Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Cnn news report Tim Cook political approval: -80 percent.

As Apple protestors are front of Apple HQ yelling and screaming, here is one protestors says about Tim Cook. "He's a funny man ...haha ... Very funny man...hahaha," says the mystery mouse who happened to own Disneyland. "Gee golly...I thought he was gonna update my Mac Pro. Haha gee golly" says goofy.

Reactions: MH01

Renzatic

Suspended
Attacking people who attack you is not interventionist.

We have no business being in Iraq, Syria and Libya which is what gave the world ISIS to begin with. You don't get to create a monster, then claim victory by trying to kill it.

True, which is why everyone supported the war in Afghanistan.

Though the fact remains that while we never should've gone to Iraq to begin with, we still did, and there's nothing we can do to change that. Now it's also true that Obama shouldn't have pulled out of Iraq when he did, especially now that we've seen the consequences of the act.

But ISIS got its start in Syria, bolstered by the Iraqi military fleeing into the region shortly after the end of the US invasion. They built their power base there, and expanded onward from that point. If we stayed in Iraq, we would had a better foothold in the region to launch a counterattack, but that would eventually have necessitated a move into Syria at some point.

Syria is basically an unavoidable conflict for us by this point. So the question is, why is it that the people who so openly criticize Obama for leaving Iraq, placing the rise of ISIS solely on his shoulders over it, are so dead set on criticizing him over starting a "new" proxy war in Syria? Either way, we would've ended up in the same place, so it seems to me that some people are griping just to gripe.

Reactions: BigHonkingDeal

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Why all the whining? This gives a perfect opportunity to The Donald to open his purse and cover the expenses of the RNC with his vast riches. Wait, what do I hear? He is not that rich after all, his bank account is the size of his hands and his ..., wherever!

So essentially what you're saying is that white men have small pee-pees?

Yet supposedly anti-Trumpers say he's the racist one.

That's a total crock. The label racist usually gets applied to those who demonstrate racist actions or statements in many ways.

Yeah thats exactly what the majority of anti-trump people demonstrate and expose about themselves: They hate rich white men.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
There is a minor detail those political talking points miss. Yes the Democrats generally give lip service to blacks and gays. However the economic results on blacks are nothing short of a super-crisis despite 7 years of Obama and Democrats.

The Clinton Foundation accepted donations from persons and COUNTRIES that in their own jurisdiction effectively enslave women, have severe penalties including death for merely being gay, and as for rape, unless there are four willing MALE witnesses, there is no crime. It is a different culture we are seeing imported with the Syrian refugees in all the countries they are fleeing to. Rapes way up (they travel in gangs of 3-6 males), they are not assimilating to a sufficient degree like immigrants we all know for the past few decades. They are bringing their culture here, inclusive of Sharia (inherently inconsistent with the US Constitution).

The most pro black, pro hispanic, pro gay candidate is actually Trump, despite his caustic rhetoric. Try seeing media outlets you don't normally watch and read and see how the other half thinks so you can make a wise decision. Trump being Republican would pass the R House and R Senate bills to lower anti-stimulus (over-taxation) policies, as well as sign the couple hundred jobs bills trapped by Democratic Senate Majority, then Minority leader Harry Reid. He is the individual cause of the do-nothing Congress in this country and does so under orders from Barry.

I am not saying who I am voting for or suggesting anything for you, but I am suggesting you look actively past the talking points and personal attacks, and look to actual results, actions, and proposals. We have the benefit of 7 years of results to look at. Read my links for DATA.

Apple's position is counterintuitively counterproductive.

cite:
syrian rape gangs in europe

sharia inconsistent with constitution

Last edited:

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
Trump should have said he was part of the communist regime of China. Apple would have bent over backwards to give them free equipment.

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
QGrKoFa.png

So what's The Donald's screen name on MR?

Reactions: imola.zhp

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2003
Apple never donated to Adolf Hitler when he was up for Chancellor of Germany either. So it's no surprise they also withhold from Trump.

Democrat logic:

Berates 2A supporters for fearing government tyranny / compares Trump to Hitler

Reactions: ardent73

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah thats exactly what the majority of anti-trump people demonstrate and expose about themselves: They hate rich white men.
The only one bringing up white people is you.

Tell me Mister Bobby Corwen, do YOU not believe that someone can be simultaneously white and jewish?
[doublepost=1466299520][/doublepost]
Democrat logic:

Berates 2A supporters for fearing government tyranny / compares Trump to Hitler
I berate 2A supporters on the grounds that they actually think they stand any chance if the US military decided to act against them. You would be like a tiny gnat, swatted out of existence with the least bit of effort. All we can really hope to do is keep such monsters out of the government.

Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
The decision is reportedly due to comments made by presumptive nominee Donald Trump which the company takes issue with, in particular his controversial positions on the subjects of minorities, women, and immigrants.

Facebook, Google, and Microsoft have all said they will provide some support to this year's GOP event, despite general reservations within the tech industry about where the party is headed under Trump's candidacy.
So, in short, Apple can't in good conscience support Trump, in particular his comments about practically everything, while f, G and MS are willing to swallow it in hopes of influencing future legislation.

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
More social conditioning from the liberal left wing political agenda.

Why don't any conservatives have any socially influential technology empires and entertainment monopolies?

I guess they want to turn off half the world to buying their products.

The attempt at social brainwashing doesnt fool me and it strikes me as unprofessional from a tech company. They have lost a lot of my respect due to inappropriate political agendas.
This is the man, recall, that called for a boycott of Apple as a result of the iPhone password case. Why should Apple contribute to a man that has directly attacked the company. And in addition, there are the comments and attacks about businesses such as Apple that manufacture overseas - that list is so long. (Including Trump clothing ironically). Always amused when one side has to attempt to discredit the other side with terms such as "brain washed" - as if your Fox News-talking points are somehow more informed.

Huracan

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007
You know this type of "attack" really should only come from someone with more money than Trump.

Otherwise you just come off as jelly.
Respectfully disagree with your assessment. I have many feelings about The Donald, jealousy is not one of them. Disgust is one of them. I don't see how any of what I said should come from someone richer than The Donald. Do you agree he should self-finance his campaign as he promised? Have you forgotten how much he has bragged about how much money he has and that he is not going to ask for money? Selective short term memory loss? At the very least, after what The Donald has said repeatedly, do you think he should really put some of his money into his campaign? So far he has only loaned his money.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
When it comes to Trump, it's no longer just a political disagreement. The man is at best an ignorant bafoon.

Still better than a compulsive lying criminal. I'll take trump over her any day. Anyone with common sense would. Our country is just not that smart.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Thats just your opinion. Half the country doesnt agree with you.
Actually, more than half of the country AGREES with him. Even by conservative polling, 56% of Americans say they will never vote for Trump, 66% can't stand him, and his approval ratings are in the 30's. He will NEVER be President. Democrats outnumber Republicans in this country, don't forget that. The GOP won't be running the show for many many years. They better shape up.

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
Never.

Its unprofessional.
That's simply moronic. Businesses, successful global businesses, have not just a right, but frequently an obligation, to their share holders as well as employees to take a position. Whether the position involves gender equality, gay rights, or the environment, to name just a few. Many of these issues matter to the company simply because it matters to their employees and their employees rights or it matters to the company's global marketing strategy. It is at the very core of "professional" to protect your company's interests and mold its public image. If your market segment focuses on the millennials, then social responsibility is very important to that market - that segment watches things such as recycling, carbon foot print and equal rights causes. Just because where you stand, is not where Apple stands on political agendas, does not make it unprofessional. It doesn't make Apple right or wrong, nor does it make you right or wrong. You just disagree on the benefits of taking a position and how they would effect either of you. Some companies also play the Switzerland-neutral role - for their own agenda as well. Both candidates have different policies that will have different - positive and negative - impacts on any company. The interest and right of a business or business owner to have a say in that outcome is absolute if they should chose to exercise it. It would only be unprofessional if they chose to exercise that right poorly - name calling, smearing, lying. In this case, they quite professionally stated how the Trump candidacy does not represent their corporate policy. And I would find it no less professional if Smith & Wesson publicly said they will not contribute to Clinton's campaign. How would that be viewed as unprofessional? I don't think it would nor should it.

Huracan

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007

No, I was just playing with words to make fun of The Donald, using similar words to the ones he used to attack the Fox news journalist. It was The Donald who took the bait and started bragging about the size of his privates. I am a person who likes facts and things that can be proven. He hasn't shown any proof for all his claims. My comment was miles from intending to be racist. It is exactly just directed to The Donald and nobody else, and just paraphrasing his own words. Saying this, people who think The Donald is not racist are probably unknowingly racist themselves. I think The Donald has given ample proof of being a racist, but mostly a secondary school yard bully of the worst kind.

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
Good.

No corporation should support a hard racist candidate.

And they should avoid taking money from their hard racist followers as well.

Apple should stop selling products to all Trump voters.

And the US should revoke citizenship and rights to all Trump supporters. We really need to eliminate these harmful and dangerous people from our great liberal society.

If these people don't like a liberal country like America, they can always move somewhere else.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
If you're in business, is it ever a good idea to share your political views with your customers?
Yes. Of course. If you're seen to be actively or passively supporting an extremist individual or campaign, it could be damaging to your business worldwide. Losing the custom of a few supporters of that extremist individual or campaign might be by far less damaging to to your bottom line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.