Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
This article wasn't very clear, do they mean the iPhone 8 specifically will only have three colours or all of them including the iPhone 7S? The first three lines are confusing.

ALL 2017 iPhones, previously they were only saying the iPhone 8 but new report today they are saying it will apply to all of them

Reactions: 69Mustang

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Buy "a Type-C power adapter" for fast charging!!!!

Buy Bluetooth AirPods if you don't want to use 3.5 adapters. Charge with lightning -> USB type-C macbook.

Seems a bit stupid for a $1000 iPhone!!

Why. If Apple included the power adapter and AirPods it wouldn't be a $1K phone anymore, it would be a $1,2K phone (assuming base is $1K). Personally, I rather Apple just sell the phone naked with zero accessories and $35 less -- they won't do that because it's free money to them to include (and charge us for) accessories we don't need.

$49 is insane for the fast charger though. Prevents me from buying one for my iPad. Wish there was a reliable 3rd party alternative.

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
Gold, silver and black... sounds familiar

s8-colors.png

Will blue and light purple come to the 8s? Yes Apple was first with these colors, but the glass back and these colors is familiar with the S8
You mean the gold silver and black that Apple used before Sammy? Got it.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I like the new bronze/gold.

The current gold is just too flashy and tacky.
I agree. Though I wouldn't buy it, it's definitely way more classy than the cheap/fake gold.

Wish they would give us a navy/dark blue one. Kind of getting sick of constantly getting black but don't know if I could live with white.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Cue loads of people moaning when their £5 fake USB-C to lightning cable they bought on Amazon cos "there's no way i'm paying Apple's silly prices" doesn't fast charge the iPhone as it doesn't contain any of the extra circuitry required to negotiate the 29w rate which is why it costs so much.

Reactions: Glideslope

kyleh22

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2012
Baltimore, MD
....was hoping for space grey. Either way, I just bought a new battery and loud speaker for my iPhone 6. hopefully this puppy will last me another year. It still feels plenty fast and well equipped for my needs.

78Bandit

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
A bit difficult to get matte black on glass.
The Amazon Kindle Oasis has a semi-matte finish on the glass display. I don't see why the same technique couldn't be used on the back of the iPhone.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
They may not include a fast charger in the box? That's absolute B.S. if it turns out to be true!

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I'd like a midnight dark blue color...

But anyway, if supplies are genuinely short, they may as well price the iPhone 8 at some ludicrous $1000+, as they will still definitely sell every single one the factories can produce. So why not make a load of money?! Heck, price it at $1500. They'll still sell every single one. The board must love Tim Cook and his ability to make money.

I'm guessing prices will start over $1000 because Apple knows they will sell every one they make and have people waiting for more. If the customers want it they'll pay it. They will still offer the 7s and 7s Plus for the poorer folks, but the Apple brand has always catered to the rich folks so I expect most of the demand will be for the iPhone 8. You will probably have no problem getting a 7s or 7s plus on launch day.

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
It really doesn't matter to me the back color. I throw in a case day one and it stays there till the next model I get. In the past I have preferred the white front. Now, I'm waiting to see the top notch of the screen in white before I make a decision.
I’m slightly surprised to see color backs at all, but I’m positive all fronts will be black, and that there will be a dark mode by default on all software. Black pixels save a ton of power and they will take advantage of that. I also assume the device will be called iPhone 8, because 8 is a very lucky number in China. Oh, and they should release in only a very few key countries at first, then go wider as supply increases.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
I currently have a gold iPhone which is quite lovely. That mockup, if accurate, isn't gold - it's copper (and hideous).

A $1 trillion company can only make these colors? Really?

My understanding was the OLED was going to be Black, Silver, Copper/Bronze. That looks Copper/Bronze to me as well. :apple:

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
The black one in the article photo looks like a modern reincarnation of the iPhone 4.

No complaints from me on that - the iPhone 4 was my first iPhone and by far (IMO) the most beautiful one. The glass body and stainless steel frame, man, it was stunning.

Very excited for the new iPhone if it looks like the 4.

Reactions: Juicy Box

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Have to purchase a fast charging charger to get the increased speeds? Cmon Apple, surely that can’t be true. Every other manufacturer includes a fast charger in the box.

It's a good business move on their part. My Samsung S8+ came with the fast charge adapter, but Samsung isn't Apple. If Apple can make an additional i.e. $49.95 selling a fast charger on top of the price of the phone that's a lot of profit.

mmm1345

Suspended
Aug 8, 2017
At this point the announcement is less than a month away, so who cares about last minute rumors?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
At this point the announcement is less than a month away, so who cares about last minute rumors?

Are you serious? Have you read any of the HomePod leaks within the last week? Some of the biggest leaks and rumors surface this time of the year weeks before the September Keynote. I would say quite a few people care.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.