Bloomberg: Apple Watch to Get Standalone App Store, iOS 13 Will Have All-New Sleep Mode, and More

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 6, 2019.

1. dustinfarris macrumors newbie

dustinfarris

Just want to add tags to my notes and share folders of notes. Is it too much to ask?

2. firat macrumors newbie

firat

I never buy the new iPhone until they add multitasking feature.

3. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Yeah you’re probably right that it’s coming from inside Apple. But I don’t think it’s approved. I think it’s a crappy thing to do.

4. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Still no split screen for the iPhone but I like the rest of it. It sounds good!

5. hmark8 macrumors regular

Other than the overdue dark mode which is nearly guarenteed to show up, the only 2 new items of updates to a swipe keyboard (instead of using privacy invasive third party options), and finally a little love to reminders, but others seem more like very minor tweaks. Notably no major new features to maps or mail, to bring them closer to their competitors. And even Reminders sounds like still won't come close to natural language parsing input like Fantastical. But of course this is just rumors so hopefully more to come that is just well hidden.

6. alexandr macrumors 6502a

alexandr

7. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

The iPhone has always had multi-tasking.

You could surf the web and play music in the background at the same time on the very first iPhone. Apple has expanded what you can do with multi-tasking since.

You should expand on your statement to what part of multi-tasking you need. Androids don't offer full multi-tasking either.

8. Antes macrumors newbie

My homepods already do this. I find that annoying actually. Or am I understanding this wrong?

I ask Siri to play music and it does. When a guest comes into my home and asks Siri to change the music, it annoyingly also does that. I'd prefer Siri not listen to my guests and continue playing my music Lol.

9. Greenmeenie macrumors 65816

Greenmeenie

The biggest thing I want in iOS 13 is the ability to connect an external HD to the usb-c of my ipad pro. I am hoping that Federighi hinting about such a feature was no joke and that it becomes a reality in iOS 13. That would help me so much with my video & photo editing work flow.

10. rowspaxe macrumors 68020

rowspaxe

Surprised this omission is not drawing more attention. Aside from ipad now usable as a wacom like
    device--thies release seems like a nothing burger

11. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I think I am one of the few who doesn't care at all about a home screen refresh on the iPhone or a redesign. It's all superficial to me and makes no difference. I don't need to see a pretty sun with clouds on my home screen. I just need my phone to run the apps I need it to when I need it do. I never understood the "I am bored with iOS" mentality.

12. partsofspeech macrumors regular

partsofspeech

Apple is gradually taking away features of file management from end users so that users will find the only convenient way to store and manage user files is Apple’s iCloud and streaming services.

13. Loge macrumors 68030

Loge

Yes, sounds like they will be adding lots of fancy stuff to faces, while completely missing the obvious.

14. rowspaxe macrumors 68020

rowspaxe

Hello! It's mac rumors--epicenter of windows ignorance

15. realtuner macrumors 65816

realtuner

Except for the single biggest “feature” about iOS 7 that nobody knew until launch day - that it was 64bit. Along with the A7 processor. Both caught the industry by surprise.

Which makes me think these leaks are intentional. How could someone know about iOS 7 features but not know it was 64bit?

16. [AUT] Thomas macrumors 6502

The iPad features sound nice in theory... let's hope Apple delivers...
    Can we finally have Outlook style reply-headers without out the stupid quote-level increase by default? Currently Mail.app users wreak havoc on every email...
    Also, will it support IMAP IDLE in 2019? Be great if we can FINALLY get that!

Well... better keep the expectations low...

17. Mizouse macrumors regular

I can’t imagine trying to read a book on my Apple Watch o_O

18. bscheffel macrumors member

me too! iOS 13 without this will be a disappointment

19. PastaPrimav Suspended

Marzipan and iOS apps coming to the Mac is a lot by itself.

20. firat macrumors newbie

firat

Unfortunately yes, it does. At least it offers exactly what I want. I am talking about the "split screen" feature.

Even though I can't stand Android's general experience, once I use the split screen feature, the iPhone feels restricted and inadequate.

I want to be able to see and use more than one application on a single screen. It's 2019 and we have 6.5 inches wide screens on our hands.

21. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I'm certainly looking forward to iOS 13! Especially dark mode and the (potential) for swipe keyboard.

Could a dedicated App Store for the Apple Watch indicate that there soon will be support for third party watch faces?

22. Analog Kid macrumors 601

Analog Kid

Looking forward to an official alternative to Duet display. The quality of Duet as always been close, but not quite great. This seems like a no brainer for an OS level integration improvement.

23. edgonzalez32 macrumors 6502

I do hope to see improvements to grouped notifications. Also I'd like to see less restrictions with Ad Blockers, like being able to use AdGuard Pro system wide, not just in Safari. Speaking of Safari, actually having FireFox and/or Chrome, not just Safari wrapped up in a different skin. Also want pip in YouTube and Twitch.

24. realtuner macrumors 65816

realtuner

Samsung and the Android community have been trying to change the definition of multitasking for some time. Often in response to iOS multitasking changes. This way they can always claim iOS doesn’t multitask.

My guess is they’re referring to split screen on an iPhone, where multitasking means two Apps side-by-side. As opposed to the industry accepted term of multitasking - running multiple tasks concurrently on a computer.

25. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

The split-screen doesn't work correctly on Android yet. Not until Android Q.

https://liliputing.com/2018/11/android-is-gaining-support-for-true-multi-tasking.html

iPhone iOS can support for 2 apps at once on the screen using this app...

26. chfilm macrumors 68020

chfilm