Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Status update: I should have it tomorrow morning! :D

Expected Delivery by

SATURDAY18 NOVEMBER2017by
8:00pm

Status
In-Transit
November 17, 2017 at 1:37 pm

ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL FACILITY

CHAMPAIGN IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

The weird thing is that the Distribution Center is within walking distance of my condo, where I am now, but the Post Office where I have to pick it up is on the other side of town. Cause of this is the wired zip code system.

Last edited:

GERGreg427

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
Fort Worth
Just got shipment notification, It was picked up in Ft Worth today, will deliver on Mon, but, I'm here in Ft Worth. Why so late of a shipment?

Ordered Oct. 31, around noon central

SG 256GB

Orig Delivery Date: 12/6 - 12/13

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianSoCal

beepboopmeep

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017
I ordered November 10th. Space grey 256 GB. Ship date at December 11th.
I waited so long to order because I wasn’t sure I wanted to pay the $1149 at first. Then I saw a buy one get one (kind of) and couldn’t help myself.

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
I ordered an iPhone X 64 Silver in store at ATT on 11/11 for the buy one get an 8 for free. Arrival date between of 11/27 - 12/4. When I woke up this morning it is Preparing to Ship. This is the second X for my family plan. I have never ordered through ATT, how long will ATT take to ship now.

I always buy from Apple and get mine iPhone on day 1. I did this for the BOGO deal.Also, I am a little upset finding out that shipping from a store is ground while online is overnight. I would have paid for overnight, if the rep would have mentioned it. I called and the phone rep said she would have to cancel and reorder to change shipping method at this point. I did not want to cancel and get out of the queue. Since this is an addition to the plan for a friend he can wait a couple of days.

Thank you for insight. Your wait for the X will be well worth it!

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
I ordered an iPhone X Space Gray 64g Dec-14 from AT&T with a shipping date of Dec 6-13. I check the Apple store nearest me this morning and they have them in stock. I canceled my AT&T order and bought on line from the Apple store and have an appointment to pick it up this morning at 10:00 AM. I'm a happy boy.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

fistertondeluxe

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017
I ordered an iPhone X Space Gray 64g Dec-14 from AT&T with a shipping date of Dec 6-13. I check the Apple store nearest me this morning and they have them in stock. I canceled my AT&T order and bought on line from the Apple store and have an appointment to pick it up this morning at 10:00 AM. I'm a happy boy.

Did you have to cancel the AT&T order first before doing the one on Apple's site?

Turtle69Turtle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
I ordered an iPhone X 64 Silver in store at ATT on 11/11 for the buy one get an 8 for free. Arrival date between of 11/27 - 12/4. When I woke up this morning it is Preparing to Ship. This is the second X for my family plan. I have never ordered through ATT, how long will ATT take to ship now.

I always buy from Apple and get mine iPhone on day 1. I did this for the BOGO deal.Also, I am a little upset finding out that shipping from a store is ground while online is overnight. I would have paid for overnight, if the rep would have mentioned it. I called and the phone rep said she would have to cancel and reorder to change shipping method at this point. I did not want to cancel and get out of the queue. Since this is an addition to the plan for a friend he can wait a couple of days.

When I was placing orders for the X for customers, it didn’t give me an option to overnight the phone. Actually now that I’m thinking about it, it never gives me an option to overnight a phone. Granted I work for an authorized retail location and not a corporate store. It always makes me pick the free economy shipping

beepboopmeep

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2017

Over the phone I was offered expedited shipping. Not sure what that means but the rep said it would be free.

ej2zo

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2008
ATT told me that the payment plan must stay active to keep getting the monthly credits. I am going to buy the X via the Apple payment plan and sell the iPhone 7 as ATT locked and keep making the payments. Hope that works.

Has anyone had success in doing this and continue receiving the iphone 6 trade in promotion credits without a hitch?

DrHazmat11

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Buffalo, NY
I agree haha. I’m rocking a tech21 evo tactical case and a glass screen protector . Really liking the case
I put a tempered glass screen protector on the back AND a case that has a clear back that protects the back glass. Making sure that glass doesnt crack.... expensive repair lol
[doublepost=1511026293][/doublepost]

Apparently that Preparing to Ship phase can vary. Some are stuck there for weeks, others a few days, some lucky ones only hours. Oddly enough, I was only in PTS for 2 days before it randomly shipped.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
I put a tempered glass screen protector on the back AND a case that has a clear back that protects the back glass. Making sure that glass doesnt crack.... expensive repair lol
[doublepost=1511026293][/doublepost]

What do you mean by “back glass”??

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Just posting a follow up. ATT order from ATT. Ordered on the 11th of this month, just received an e-mail that is shipped. 64GB Silver. Not bad! Hoping it makes it here next week; shipped via UPS.

Reactions: dave006

CaliDave92

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2017
Lancaster, Calif
Specs: iPhone X - 256GB - Silver
Ordered: 10/27/2017 11:29 a.m. PDT at AT&T Retailer.
Expected Shipment Date: Between 12/4/2017 and 12/11/2017
Order Status: In Progress

Status has remained the same since the order was placed which has been maddening considering that they’re people who placed their orders hours, days and weeks after I who either received sooner shipment dates or their devices already. AT&T says they go by first serve, first come shipping process. Clearly not the truth. I’m giving AT&T the full expected shipment date period before I seriously consider cancelling and re-ordering through Apple.

Last edited:

npayme

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
Baghdad/Atlanta
You're getting screwed bro.

