Apple Shares Three New Ads in 'Switch to iPhone' Campaign

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 29, 2017.

1. JungeQuex macrumors regular

Cue all of the whiny crybabies cherrypicking as to why Android is somehow preferable to iOS, only to be countered by whiny crybabies listing the reasons why iOS is preferable to Android. People have preferences, the end.

Hilarious commercials, regardless.

2. PizzaBoxStyle macrumors 6502

I expected lame... but I think they did a really good job with all three of these!

They went for creative and illustrative (instead of trying to make me cry, etc). Reminiscent of the Apple of old.

Hope this campaign does well for them.

3. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Wish I lived closer to you I'd let you try to hack into my S8. If you think you can get into it before it wipes itself clean after too many tries. Should be a piece of cake right? Then I'm sure you'll just go right through the Knox into the secure folder right? You should find someone with a locked and encrypted modern Galaxy phone and give it a try if it's easy.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Aww cute widdle corporation so nice for "sharing" these ads.

5. otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

You still haven't answered to me how the 7's security improvements trounce the 6s. Or any of my other questions, for that matter.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Respectfully, I disagree with a few things in your post. The stereo speakers sound Phenomenal and it's impressive with the range and clarity when using them for music and calls. I have zero hissing or distortion. And neither does my other iPhone 7. The stereo speakers are much improved over my 6s.

The battery has improved. With the efficiency of the A10 fusion processor and deleted 3.5 Jack, both models are reported with two additional hours. (Which will vary based on how one uses the iPhone.) The 7 Plus has very good battery life and I have never been in a situation where I needed to charge.

Some never use cases with the iPhone colors and that argument could made about any Phone color with using a case.

The dual camera is exclusive to the Plus model. But I have been fairly impressed with it. Cameras between other models are so close in comparison, they all produce fairly impressive photo's.

I will say low light could use improvement for the iPhone 7, but it's not horrible by any means.

7. sofila macrumors 6502a

sofila

So, as you're speaking on behalf of Tim Cook , did he enjoyed his breakfast this morning? And did the rest of MacRumors forumers slept well last night? Isn't your iPhone good enough to ease the weight of the burden you're carrying?

8. jcphoenix macrumors member

jcphoenix

These are great ads. Simple, direct, and visually clever. Not speaking as an Apple user, but as a fan of great marketing.

9. otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

Think I was stuck with a lemon whose only defect was the speaker? I often use it because I spend a lot of time on the move and lodging in hotels. To my experience, the iPhone 7 speaker is louder but audibly worse.

Regarding battery life, I honestly haven't experienced an improvement.

You proceed with conflating features between the regular and Plus variant. I cannot comment on that, as I do not own a Plus of either gen.

Nowhere did I mention the word "horrible". Only that i found it a non-upgrade compared to the 6S. I'd personally consider it a downgrade, given the missing audiojack.

10. polterbyte macrumors 6502

polterbyte

Considering the target audience for these ads, they are spot-on.

11. a0me macrumors 65816

a0me

It just shows that moving your contacts from Android to iPhone is a smooth process.

12. Gav.Winters macrumors member

Perfect bite-sized ads for this ADD generation. Will anyone really switch because of these though? I feel like they should be focusing more on showcasing features than denigrating Android. Surely the flagships don't lag anymore than the the iPhone.

13. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Let me guess - you aren't actually sure what all those word mean. The "open systems" and "application platforms" that "can be built" by "hackers".

Because it usually works the other way. Proprietary systems are seen and understood by a selected few. Open source systems can be modified and scrutinized by many.

I believe my phone that I keep up to date, running almost pure Android with encrypted storage and tightly managed permissions is a pretty safe device.

14. 544263 Suspended

true ... but, i i've had no troubles migrating my contacts from iOS to Android either.

what's coming next year: placing a phone call is possible with a $1400 iphone? ;-)

15. mi7chy, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

These videos aren't very convincing.

Security? Is Apple forgetting The Fappening and how private pictures of people's orifices leaked all over the internet?

Contacts? On Android it automatically saves to the cloud so you never lose them unlike iOS where lost contacts is a common occurrence.

People want to see modern design, better hardware, overhaul the dumbed down iOS, competitive services, etc. No one is even considering until the new iPhone comes out.

16. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I used the word horrible, not you (Which I never insinuated otherwise) . And your theory about "Being stuck with a lemon" is a general assumption on your behalf and nor did I insuate anyone else not experiencing Issues. I was strictly commenting my experience with the 7 Plus (And my contradictions to yours) and I think it's blatantly obvious your far fetched exaggerated fervor on this thread towards Apple is quite understated, let alone your noted frustrations from previous threads you seem to regularly banter on.

That said, anything positive I say about the iPhone or Apple, you will refute with exacerbation and snark. Again, I was just sharing my positive views on the iPhone 7 over yours, which is not superior, just my experience with both models and every other iPhone for that matter. We both have opinions and it doesn't change any facts, it's a discussion. Moving on.

17. otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

I'll bypass the ad hominem and focus on our subject. You refer to the 7plus, which might indeed have an improved speaker performance compared to the vanilla 7.

I clearly mentioned my comparisons are limited to the 6S and 7 through extended side by side use.

18. WBRacing, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

WBRacing macrumors 65816

What things make it absolute junk? If I had to choose between my 6S and my Pixel, the 6S will lose. It's not even close when it comes to day to day usability and convenience.

Still I suppose, if telling yourself it is absolute junk makes you feel better.

19. Mr. Skeleton macrumors member

Mr. Skeleton

"Whats different about it?"

Proceeds to lists all the cons.

Being real objective, aren't we?

20. otternonsense macrumors 65816

otternonsense

It's not about lists, it's about the experience.

21. rp2011 macrumors 65816

rp2011

Yeah not lying to myself makes me feel better

22. 6foot5foot Suspended

MacRumors are so preoccupied in "reporting" irrelevant, repetitive shyte, that they're EXTREMELY behind on what's new at Apple (which is a huge irony, considering this site was once a very Apple-centric news site, whereas now it's just a splattering of repetitive drivel.) These videos were shown LAST TUESDAY on TWiT's "MacBreak Weekly"

What a shower you are, KEEP UP! :D

23. Cycling Asia macrumors regular

Just shows how super awesome his Windows phone is.

24. 6foot5foot Suspended

Gosh, aren't we supercilious today!

25. DevNull0 macrumors 68020

You may not be lying to yourself, but keeping your eyes squeezed tightly shut so you don't see what's out in the market isn't doing you any favors.

You're right though, it may well make you feel better. As they say, ignorance is bliss.