Apple watch battery- HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by josephhoward669, Apr 16, 2019.

1. josephhoward669 macrumors newbie

I have an original apple watch- 42mm stainless steel. The battery is quite bad as of now, and i am looking to replace it. However i cannot find a battery replacement anywhere. Also the adhesive has gone bad because the screen does not stick down. I have been hunting for new adhesive and a battery with no luck. I have found parts for the series one apple watch, and series two however. Will these parts fit on my original one? If a series 1 apple watch battery will fit then I will be very happy. My speciality is fixing Iphones so I don't know what to do or where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated- my apple watch is just collecting dust on the side as of now...

2. Relentless Power, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you purchase Series one Apple parts (Battery and display) for your first GEN watch, they will fit, because the dimensions are exactly the same. I don’t see any reason why the Series one display wouldn’t work if you properly attach the ribbons to this display. As for the adhesive, I know other members have used a ‘very strong glue’ that you can purchase from a store, but I would make sure it’s a clear type of adhesive.

I believe the Series 2 battery is slightly larger over the Series 1, that likely will not fit.

But honestly if it was me, why waste your money on a battery and display, chancing if this repair may or may not work properly, when you likely could purchase a Series 2 Apple Watch in ‘good condition’ for a used price.

3. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

This ^^^^.

Don’t waste your time. If it works it will still be slow beyond use and won’t support watchOS 5.

4. josephhoward669 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. Thank you. Looks like its time for an upgrade! ;) Much appreciated!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 17, 2019 ---
    Sad...but true. Still looks nice tho. Will look at upgrading very soon. Thank you.