Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
I figured it would easier to manage if we have carrier specific threads for those of us who chose to preorder through our providers. This is my second preorder for the Apple Watch. My first one was for the S0 42mm SS, which I got directly from Apple. I have to get the GPS + Cellular combo, since that's the only arrangement the SS is available in, so I decided to get it from AT&T. I submitted my preorder for a SS 44mm at 3:07 am EST, due to experiencing issues with the app and site. I received a delivery timeframe of Oct 1-8. AT&T authorized my card for the tax this morning at 1:23 am, which is odd in my opinion (that's nearly a 24 hour delay). What are you all seeing on your end?

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I tried to start a similar thread yesterday as I was thinking the same but I’m not seeing it posted anywhere so I’ll just keep checking this one. Thanks for starting it!

ATT
Order placed at 3:00am CST (issue with the site accepting my debit card).
Aluminum Space black sport band
Delivery by 9/21
Authorization charge has been submitted to my bank.

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
I tried to start a similar thread yesterday as I was thinking the same but I’m not seeing it posted anywhere so I’ll just keep checking this one. Thanks for starting it!

ATT
Delivery by 9/21

Does AT&T normally preauthorize all of the preorders they receive, or do they only do this once an item is getting ready to ship? I haven't placed a preorder with them in years, so I'm not sure what I should be expecting.

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
Does AT&T normally preauthorize all of the preorders they receive, or do they only do this once an item is getting ready to ship? I haven't placed a preorder with them in years, so I'm not sure what I should be expecting.

I expect pretty much all retailers do this on preorders. Probably the charge will drop off in a few days and then be resubmitted to your bank at time of shipping. Mostly a guess though so we’ll see.

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
I expect pretty much all retailers do this on preorders. Probably the charge will drop off in a few days and then be resubmitted to your bank at time of shipping. Mostly a guess though so we’ll see.

I see where you're coming from, but Apple hasn't authorized a charge on my card for the watch I got for my nephew (at least not yet). I know these preorders were submitted via two different methods, I'm just trying to understand what I should expecting.

Lwtbluebeetle

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
CT
I preorder the gold aluminum 40mm at 3:17am. The site took at least 10 mins for me to even show the series 4 watches and it loaded so slowly. So by the time I was able to put the order through the delivery date for me says oct 1-8. I don’t know if they sold out of the ones for sept 21st or they just weren’t getting the option I choose in by then. I have the taxes and everything going to my next bill so I have no idea if they put any charges through yet. So I have no idea if those delivery times are accurate or not.

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
I got my order in at 1:55am cst. The site was up just long enough for me to order. I ordered the Gold SS 44mm for delivery 9/21. I have a pending charge on my card.

Last edited:

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
I got my att pre order in for 44mm space black stainless steel at 3:15am est shows 9/21 delivery. Already shows phone number for the device under the att app and email confirmation.
[doublepost=1537049488][/doublepost]Also for att pre orders for the cellular ones. You get 60 credit for buying Apple Watch thru att. (30 for activation fee + 30 for 10 Cellular fee credited for 3 months )

Reactions: Ladyc0524

BlazePhyre

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2014
AT&T will charge you and it will fall off, and charge again when it’s about to ship. Apple charges when it’s about to ship. This is my first Apple Online Store order. Last two iPhones, including iPhone X was AT&T.

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
Pre ordered Series 4 44mm Aluminum at 12:04 AM and delivery date October 1-8 but already got my number under the order status.

I'm about to check mine now to see if it shows the same. Does this mean it's going to ship earlier, or are they setting it up in advance?

AT&T will charge you and it will fall off, and charge again when it’s about to ship. Apple charges when it’s about to ship. This is my first Apple Online Store order. Last two iPhones, including iPhone X was AT&T.

Thank you for clearing this up!

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
My order has moved from “order processing”, this morning, to “in progress”! Seeing some movement. Nice!
[doublepost=1537065197][/doublepost]

ATT
Delivery by 9/21

My order has moved from “order processing”, this morning, to “in progress”! Seeing some movement. Nice!
(Just posted this update a moment ago but realized it might be good to include some context so reposting again with my original post. Sorry about the redundancy.)

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
[doublepost=1537065197][/doublepost]

(Just posted this update a moment ago but realized it might be good to include some context so reposting again with my original post. Sorry about the redundancy.)

It's fine my friend, mine shows the same thing for status. I'm interested to see if my delivery date changes once the new week starts.

Reactions: gmikesell

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
*Update*
I'm still showing the tax authorization on my card, but my delivery date timeframe hasn't been updated. How's everyone else's orders looking?

iDrummer3

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2012
Middle TN
I ordered mine Saturday morning around 10 AM CST. All of the stainless were sold out or had Oct to Nov dates. I ordered the 44mm Space Grey Aluminum with black sport band and it is scheduled to be delivered Friday the 21st. I have never preordered an Apple Watch before but I have preordered iPhones for the past 4 years and I always receive my device on the day it says in the confirmation email. I received both emails within minutes of each other and I used the option to bill the taxes to my next bill. Here's to hoping that we all get some movement and tracking numbers in the next 24 to 48 hours.

JoeUser99

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
My current watch is the Series 2. Wanted the Nike edition, but was not available through AT&T at the time. Now, series 4 and same thing. No Nike edition on pre-orders from AT&T. Is available to pre-order from Verizon and Sprint. Not compromising this time.

iDrummer3

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2012
Middle TN
My current watch is the Series 2. Wanted the Nike edition, but was not available through AT&T at the time. Now, series 4 and same thing. No Nike edition on pre-orders from AT&T. Is available to pre-order from Verizon and Sprint. Not compromising this time.
I dont think the Nike S4 launches until October.

jdsalinas

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
New to this post. Ordered 2 watched. My first order was a 44mm SG aluminum sport loop at exactly 2:00 am central time. I ordered it along with Xs Max and had a delivery date of 9/21 through the whole check out process for both. It wasn’t until I received an order update from att the next morning that had the phone still at 9/21 but the watch had changed to 9/28-10/5. I was pretty shocked to see since I ordered right at 2 even though I’m sure some people got it before I figured I was still early enough to get it by 9/21.

For my second order I got gold aluminum 40mm. That one I ordered at 2:16 central time and I got a 9/21 delivery for that one and when I received the order update email from att the date remained the same.

Not sure why the date changed on the 44mm SG. I figured if anything the one I ordered later would run the risk of not being 9/21 delivery but it was totally the other way around. Anybody else have this happened to them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.