plus is an awesome experience. The big display is incredible for photos, videos, games, films... everything. Not only is it bigger, it has a much higher pixel density than the 4.7-inch models and (to top it all off) is even super-sampled. That means that the image is actually rendered at a resolution higher than 1080p (the native res) and downscaled, which results in a wonderfully detailed and smooth image.

That's the thing that bothered me most when I tried the 7 again. The lower pixel density of the display looks pretty bad when you're used to the Plus.

On top of all that, you're getting the best battery life and the best camera. You'll get used to the bigger size quickly and you'll probably love it.

Also, iOS 11 includes an awesome one-handed keyboard mode, quickly selected (both left and right) using the keyboard switcher (globe icon), which will be available if you have the emoji or other extra keyboards on. This has solved my only complaint about the Plus models, one-handed typing.

In summary, if you use your iPhone for a lot of stuff like I do, you'll really enjoy the benefits that the Plus brings. If you're a light user who prefers one-handed use most of the time, the regular size is better.

23. Fthree macrumors 6502a

Amazing post thank you! Here’s my rationale the iPhone 7 has been my favorite so far. I’m toying with the idea of getting the 8+ the only issue is that I won’t be able to return and get in line for the X if I wanted it (I’m on the apple upgrade program) I’d have to return it and get the reg 8. Which isn’t an issue as I’m really not excited about the X anyway honestly. And if I don’t like the plus I can honestly say that I would probably not like the bigger x either and the 8 would be perfect as I love my 7. The 8+ would be more of a trial and hope I LOVE but would take away my X option this year. Ideas?

24. 4ppleg1rl thread starter macrumors regular

I went from Galaxy S7 to 8+ and occasionally use the 8+ with one hand, just have to readjust your grip and make use of reachability.

I’m loving it so far! It’s heavier and obviously took a little time getting used to but it’s so normal to use now, I couldn’t go back to a smaller screen!

To put things into perspective I’m a 5ft girl with teeny tiny hands and it’s not as difficult or awkward to use as I thought it’d be so

25. staggerlee41 macrumors regular

staggerlee41

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of this feature until you commented on it. I'll give this a shot.