Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
You just proved my point. Tim Cook's political views (liberal, homosexual agenda) have nothing to do with Apple the company. The purpose of a company is solely to make a profit. Apple is not too big to fail and Tim Cook is not the president of a country.
What is the "homosexual agenda" exactly, and how does it affect what he does at Apple?

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
You just proved my point. Tim Cook's political views (liberal, homosexual agenda) have nothing to do with Apple the company. The purpose of a company is solely to make a profit. Apple is not too big to fail and Tim Cook is not the president of a country.

You’re not following. If Apple cared so much about profits, they wouldn’t be so political.

You said the CEO is clueless. Their bank account says otherwise.

This is such an idiotic oportunist comment. Apple already overcharges a premium for their products, they have no point in "monetizing" their customers (whatever that means).

Apple makes money off the hardware so they don’t have to sell your info to other companies. What about this doesn’t make sense to you?

Last edited:

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
You’re not following. If Apple cared so much about profits, they wouldn’t be so political.

You said the CEO is clueless. Their bank account says otherwise.

Tim Cook inherited a gold mine. All he had to do was put it on autopilot. It was impossible to screw up but I think he just might do it. He assumes his customers are mostly liberals.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I have nothing against Tim (except that he isn’t Steve).
I am getting more and used to today’s Apple, the past is gone.
Not that I saw the program either...

I mean really, consider just a moment if Hairforce 1, Jony or someone else should’ve been CEO :eek:
Tim is and have been the right man for job, absolutely.

Nothing is 100% as we want things. And that is often what is positive for evolution.
We learn to see things differently.

I hope to be even more positive when iOS 12 comes :)

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Tim Cook inherited a gold mine. All he had to do was put it on autopilot. It was impossible to screw up but I think he just might do it. He assumes his customers are mostly liberals.

So he must not care about profits? You said yourself that he's alienating half his customers.

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
Apple is literally 2X as profitable today than when Jobs was alive and Cook was running the company in 2011 too.

Profit follows when you please your customers. Cook is doing a fantastic job with customers. They love Apple products more than ever if you look at satisfaction, loyalty, and overall unit sales.

Jobs was great, but remember, Cook was closer to Jobs than anyone and was picked by Jobs to run the company. Cook is a genius in his own ways.

"Profit follows when you please your customers."

Ceteris Paribus, but that's not the reality we live in. Cost cutting is also how money is made, doing more with less equals for more monetary gains than just an increase in sales.

"They love Apple products more than ever"

Is that why they are getting rid of the iPhone X and the iPhone XI will cost less? Or why HS isn't ready for primetime and people are complaining left and right?

"Cook was closer to Jobs than anyone and was picked by Jobs to run the company."

IDK, I'm pretty sure his wife and kids were closer... also, even Jobs got things wrong. Cook is in no way Jobs, and never, ever will be. And the company as it existed under Jobs no longer exists. It's becoming more and more a services company and NOT a computer company.

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchFromAfar

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Blah blah blah. Kook took a great computer company and turned it into a phone and toy factory.
No matter how profitable the company may be, it will still be a shell of what it once was.

Time to move on. Laptop and desktop computers are trucks.
[doublepost=1523138692][/doublepost]
Cook is in no way Jobs, and never, ever will be.

Steve Jobs didn't want Cook to be Jobs. Tim Cook doesn't want to be Steve Jobs.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
1) Historically, they have been.
2) His liberal stance doesn't seem to be losing Apple any money.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth

You don’t think Apple consider themselves a liberal company ? Any evidence to support this angle ? You think Tim’s “gayness” over rides his business acumen ? Really ?

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
You don’t think Apple consider themselves a liberal company ? Any evidence to support this angle ? You think Tim’s “gayness” over rides his business acumen ? Really ?

Smart CEO's know better than to get political. Look at Trump going after Amazon because of the Washington Post and Bezos' political stance. Politics and religion are hot topics and don't mix with business.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Smart CEO's know better than to get political. Look at Trump going after Amazon because of the Washington Post and Bezos' political stance. Politics and religion are hot topics and don't mix with business.
"Don't mix business and politics, except for Trump, who is a businessman who got into politics."

Reactions: MrX8503

appleofmyibook

macrumors regular
May 31, 2016
Tim Cook needs to keep his mouth shut about politics, and get Apple back in the right direction of building excellent hardware. They are only a consumer electronics company now. Dell, Microsoft, or HP may be getting my next computing dollars.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out! You and all your friends need to get new material or just move on from Apple. They don’t owe you anything. Go to Microsoft and enjoy whatever it does for you. You talk about Apple as if they should be answering to you. If they listened to people like you, there wouldn’t even be a Mac left for you to use today. The company is not the one you subscribed to under Jobs and it hasn’t been for years. Get used to it and if you don’t like it, then move the hell on.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
China didn't start out with so called extraordinary skills. You went there and taught them these skills instead of doing that here in the U.S, because you were able to pay them dirt cheap wages.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read this week!
[doublepost=1523141594][/doublepost]

Holy smokes! That’s the second funniest thing I’ve read all week! A real knee-slapper.

What homosexual agenda are you referring to. Be very specific in your response.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrX8503

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Holy smokes! That’s the second funniest thing I’ve read all week! A real knee-slapper.

What homosexual agenda are you referring to. Be very specific in your response.

Part of Tim Cook's hiring was likely his sexual preference and liberal political stance. He was hand picked by Jobs. I don't think it was mere coincidence.

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
What the hell are you talking about? You think jobs gave a **** if any of his employees were gay?

Sure, Apple has obviously made itself political lately. Apple customers are probably skewed liberal although probably less than you would imagine. Part of the latest political movement is gay marriage (2015). Cook was appointed CEO of the #1 company in 2011. Don't be so naive. Apple has always been edgy, revolutionary, different, forward thinking or at least wants you to think that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.