Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
If you are viewing this webpage, does anyone see like a shadow around the notch? I think it’s my eyes but I’m not sure? Only see it on white backgrounds.
Do you mean the ears area right and left of the notch? On my XR, there was slight unevenness of backlighting making the right ear appear darker than the left, it was most noticeable on white or bright backgrounds. Not sure if that’s what you’re seeing on yours.

Reactions: sav_uk

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Do you mean the ears area right and left of the notch? On my XR, there was slight unevenness of backlighting making the right ear appear darker than the left, it was most noticeable on white or bright backgrounds. Not sure if that’s what you’re seeing on yours.

If you want to call them ears. I think it’s my eyes but it kinda looks like a really really faint shadow around the notch.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
I tried to capture it on my iPad, click on the thumbnails for the full photo..

E41283AB-FB58-40AD-8A58-37241A2C87C0.jpeg 6371CDDE-AB4B-4EC7-A78D-C6BA4E1C924C.jpeg

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
If you want to call them ears. I think it’s my eyes but it kinda looks like a really really faint shadow around the notch.

I see it on mine too. Pretty sure it’s just the effects of what they had to do to get the notch into an LCD screen. I went to the apple store and I could see it on all the display models too. I wouldn’t worry about it.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
I see it on mine too. Pretty sure it’s just the effects of what they had to do to get the notch into an LCD screen. I went to the apple store and I could see it on all the display models too. I wouldn’t worry about it.

That’s cool, thanks for letting me know :) it seems a lot worst on your photo though?
[doublepost=1542029226][/doublepost]
That’s the same one I got :)

It’s not bad, it’ll do till Apple launch theirs, if they make one anyway? Adds a bit of bulk but is nice and grippy I’ve found :)

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
That’s cool, thanks for letting me know :) it seems a lot worst on your photo though?
[doublepost=1542029226][/doublepost]

It’s not bad, it’ll do till Apple launch theirs, if they make one anyway? Adds a bit of bulk but is nice and grippy I’ve found :)

Yeah I feel like I’m able to be a lot less careful with the phone now it’s got this on it :)

Reactions: apolloa

Wyckham

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2017
Guys is anyone noticing Bluetooth audio playback dropouts using their XR? I’ve come from a 6s and this was rock solid, but every 30 seconds or so I’m getting a very quick drop of sound then it returns, it’s happening whenever I’m bluetoothed to my car or my AKG headphones and streaming from Spotify. I’ve tested Spotify direct out of the phone speakers and all is well, so a definite Bluetooth issue? What’s the consensus?

I am getting this same crap with my Xs Max. 8plus connects and plays music flawless.

2016 audi a3 :(

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
If you are viewing this webpage, does anyone see like a shadow around the notch? I think it’s my eyes but I’m not sure? Only see it on white backgrounds.

Ahh i can’t unsee it know. It’s more noticeable when the phone is laid down flat. Hopefully I forget about it. The notch is such an eyesore so I try to avoided it anyway lol.

sav_uk

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2018
I find the screen brightness a little bit uneven.But it could be OCD.

My screen is ever so slightly yellow at the bottom of the screen. It’s most apparent on white and light grey backgrounds such as the settings app.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
My screen is ever so slightly yellow at the bottom of the screen. It’s most apparent on white and light grey backgrounds such as the settings app.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

If mine is, it is ever so slightly. It's something I don't think I would have noticed and am not really sure that it is. My answer is a firm maybe . . . perhaps . . . I don't know. :)

Last edited:

user1234

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
Sweden
Technobuffalo reviewer claims the XR is full of bugs and problems:

Mine hasn't had any bugs. At least not any major ones. The weird thing is he tried to new phones and had issues with both. I have had two and no issues with either (had my first one replaced due to a stuck pixel).

Tortugatron

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2016
Having volume issues with mine. It is noticeably harder to hear at lower volume settings than wife’s X and my old pixel.

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
Having volume issues with mine. It is noticeably harder to hear at lower volume settings than wife’s X and my old pixel.

Are you saying that the sound at lower volumes is less crisp, more muddy, or are you saying that lower volumes produce less volume that the X or Pixel?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.