Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Adam should win. He sang really well last night. Kris missed a few words in the last song and struggled. "What's Going On" really bothered me too. His first one was great though. Kris probably will win because he's "cute". But based on those performances, Adam should win.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Adam should win. He sang really well last night. Kris missed a few words in the last song and struggled. "What's Going On" really bothered me too. His first one was great though. Kris probably will win because he's "cute". But based on those performances, Adam should win.

I agree. I try to listen to part of their songs without watching so I'm not influenced by their looks. I didn't enjoy "What's Going On" at all. IMHO Adam has a better voice. Kris is more mainstream, so he may win.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
And does it really matter who wins anyway? They've both already won in terms of career advancement. It might even be a career advantage to lose tonight so you're not tied into the contracts, producers, and that God awful single they wrote.
It doesn't matter, they all signed their lives away. Cowell owns them.

I think Kris was the better singer overall. I didn't watch much of the season but based on last night Kris was better.

I agree. I try to listen to part of their songs without watching so I'm not influenced by their looks. I didn't enjoy "What's Going On" at all. IMHO Adam has a better voice. Kris is more mainstream, so he may win.
I liked "What's Going On" what can you improve about that song. He sang it the proper way.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
It doesn't matter, they all signed their lives away. Cowell owns them.

True enough.

I think Kris was the better singer overall. I didn't watch much of the season but based on last night Kris was better.

Kris struggled with notes and forgot lyrics. I can't say he should win based on last night.

I liked "What's Going On" what can you improve about that song. He sang it the proper way.

You've never heard Paul Weller sing it. ;) Kris changed the melody too much. He should have left it alone. As it was- I had to agree with Simon.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
That single is horrible, neither of them should be forced to sing it. You can't judge either of the based off of that horrible song.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
On that we can agree. The single was horrible. Kara should be ashamed of herself for writing it.
It was great to see Simon rip into it. "I'm not going to judge you on that song but over the whole competition".

And could someone tell Paula to get out of the tanning booth earlier next time. When ever she opens her mouth I can see Simon about ready to strike her.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal

I think based on just the second performance of Adam, which was Idol worthy, he will win tonight. If Kris wins, Adam has nothing to worry about regarding a future in all forms of entertainment, including producing hit singles.

I so like Kris but I know his audience is smaller if he ever decides to break out of music and try broadway or hollywood. Adam has the potential of a Jennifer Hudson. Twenty five years from now, the only Idol contestants with either a Grammy and/or an Oscar, Emmy, or Golden Globe would be Jennifer Hudson and Adam.

I can't wait to see how America votes. My vote is with Kris. Tonight will be fun but I don't think it will be a nail biter like the Clay v. Ruben contest which had all of America talking, and even fighting. I do miss the excitement of Clay and Ruben because no contest, and this includes sports, had two so equally matched opponents. I think the Clay and Ruben contest was decided by less than 1/10th of 1 percent. I know Bush v. Gore 2000 was even closer, but many people simply didn't care, but the Clay-mates vs. the Ruuuuuben fans was the most passionate contest I have ever seen in my life. People seemed to put their feet into the shoes of Clay or Ruben.

I guess I have to say I like Kris because I am an everyday guy that is not flashy that happens to sing, play guitar, and play piano ... and I am short. :)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
It was great to see Simon rip into it. "I'm not going to judge you on that song but over the whole competition".

And could someone tell Paula to get out of the tanning booth earlier next time. When ever she opens her mouth I can see Simon about ready to strike her.

Oh god! She looked so scary! And kudos to Simon for ripping her terrible song.

Oh FYI- here's a live video of the Weller version of "What's Going On". I wish I could find a studio version of this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2puoj_paul-weller-whats-going-on_music

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I still think the Marvin Gaye version is the best.

I wish I could find another live version. I saw him do it live at The Vic Theater here in Chicago and it blew me away. It was right before the war in Iraq started (no- I promise no politics), so it was especially meaningful.

And honestly- that's a song Danny would have done far better with. I wanted him to sing it Motown night, and he didn't. :(

Qwertylizer

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
Europe
I also think that Adam is going to win. He has totally charmed all teens. (who practically decide the winner with their phones)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Really? I see the opposite, Kris has the teeny boppers swooning. My wife voted over 300 times for Adam last night (I gave him about 2 dozen additional votes) :eek:

The teenage girls especially like Kris, I'm sure. I think it's gonna be close and I think Kris could win, but it would be nice if the one who was a little different won for a change, ya know?

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008

I actually had to leave the room because his voice grated on me. But I did like some stuff he did a week or so ago.

EDIT: To Lee's comment below—I don't even remember his first song, but I do remember it was sung well.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
The teenage girls especially like Kris, I'm sure. I think it's gonna be close and I think Kris could win, but it would be nice if the one who was a little different won for a change, ya know?

wtf? where have you been all these weeks!!! ;)

The girls worship Adam as if he were a Jonas brother. Kris has a look many girls love, but Adam is the latest crush for many a young girl. Adam is, in a way, this year's Elvis to the girls.

Remember how Sanjaya made girls cry and stuff? Adam has that type of an effect on many, many girls.

Anyway, in my day, there was this pop singer named David Cassidy that the girls were crazy over. While minimally talented, it was his look and overall package and performance. Adam has all that, and talent. But at the end of the day, when selling to young girls, talent does not even matter. It's the look as you can tell with Jonas brothers, Zakk Effron, and Adam. Someone talented like Taylor Hicks can sing his heart out, but he will never capture the demographic with young girls like Adam has.

Sometimes a look for the "girls" can initially make you a star, but hide your talent. Just ask Peter Frampton, perhaps the best guitarist since Jimi Hendrix imho. Thankfully, Frampton now looks like a frog who lost his hair and many a non musician now know what all us hard core guitarists knew all along, that he can play that guitar like few ever did who picked one up.

Another popular artist who got noticed for his looks, especially by the girls, but not his talent (until after he was dead) was the late, great Jim Morrison.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
My wife and sisters as well as her sisters put in a combined 6000 or so votes for Chris last night.

I cant stand that Adam guy, cocky sumbitch isn't he!

SLC

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
What happened during the Black Eyed Peas performance? Was something censored? :confused:

Um, Kara! :eek: :cool: :D
Heh. Kara flashed a little suttin suttin. And yes Fergie must have let something slip. They went to a safety shot.

Wow Cindi doesn't look bad for 60 :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.