Apple Acknowledges Siri Leadership Has Officially Moved From Eddy Cue to Craig Federighi

Shalev

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2015
Good cue is a bloated overpaid douch.. So he is over Apple Music iTunes Store, maps... So in other words everything that now sucks at apple and needs to be better? Seriously fire him, I'd rather have Scott back than that grandad trying to get down with the kids! How utterly embarrassing he is to Apple
Exactly, all the garbage that was once the most attractive and best user interface is under this guy, apple music and itunes is a complete mess, no album artwork, terrible design with no separation at nothing, so hard to navigate and nothing make a common sense

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Put Bob Mansfield back on Mac Hardware Engineering and stick Jony Ive back on Industrial Design. The whole form before function of the mac has reached an unacceptable level. The newest laptops have compromises everywhere, all for the desire of being thin :(
Jony Ive isn’t responsible for hardware engineering.

kevinthebright

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2013
I don't have the slightest thing against Cue but the areas of Apple he runs are the worst for me, iTunes continues to be a horrendous junk show, iCloud has never felt reliable and conceptually ancillary to my desktop rather than integral and Maps just stumbles along. And i could care less about Apple creating content. I love the Apple TV but why not just give me agnostic control over my internet channels? There's too much content already.
All that being said, Apple Pay is the most brilliant thing Apple has done since the iPhone and he deserves that. It may be bigger than all of the other in revs soon enough too.

Ribitsch

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Good cue is a bloated overpaid douch.. So he is over Apple Music iTunes Store, maps... So in other words everything that now sucks at apple and needs to be better? Seriously fire him, I'd rather have Scott back than that grandad trying to get down with the kids! How utterly embarrassing he is to Apple
For me my Apple Music subscription works really fine
Don't know what you can complain about that

Wow, there are going to be some very pleased people here on MR today!

I wonder how that conversation went.
Cue asks Siri for something.

Siri replies: "I'm sorry master of the universe, but I'm Craig's girl now"

Cue: "What do you mean?"

Siri: "I don't understand what mean means but I found this on the web for what mean means"

Cue ponders for a moment and thinks "good riddance..." then cashes in another $8M in stock grants.

Craig looks at what he's been given and cracks open those special bottles of Romulan Ale he's been saving.

"Hey, what's the occasion?" asks Schiller.

"It's not a celebration. It's for medicinal purposes"

"Courageous!.. And best of luck!"

If one listens closely, they can hear the faint echo of Emperor Palpatine laughing in the distance.

Not so long thereafter, Admiral Ackbar utters his most quoted phrase.

All ;)

Last edited:

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
This forum hates Eddy and loves Craig. One of the reason often cited for why Eddy Cue is bad for Apple is Siri.

This news is golden!

jasonklee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2007
For me, Apple's lifeblood are its productivity and creativity apps. I've been very disappointed with Apple's infrequent updates regarding iWork and iLife as well as its pro apps. Now that I know Cue is head of these groups it all makes sense now. Why give this Hawaiian-shirt-wearing-bad-tango-dancing buffoon these responsibilities?

I want my productivity apps productive and my creative apps creative. My Mac and iPhone and iPad are not glorified video game consoles.

BB8

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2016
Cue is supposed to be the content and services guy who cuts good deals with the entertainment industry... except even that is a nightmare. Planet of the Apps and Karpool Karaoke are embarrassments. I really don't get why they keep him around other than iTunes legacy + being a nice guy.

Reactions: mkeeley

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Hopefully, Siri will soon be able to do what it should've been able to do years ago, which is to parse multiple commands and do them simultaneously.

For example, with my Hue lights, it drives me crazy that I can't say to Siri, "Turn the family room lights on and turn the office lights off". Siri has no idea how to handle that because they are two separate actions and it tells you, "Sorry, I didn't understand that action. Can you say it differently?" (which is not a helpful response at all if you don't understand why Siri isn't able to do what you're asking it to do). I have to issue two separate commands: "Turn the family room lights on" and then after Siri has done that, "Turn the office lights off".

Reactions: rbrian and Tjosansa
Siri, the first and the worst voice assistant.
Something like: "Apple is never first. Instead they wait and do it best." seems to want to go here... but just doesn't seem to quite work right.

"...but who has the most profitable voice assistant?" No, not that one either.

Something about Ford and faster horses? No.

Anyone?... Anyone?

Bueller?... Bueller?

All ;)

Reactions: WannaGoMac

Tjosansa

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2013
Eddy Cue seemed to think Siri was to say game scores all the time.
That is not was Siri should focus on! Good he is finally gone.

I don't like Eddie, but I admit things that he did make Apple more accessible to the no-geek crowd. I mean Apple is a brand that targets the lay people, not us geeks exclusively.
The story is that Cue was the one who was able to convince Jobs to roll out an iPad Mini. From my (albeit) individual perspective, iPad Mini vs. :apple:TV falls only second (tied for second) to my Mac in terms of favorite Apple product.

And yes, the holiest of holies product would come in third or lower on my own, personal list.:eek:

Love that Mini!!!

Reactions: GrumpyMom

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
That’s true. But also - sometimes Apple is wrong. What about the guy they hired for the Apple stores that sucked so hard?

Just look at his resume since the last years. It seems like a lot of the projects that Eddy has the responsibility for are serious lacklusters.

star_nerdy

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2017
Time for Eddy Cue to be shown the door. Too much ego, too little substance.
I agree. I hate that he promoted being Cuban and yet Siri absolutely 100% sucks at anything in Spanish.

Seriously, voice control was better at detecting musician names when it was built into the OS vs done on the network.

I can't tell you how many times Siri has failed to play Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Calle 13, etc. It's like damn dude, you presumably speak Spanish or at least know it's a thing.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

Gorms

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2012
UK
I predict this article’s comments section will not be good for Eddy’s ego.