Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
There is no good discrimination.

But the Nazi believed in erasing entire ethnic peoples from the planet. Nothing compares to that.

just a friendly FYI. Nazi's don't hold a monopoly on evil. There were (and are) some brutal dictators around the world who did similar / same stuff as Hitler.

They're all bad. All of them. The sad thing about having to correct you is how terrifying it is to think that there WERE EVENTS THAT COMPARE!...

sometimes humankind is terrifying

WRChris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Indiana
yes. there are. And your anecdote doesn't discount that it might have happened to you.

However, statistically, Black people do get the bulk of this attitude from police in many places. BLM demanding equal treatment under the law, doesn't suddenly mean you don't deserve equal treatment under the law either. If you believe some aspect of your socio-economic condition, race, creed, etc has led to unfair treatment by the police, or society, you too are encouraged to form your own group to champion equal rights. BLM should not feel like an affront to you. Do we all not want equal rights for all people?
Yes, we all want equal rights, for everyone. I know what the statistics show and I think that can be attributed to things other than race. Obviously, race plays a part.

BLM prolongs the racial divide, fundamentally. It's like they are saying there aren't enough whites in jail, instead of focusing on the ludicrous laws that put people there to begin with.

To say BLM is advocating for all people, would be false. So far they have just pointed the race finger.

Reactions: augustrushrox

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
I get the same negative reaction when pulled over. Oh, white 20 something in a flat bill? We need to get the dogs. Has happened to me more than once. I also get the where have you been, where are you going, interrogation.

Nothing to do with race.

Then unless it's the rap music blasting from your car, it must be your dark tan.

R.Perez

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle, WA
What Antifa has done in cities qualifies as domestic terrorism. Does destroying property in the scale that they have not qualify?

LOL, what are you on about? Are you confusing antifa for the black Bloc or something? At least what shut is before you post nonsense opinions about it. Antifa is anti-fascist. Their stated goal and organizing is around shutting down fascists and refusing to give them a platform for hate. Property destruction has nothing to do with it. I think you mean the Black Bloc, which is a different group with different motives, that in some cases overlap.

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
LOL, what are you on about? Are you confusing antifa for the black Bloc or something? At least what shut is before you post nonsense opinions about it. Antifa is anti-fascist. Their stated goal and organizing is around shutting down fascists and refusing to give them a platform for hate. Property destruction has nothing to do with it. I think you mean the Black Bloc, which is a different group with different motives, that in some cases overlap.
They have been classified as a terorrist organization by New Jersey. The only thing they want is to remove any opinions that don’t agree with theirs.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011

Can i give you a bit of advice. Don't use Toronto's BLM as an example of BLM. And don't use the Toronto Sun as a source.

The "Founder" of Toronto's BLM is a known racist. And her opinion is basically considered irrelevant to all but her faithful followers.
Which is a shame because Toronto does have a racial profiling problem, and the Toronto Police force will not back down from their carding program (which has been deemed racist by courts and international committees over and over again)

Reactions: Wondercow

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2013
Rent-free in your head
One crazy guy says something and all the racists come out to hold it against anyone that does activism under the BLM banner. How ignorant.
[doublepost=1502931306][/doublepost]

Again, learn the difference between antifa and black Bloc. Someone putting a title on a YouTube video doesnt make it so.
409290.jpg

That's your avatar. I wonder can you get any more ideologically driven than that? Pro-feminist? Queer positive? Anti-fascist?

Like dude why can't you just be an individual by making up your own mind. These endless labels are just hurting everyone including yourselves.

R.Perez

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle, WA
409290.jpg

That's your avatar. I wonder can you get any more ideologically driven than that? Pro-feminist? Queer positive? Anti-fascist?

Like dude why can't you just be an individual by making up your own mind. These endless labels are just hurting everyone including yourselves.

That's right.

1. I believe in equity so I am pro-feminist
2. I know that gender and sexuality have been fluid throughout history. I support everyone regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
3. I guarantee I'm more of an individual than you and don't buy into every piece of propaganda ever written about oppressed groups

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Yup, the Black Bloc are a bunch of angry and motiveless teens and young adults who will use any riot or protest as an excuse to cause chaos smash things up. They caused quite a bit of trouble in Toronto during the 2010 G20 protests. They're not really anti or pro anything, just a bunch of anarchy loving twits.

R.Perez

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yup, the Black Bloc are a bunch of angry and motiveless teens and young adults who will use any riot or protest as an excuse to cause chaos smash things up. They caused quite a bit of trouble in Toronto during the 2010 G20 protests. They're not really anti or pro anything, just a bunch of anarchy loving twits.

That's not remotely accurate but it's off topic to get into it. I suggest you read some Chomsky or Emma Goldman if you want to know what anarchists actually believe.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
That's right.

2. I know that gender and sexuality have been fluid throughout history. I support everyone regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
3. I guarantee I'm more of an individual than you and don't buy into every piece of propaganda ever written about oppressed groups
Oops, but you did by believing the narratives of the groups you’ve chosen to associate with.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
It's a slippery slope when Tim Cook starts deciding what is an acceptable purchase using Apple Pay.

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2013
Rent-free in your head
That's right.

1. You believe in equity? Don't you mean equality? Anyways, feminism has been shown to be a destructive and toxic movement. Look what it is trying to fight:
- The Red Pill Documentary screenings from being shown in cinemas
- Mainspreading on subways/buses
- Mansplaining
- The debunked gender wage gap
- Equal gender representation in corporate boards (for god knows what reason).

and a lot more of these pointless and ridiculous false talking points.
They are not for equality. They are for female superiority.

"I know that gender and sexuality have been fluid throughout history"

I mean that's just blatantly made up. I'd love to see some evidence for this.

"oppressed groups". My god every second word you're using is a buzzword for social justice warriors.... Get a grip on reality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.