Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CompletelyApple

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Let's forget about what Apple "usually does". Apple usually releases an iPhone every June/July, but obviously that didn't happen. So we need to be open to anything at this point.

This isn't realistic by any means, but who's to say that Apple won't send out invites tomorrow and have the event by Thursday or Friday? It's "unusual" for Apple to do this, of course. But, I'm looking at all possibilities here. even if chances are slim.

and GM doesn't HAVE to be released right when the keynote happens. Although it has been that way before, things can change. especially this time around.

Whatever is going to happen, I just wanna be able to pre-order the iPhone 5 by September 30th and have it by October 7th.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Let's forget about what Apple "usually does". Apple usually releases an iPhone every June/July, but obviously that didn't happen. So we need to be open to anything at this point.

This isn't realistic by any means, but who's to say that Apple won't send out invites tomorrow and have the event by Thursday or Friday? It's "unusual" for Apple to do this, of course. But, I'm looking at all possibilities here. even if chances are slim.

and GM doesn't HAVE to be released right when the keynote happens. Although it has been that way before, things can change. especially this time around.

Whatever is going to happen, I just wanna be able to pre-order the iPhone 5 by September 30th and have it by October 7th.

People are having a hard time being open to anything this year and assumptions are being made based on previous years.

Ayman250

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
USA

I agree fully however most people are just excited and really wishful.

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Fall begins on my birthday?

Wow, 42yrs of living on Planet Earth and I never knew fall started on my birthday.

Just goes to show you never stop learning.

longtimelurker

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
SW US
all mobile me mail gone

So does part of the transition to iCloud include the elimination of all mail in Mobile-me? Happened to my account this past week. :confused::confused::confused:

igazza

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
earth
Wasn't there 2 GM builds for 4.0?
Apple please give 5.0 GM to developers, so ours apps can get updated in time. :)

DESNOS

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
Speaking of pirating, talk like a pirate day is September 19th! Don't miss it! :D Might have to plunder us some iOS 5 booty... Sorry, I couldn't resist.

EDIT: Now comes the interesting part: Vote down for no sense of humor, vote up for otherwise. Lets see how it goes!

Last edited:

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Fall begins on my birthday?

Wow, 42yrs of living on Planet Earth and I never knew fall started on my birthday.

Just goes to show you never stop learning.

It is either 22nd or 23rd. This year it is 23rd. So, you were born on the northern hemisphere automnal equinox when the day and night are approx equal length. I assume you are a well balanced person :)

wilymon

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I just found out that today that our local Apple store closed for remodeling and reopens on the 22nd. I'm sure it's coincidence, since not EVERY Apple store is closing, but it seemed a bit coincidental.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
This is simply likely part of the iCloud QA procedure, to make sure that iCloud actually works with the GM. I'm actually surprised that there haven't been more iCloud resets. This likely has nothing to do the actual GM release date, and so people are again free to start pulling out random GM release dates from dark, moist places. :eek:

heisetax

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2004
Omaha, NE
Free Banners & Business Cards

I wonder who prints Apple's promotional material. Do they handle that in-house?

I can't see Apple sending their banner orders to VistaPrint! :D

Maybe one of these free business card companies also print free banners. Or maybe a division of Toys 'R Us, called Banners 'R Us make them.

----------

Question Arnold, why is this in the 'iPhone' forum?

Because the is the Post PC Era. Macs are just as irrelevant as Windows computers are.

StephenCampbell

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2009
Wait so, if I store backups with apple, that means that they can delete them anytime they want? Or make them unavailable for a certain period of time?

This is why I don't subscribe to any cloud stuff.

And this is why Apple is going to have to try much harder to convince the majority of the public that it's a good idea to have their backups in the clouds.

mijail

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2010
Wait so, if I store backups with apple, that means that they can delete them anytime they want? Or make them unavailable for a certain period of time?

This is why I don't subscribe to any cloud stuff.

And this is why Apple is going to have to try much harder to convince the majority of the public that it's a good idea to have their backups in the clouds.

Or rather that is why you should check the meaning of the word "beta" before you get into a beta testing.

burtba

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Interestingly I am right now downloading updates to 2 applications, 1 for iPhone/iPod and 1 for iPad and the updates notes say 'Adding compatibility for future operating system'. Which is good to know some app developers are obviously updating for IOS5!!!

Xystence

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
Interestingly I am right now downloading updates to 2 applications, 1 for iPhone/iPod and 1 for iPad and the updates notes say 'Adding compatibility for future operating system'. Which is good to know some app developers are obviously updating for IOS5!!!

I have noticed this on and off for the last few weeks. Although from what I understand anything built using the 5.0 code cannot be submitted yet, my guess is its just improvements to their apps for things they do not need 5 code to implement ahead of time.

Heres to hoping whenever all of this comes down we can start saving game saves to iCloud. Would make life so much easier lol

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I have noticed this on and off for the last few weeks. Although from what I understand anything built using the 5.0 code cannot be submitted yet, my guess is its just improvements to their apps for things they do not need 5 code to implement ahead of time.

Heres to hoping whenever all of this comes down we can start saving game saves to iCloud. Would make life so much easier lol

Most likely they've just removed bugs (incompatibilities) caused by the iOS 5 betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.