Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamtheonlyone4ever

Suspended
May 27, 2016
already running stable :) but i found no option to use APFS File System, even in recoverymode no option to change or format the ssd.
i think that option still not available until next year, maybe i'm wrong, i just started downloading. one things is for sure you can't boot the os using that option, so it only works for secondary non bootable drives. that was the last time i checked

rnbwd

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2015
Seattle
I've been using sierra since the initial beta release, and the transition was nothing at all like El Capitan. It's not glitchy, it's seems more stable and secure, and I personally haven't experienced many issues. So if you're on Yosemite I can understand the hesitation, but for El Capitan - I see no reason not to upgrade. It's not like the last 2 times.

Reactions: ysr

Attirex

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2015
new gates to appear shortly related to following?

siri mac gate
apple watch unlock gate
desktop files on icloud gate
various bugs gate

Reactions: CB1234

rnbwd

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2015
Seattle
Edit - apfs is command line only, so no graphical interfaces to turn it on or anything in the recovery mode

Last edited:

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Been running the betas on my 11" Macbook Air and my iMac. No issues with either at all.
I'd say the Air actually got a little bit faster, and the iMac slowed down a bit.

L-U-R-C-H

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Just wish the auto unlock feature could be used with the iPhone. Guess they need another incentive to buy an Apple watch. I'm sure the next MacBooks will have the ability to auto unlock with an iPhone... which if that does end up being the case, will make a lot of people upset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.