Bloomberg: Apple Watch to Get Standalone App Store, iOS 13 Will Have All-New Sleep Mode, and More

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 6, 2019.

1. RedGala macrumors regular

RedGala

Maybe opening up a watch face store

2. DotCom2 macrumors 601

For the watch, I just want full iMessages in the Clould so when I delete off my phone they also delete off the watch. Such a pain to delete messages on the Watch.

3. FFR Suspended

FFR

Before going android, apple still has iPad and Mac users to offer the apple watch to.

4. Ds6778 macrumors 6502a

Ds6778

I guess you didn’t read the list...and it’s not like 99% of those Google Updates actually make it to any phones outside of the 3 Pixel phones they sell.

5. rowspaxe macrumors 68020

rowspaxe

hybrid, actually

6. FFR Suspended

FFR

Your not the only one, many don’t. We actually spend our time in apps and not staring vacantly at a home screen.

It’s just a vocal minority that feel as though they represent the majority, and yet still end up purchasing iPhones. Or so they claim.

7. AppleMad98004 macrumors 6502

An Android user. Apple is looking to de-couple the Watch from the requirement you have an iPhone.

8. decypher44 macrumors 6502a

decypher44

So no new HomePod will be announced? Just a software update?

9. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

You can do that now.

10. ignatius345 macrumors 68020

I hope we get some better performance with Gmail, but I'm not holding my breath...

11. MacHiavelli macrumors 65816

MacHiavelli

Apple leaking all this now so they can fanfare the launch of ARM-based Macs at WDDC.

12. mousekiks macrumors member

The Apple Watch stores the last 30 days of messages and automatically deletes older ones. It used to bother me too, until I realized that it doesn’t have to be managed at all.

13. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

I believe it is audio books only.

14. palmerc2 macrumors 68000

palmerc2

Two things I’d like to see in iOS 13....

-Dark mode
    -Smart “Do Not Disturb” where I can omit certain apps from being silenced.

15. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

I’m really looking forward to these updates. My guess is Apple has some amazing and major updates this year.

16. thebluepotato macrumors member

What I would have wished for (could be one of the "additional changes" on the last slides of the iOS presentation), would be improvements to automatic space management on iPhones and Mac, especially with iCloud Photos. I want my most recent photos to be always available and have some flexibility as to keeping some albums in full quality, a certain number of recent pics, etc. I find that iOS is a bit aggressive regarding freeing up space, most of my apps disappear as soon as I save a video!

17. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I'm looking forward to one day being able to sync my phone with my iPad. If I can do that, back my iPhone up to a 1TB iPad Pro, sync iTunes music (and have all the functionality of the desktop version of iTunes on the iPad) and back up my iPad to an external drive NAS or DAS, then I'd be happy to leave my MacBook Pro on a desk all day.

18. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Would it be too much to ask for the return of the split keyboard in new iPad Pros?

19. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I thought he meant true split screen monitoring, where you can see the stats from both apps at the same time on the screen.

20. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I noticed that too. I’m guessing the HomePod is probably the least of the Products they will provide updates for WWDC, as it was recently updated not that long ago. I have a feeling the HomePod likely has another update/refresh coming later this Fall.

21. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91

I’m hoping smaller things like Volume UI, Time until charged, Fast charging, etc. are all smaller things that will be included

22. The Phazer macrumors 68030

That's a fairly dispiriting list for MacOS, but we have heard elsewhere that they're going to fix splitscreen pinning to be on par with the vastly superior Windows 10 implementation.

Hopefully it will include a bevvy of eGPU improvements under the hood, and especially boot camp support.

23. TimFL1 macrumors 6502

I'll buy a bunch with cheap cellular plans for older relatives then.
    There is no reason it can't just pair with an iPad, iPod or macOS device though if that's all someone has.
    What they mean is so it knows who issued the command. You can add multiple users to the HomePod (e.g. you and your partner, like the "Hey Siri" setup on your iDevices).

Anyways, I hope they also bring along a few things like Health app on other devices (can't really use an iPad to track steps, but Health data is synced to iCloud anyways so might aswell have a viewer on your iPad/MacBook). The Messages app changes (avatars etc.) sound to me like they are potentially paving the way for RCS support as a fallback for iMessage.

24. MacBH928 macrumors 68040

MacBH928

its no use to add features to iOS. iOS today is where OS 9 was in 2001 and Windows 3.1 in 1995.

It was built for a different era. Time for a completely new OS for iphones and iPads, but Tim Cook is too scared to kill his golden goose.

25. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

WatchOS and IOS for iPhone looking to be underwhelming again (except for dark mode).

Yay.....