I took my sweet time pre ordering on 10/27. Like HOURS after they began. Upgraded via the apple store app. Shipped my 256 Space Gray on friday the 17th with a 11/27 expected delivery date.

Maybe you should try via the apple store app. My sister ordered her phone on the 15th of Nov. She has the same shipping estimate as you.

Specs: iPhone X - 256GB - Silver
Ordered: 10/27/2017 11:29 a.m. PDT at AT&T Retailer.
Expected Shipment Date: Between 12/4/2017 and 12/11/2017
Order Status: In Progress

Status has remained the same since the order was placed which has been maddening considering that they’re people who placed their orders hours, days and weeks after I who either received sooner shipment dates or their devices already. AT&T says they go by first serve, first come shipping process. Clearly not the truth. I’m giving AT&T the full expected shipment date period before I seriously consider cancelling and re-ordering through Apple.

CaliDave92

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2017
Lancaster, Calif
You're getting screwed bro.

I took my sweet time pre ordering on 10/27. Like HOURS after they began. Upgraded via the apple store app. Shipped my 256 Space Gray on friday the 17th with a 11/27 expected delivery date.

Maybe you should try via the apple store app. My sister ordered her phone on the 15th of Nov. She has the same shipping estimate as you.

Exactly!
I’m trying to be perseverant and optimistic that my order will be bumped up weeks in advance of the original expected shipment date(s) like so many others have had thus far. Going into the preordering process I knew that there’d be a good chance of my order getting held up due to the reported shortage of supply
but as stated earlier, seeing people who ordered after me whether it be by hours, days or weeks already get their devices has broken my willingness to be patient & merciful with AT&T.

I definitely see that i’m getting screwed by AT&T and when i call them to investigate this issue, AT&T is either clueless or blames Apple for not adequately supplying them with enough devices to ship.
I’ve subscribed to iStocknow.com to keep track of the supply at the local apple stores here in Los Angeles County in the event that I do decide to cancel this current order and re-order through Apple.
I’m just weary of doing that right now without knowing If i’ll be able to swiftly secure a pick-up order through Apple knowing that I’m looking at only 2 more weeks of waiting for it to come in the mail.

evotoiphone

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Mass
Got sick of waiting for AT&T to ship. Stalked istocknow for about 2 hours yesterday and BOOM, found one about an hour away. Ordered, paid, picked up! Trying to get used to the smaller phone coming from a 7 plus.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Got sick of waiting for AT&T to ship. Stalked istocknow for about 2 hours yesterday and BOOM, found one about an hour away. Ordered, paid, picked up! Trying to get used to the smaller phone coming from a 7 plus.

Yeah. Though screen is actually bigger than 7Plus the physical unit is smaller - and the killer for me, coming from the Plus, is the smaller keyboard. Uggh. Gonna be a loooong year having to deal with that - until, hopefully, they release an X Plus next year.

If Apple thinks people will consider this a “replacement” for the Plus series.. they’re crazy.. lol..

But overall a really positive upgrade!!

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
Exactly!
I’m trying to be perseverant and optimistic that my order will be bumped up weeks in advance of the original expected shipment date(s) like so many others have had thus far. Going into the preordering process I knew that there’d be a good chance of my order getting held up due to the reported shortage of supply
but as stated earlier, seeing people who ordered after me whether it be by hours, days or weeks already get their devices has broken my willingness to be patient & merciful with AT&T.

I definitely see that i’m getting screwed by AT&T and when i call them to investigate this issue, AT&T is either clueless or blames Apple for not adequately supplying them with enough devices to ship.
I’ve subscribed to iStocknow.com to keep track of the supply at the local apple stores here in Los Angeles County in the event that I do decide to cancel this current order and re-order through Apple.
I’m just weary of doing that right now without knowing If i’ll be able to swiftly secure a pick-up order through Apple knowing that I’m looking at only 2 more weeks of waiting for it to come in the mail.

You should absolutely cancel your order and either try to get a X at a store, or simply re-order. I ordered on November 10th and I'll have my Silver 64gb X tomorrow (that's 10 days from order to delivery including weekends), so your order is clearly not being processed as FIFO. Better yet, I'd call AT&T and give them heck about this obvious screw-up on their part. They have leeway in what they can do to get you a X faster and/or provide some kind of discount.

Reactions: rotlex and npayme

CaliDave92

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2017
Lancaster, Calif
You should absolutely cancel your order and either try to get a X at a store, or simply re-order. I ordered on November 10th and I'll have my Silver 64gb X tomorrow (that's 10 days from order to delivery including weekends), so your order is clearly not being processed as FIFO. Better yet, I'd call AT&T and give them heck about this obvious screw-up on their part. They have leeway in what they can do to get you a X faster and/or provide some kind of discount.

I’ll definitely give them another call (my 3rd call to them about my order) either this evening or tomorrow for sure because from the looks of it, it definitely seems as though my order is being forsaken. I would rather try to sort this out with them rather than cancel my order but they’re pushing me in that direction the more I see people in forums that ordered after I did already get their devices delivered or shipped.
My previous times calling AT&T about my iPhone X order they’ve either been clueless, blamed apple and said that there was nothing that they could do to quicken my shipping & delivery. I’ve tried to be patient and understanding with them but my next call may not be so charitable in tone.
Thanks for the amplified incentive. I don’t think i’m going to tolerate their excuses as generously as i have done before this time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.